You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Edin Džeko

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Edin Dzeko

Postby shwas55 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:18 am

Agree with some of the posts here.
A deal with Milan to get Gourcuff here, and send Toni there.
Bring Gomez in for 25mil.

I have been trying to support Toni the last few weeks (even though i wasnt fan of his since day one), but its time for him to go. That miss yesterday just summed up his season. Up till Last week i wouldnt have minded if the club gave him another season, but you could just see that he is even slower than he used to be, more lazy than ever and he is lacking the only thing that makes him a good striker and thats finishing.

Time for a new striker. Uli, and Beckenbauer think so too, they both confirmed our interest in Gomez and Dezko
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Dzeko or Gomez

Postby shwas55 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:25 am

With Toni looks to be on the way out, we should go for a finisher. Thats why im for Gomez.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:37 am

We have more chances getting Gomez rather then Dzeko.Man Utd , Milan , Chelsea are after Dzeko and i don't think he'll refuse them.
shpati_L1
2012/13 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 24, 2009 11:49 am

Mario Gomez. He's got great finishing, and good dribbling as well. He's a danger whenever he gets the ball. Also, he's good at headers, which will be good with Ribery and possibly Hleb on the wings.

I would love to see both of them in a Bayern shirt though. Klose is getting on in years after all, and he hasn't played for a long time because of his injury.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 24, 2009 3:38 pm

but on the other hand Dzeko will prolly be cheaper than Gomez. I hear 30M !?!? theres no way I wanna pay that for him.
I think Dzeko will keep performing like he has. He seems to me the kind of player that will keep on going. But then again thats just gut-feeling which is quite doubtful.

I dissagree with some of u saying that striker is not a priority ATM. I think a new striker to replace Toni is just as important. Toni has the highest salary of all here in Bayern and it is so frustrating to see him miss tap ins. Did any of u count the amount of easy goals he's missed this season? I bet no one has cus they'd lose count. We need a striker that can score the crosses Ribery delivers.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Gomez is a lil like Toni. Dzeko a lil like Klose.
Both of them is best but we can't be too greedy, we also need another RB, GK, and some midfield problems too. Toni should go and I dont really mind which one of the two will join but I have a feeling Dzeko will become one of the world's best strikers.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby bayern_fukara » Sun May 24, 2009 3:58 pm

SilentStrike wrote:Gomez is a lil like Toni. Dzeko a lil like Klose.
Both of them is best but we can't be too greedy, we also need another RB, GK, and some midfield problems too. Toni should go and I dont really mind which one of the two will join but I have a feeling Dzeko will become one of the world's best strikers.

maybe i am too subjective, but Dzeko is, now, one of the best strikers... if you follow his career, you will notice that this success is not over the night... last year he played very well... he has a great technique for his height, great header, great shot, great running on the pitch... intelligence... and many other skills... and the best part about him is that Dzeko is just a regular guy, not like some superstars... acting something that they are not....
I would like to see Dzeko in Bayern... :D
bayern_fukara
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 24, 2009 4:16 pm

same here dude, Im not bandwagoning the rest, Im not so sure about Gomez.
We do have to keep in mind that LvG likes a pivot kinda guy. Yet I think Dzeko would score so many goals from Ribery's crosses.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MrLinky » Sun May 24, 2009 5:07 pm

SilentStrike wrote:but on the other hand Dzeko will prolly be cheaper than Gomez. I hear 30M !?!?

While Wolfsburg have put a price-tag of 25 million on Dzeko (after his first real good season!) for anyone who would want to buy him. Edin would be a bit cheaper, which would be the only factor that would speak for him over Gomez. A couple of years ago when Stuttgart were Bundesliga Champions and Gomez was voted Germany's player of the year Dzeko was a FK Teplice player in the Czech league. He's a lot more experienced (they're both 23 by the way) and has shown that he's not a "one-hit wonder", while Dzeko still has to prove that.

SilentStrike wrote:I dissagree with some of u saying that striker is not a priority ATM. I think a new striker to replace Toni is just as important. Toni has the highest salary of all here in Bayern and it is so frustrating to see him miss tap ins. Did any of u count the amount of easy goals he's missed this season? I bet no one has cus they'd lose count. We need a striker that can score the crosses Ribery delivers.

I would much rather see Luca in attack than Butt/Rensing in goal or Oddo/Lell as right-back in our starting XI.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Sure, he's only had 6 months that he played good, but his technique and style don't make me think he has been lucky. Therefore I believe he'll keep playing well.

"I would much rather see Luca in attack than Butt/Rensing in goal or Oddo/Lell as right-back in our starting XI." that's only your opinion. mines different. I think its so incredibly frustrating to have clear-cut chances being missed. It's not like Butt is failing to make saves that should have been saved. Put it this way, missing the chances Toni missed are bloopers. I wouldn't say Butt made even close to as many bloopers.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MrLinky » Sun May 24, 2009 5:32 pm

SilentStrike wrote:"I would much rather see Luca in attack than Butt/Rensing in goal or Oddo/Lell as right-back in our starting XI." that's only your opinion. mines different. I think its so incredibly frustrating to have clear-cut chances being missed. It's not like Butt is failing to make saves that should have been saved. Put it this way, missing the chances Toni missed are bloopers. I wouldn't say Butt made even close to as many bloopers.

Well that's an exclusive opinion you have there. Prefering to see a 34 year old goal-keeper that didn't manage to be Benfica's first choice in goal and a German full-back that barely has first league qualities, in the starting XI over an Italian international that has an all time scoring record of 112 goals in 170 matches and was Europe's top scorer doesn't sound rational to me. Also keep in mind that even though he was admittedly going through a tough time this, had a lot of injuries and missed some huge chances, he scored 14 goals in 25 matches in the Bundesliga and delivered 7 assists. That's 21 "scorer-points" in 25 matches.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 24, 2009 6:10 pm

those are statistics. Many strikers could have gotten way more scorer points than him with the chances he got.
I don't think replacing Butt would be more effective than replacing Toni.

Maybe we'd concede 5 goals less in a season (this is a guess).
Replacing Toni would prolly give us a lot more than 5 extra goals.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby shwas55 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:24 pm

We are apparently also interested in Patrick Helmes..

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/r ... uster.html

Its looking certain that a new striker will be coming for next season.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:36 pm

NO Helmes please.IDK why but i really hate him.
shpati_L1
2012/13 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Maybe the board thinks Gomez is too expensive. Im not so happy about helmes either cus he's just another Olic, someone that is good enough to be a sub.

If we're really after him then I think Toni will stay and we loan off Muller.

Still I think there's not much truth to this rumour. If Hoeness publicly states that we're after Gomez then we're really going to try to get him.

Shpati, there's always a reason to why you hate someone.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News