You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dries Mertens

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Dries Mertens

Postby uzi716 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:52 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... ens-report

Rumors about us keeping tabs on 24 year old Belgian/PSV Eindhoven winger Dries Mertens for a potential move in the future. Report says some Bayern scouts were at the game against de Graafshchap last week to look at Mertens.

I don't think he is a bad option, Reus could become expensive. Mertens could cost us no more than 14mil.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Dries Mertens

Postby quaazi » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:39 am

If this guy is 14 million, 18 for Reus would be a bargain!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Mr.S » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:21 am

I find it very hard to choose between either of them. Merterns came to PSV for 6/7 Million so atleast a 12-13 Million offer is needed. He is a right footed LW & has 11-12 goals already(highest scorer in Eredivisie). Bundesliga is obviously more competitive than Eredivisie but some of Merten's goals & passes are extra-ordinary.

Great player but we have Alaba waiting & Usami has not even had a proper chance & Muller can play RW as well.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 pm

I have never seen this guy play. Does anyone know much about him? Is he fast? What about dribbling and crossing?
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Payam » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:06 pm

MUTU wrote:I have never seen this guy play. Does anyone know much about him? Is he fast? What about dribbling and crossing?

Mertens is a player in the mould of Ribery. Great right foot, very good left foot.
He's a fast running, quick thinking and quick shooting playmaker. Good crosser, has made a good amount of free kick goals in his time with PSV Eindoven.
At 1.70-ish he might take some time to adapt to the physicality of the german league.
He is scaringly similar to Ribery when we first signed him. He has not had a serious injury as of yet.
He isn't a player who likes to backtrack alot. But that can change, I think he's 22-23.
But I kid you not. That kid's gonna be something someday.

What scares me with signing Reus is that he might be more of a forward than a winger. /sidenote.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Mr.S » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm

He's 24,so age in an issue, Although he is looked more as a kid.

Mertens is not like Ribery,for me he is more like Robben,loves to cut inside from the flank,Ribery would rather hog the touch line & play in a pass or a cross.

Mertens loves to shoot by cutting in & has a great shot from well outside the box,check youtube,nice free kick taker as well.He is a decent dribbler as well,decently quick. You know technically gifted goal scoring wingers these days who dont really defend like wingers in a 4-4-2 used to back in the old days. He can also pass as well. Cuts in & also passes,does have quite a few assists as well. Since he plays in the Eredivisie he obviously does not get half the hype Hazard gets but for sure he is more lethal around the penalty box than Hazard.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 pm

I feel that that the price is too high for such a risk. What if he turns out like Pranjic?

I'd rather add a few more million and get Reus
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mr.S » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:29 pm

He's already so much better than Pranjic the whole comparison does not stand ground. Mertens is the Highest Goal-scorer in Eredivisie being a winger. You can see the quality of Eredivisie attackers in the last few years -> Ibra,Suarez,Sneijder,Vaart,Huntelaar. Most of the attackers are very good quality(not the same with defenders though).

I believe Mertens is a back-up plan instead Reus move fails & Usami's move is not made permanent. Personally he is already 24 & I think for his career he should stay in PSV or go to a club where he would be a starter. He would cost atleast 12-13 Million unless PSV become amazingly stupid. I dont really think bayern should spend 15 Million on a back-up. I'd rather get Hummels for 20 Million.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:19 am

Mr.S wrote:I'd rather get Hummels for 20 Million.

No one will sell him for 20 million.. Especially Dortmund.
I think this rumour is a part of Bayern's plan to lure Reus in.
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby dambun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:27 am

Mr.S wrote:He's already so much better than Pranjic the whole comparison does not stand ground. Mertens is the Highest Goal-scorer in Eredivisie being a winger. You can see the quality of Eredivisie attackers in the last few years ->

Pranjic as a midfielder has scored 16 goals in Eredivisie the year before we brought him here..... So if that's your reasoning for his quality, I'm afraid you could go completely wrong!
"" "" "" ""
Wir stehen hinter dir, Uli
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Mr.S » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 pm

& Mertens scored 13 goals in 1/3rd of a season. Anyways Pranjic was not really horrible anyway,just not Bayern quality.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dambun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Mr.S wrote:& Mertens scored 13 goals in 1/3rd of a season. Anyways Pranjic was not really horrible anyway,just not Bayern quality.

Mertens has scored 11 Eredivisie goals in 13 matches..... Pranjic scored 10 in first 11 matches that season.....
Yeah.... I'm not saying he is bad, he might turn out to be pretty mediocre...
I haven't seen him though.... just saying the stats are not that reliable...
"" "" "" ""
Wir stehen hinter dir, Uli
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Some Sources say that Bayern are interested in Dries Mertens and that they are watching him

Timmy Simons , Belgian Veteran of Nurnberg said

"I believe that he can make it, He does not play as good as Reus with the ball on his foot , other than that he moves at the same high level"

"Dries has already asked me about What I think about Bayern and How much I like Bundesliga"
===
Mertens is a Belgian Winger who plays for eindhoven (both Left and right , but he plays Left for Eindhoven)
he is 24 years old and has capped 5 times for belgian NT

He is 168 CM tall

in 18 matches in Eredivisie .. He Scored 13 goals and gave 11 Assists (reminds me of Luis Suarez)

======
Hmmm ... So he is supposed to be the winger back up we are after (assuming that this is true which also means no Shaqiri)

Well Before this , 2 players had some stats from Eredivisie (Luis Suarez and Danijel Pranjic)

and after both left the League with GREAT STATS , Suarez became one of the Players in the Premier League

while Pranjic has no place even on the bench and he is leaving the Club for FREE

So I dont know ...
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Greek Bavarian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 pm

We should take him and Strootman together like PSV took them from FC Utrecht.
They would be excellent back-up. Of course I don't believe they like the idea of being a back-up for ever.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:38 pm

How much are they asking for him?
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News