You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Douglas Costa [Douglas Costa de Souza]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Douglas Costa [Douglas Costa de Souza]

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 pm

tz now claim they have talked to someone close to Costa, and while there've been talks, there was nothing about the amount of the transfer fee, as Bayern are watching four or five other players too. Turned out now too, that 35 million is what Donetzk demanded from Chelsea in the winter window and Chelsea declined. Likely Sport1 got the figure from there. That would be the typical Ortlepp/Sport1 thing. Found out there's something going on and then piece together a story by adding fragments from information completely unrelated to the present case.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Reinhart » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Is there are some special European law that states rumours are allowed as long as they have some credence of truth? Getting tired of all these speculations written by sports tabloids.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:18 pm

zozon wrote:
#12 wrote:Allow me:

No no, you allow me, you hater!

Tell me just ONE Bayern transfer over 30 mil which is a flop. Even better, tell me ONE Bayern transfer which is a flop and it's over 20 million euros!
It's true that Bayern rarely spend those sums, but when they do it's NEVER a flop, do you get it?

Let me put it this way - Bayern is a unique club which spends big money for players that are worth the money! Bayern is not Chelsea, Barca, Real, City.... clubs that have big money flops. Do you now understand or am I gonna picture it to you?

Just open this link

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-bayer ... /verein/27

and above 15+ mil, name me just ONE flop, one!!!

So no, your quote "allow me" is just another of your ignorant horse-dump you are spreading on this thread.

Tell you what:
Grow up, but mainly: acquire some manners! And when you've done that, I'll be more than happy to allow you back into an adult conversation...

MUTU asked me for somebody who said that - that somebody was you... The "allow me" was to demonstrate that I was happy to give him that information... Deal with it...

Also: English is one of the easier languages spoken on this planet... Still, nobody's perfect, so if you don't speak - and read - it very well, no prob... However insulting people over and over again on the basis of your own misunderstanding just makes you look even more ridiculous... I'm pretty sure I never used the word "flop"... You can get good players and still overpay, you know...

Regarding your list... Still depends on what you see as a "flop"... There's a lot of players in there that were WAY overpriced and a lot of players that performed decently but still couldn't live up to the expectations... The way he was chucked out even Gomez might be considered a §flop"... Thiago hasn't really had the chance to win back his money, neither has Benatia - but at least Thiago definitely has the talent to do so... Javi was definitely WAY too expensive...
Also, you're probably aware of the fact that there's a little something called inflation/demonetization... So I don't particularly value those kinds of lists... But even if that was reliable - and there's not even 10 players on your list matching your criteria (and they all came from better leagues, better teams and/or were already big in their own national team - Costa can't even get into the worst Brazil ever...) - just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it's never happening... Having faith is a nice thing... Still I won't celebrate a player I've seen many times and deemed not good enough just because Bayern are stupid enough to ridiculously overpay for him (IMHO about 17-20m too much)... Shaktar alone has a hand full of players that are way better than him...
But hey... I'd be more than happy if he proves me wrong... But 35m... That would require a Ribéry-like performance throughout the season... All the time bearing in mind they didn't actually sign him as the new RB to replace Rafinha... But still, way too expensive...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Actually, my debate with you stops forever now that you said that Javi was WAY too expensive.
In fact, you dont even know what you are talking about.

Saying that Javi was WAY too expensive, considering the quality he displayed the following season, his age and everything that makes him a football player - is beyond any economical and football reasoning.

What do you consider cheap is out of my mind. Maybe 1 euro.

Thiago hasn't really had the chance to win back his money, neither has Benatia - but at least Thiago definitely has the talent to do so

Saying that Thiago has talent for repaying his transfer sum and Benatia doesn't - makes you even worse. Stop dropping yourself in even worse mess.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby albanian7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:51 pm

zozon wrote:Actually, my debate with you stops forever now that you said that Javi was WAY too expensive.

Saying that Javi was WAY too expensive, considering the quality he displayed the following season, his age and everything that makes him a football player - is beyond any economical and football reasoning.

Thiago hasn't really had the chance to win back his money, neither has Benatia - but at least Thiago definitely has the talent to do so

Saying that Thiago has talent for repaying his transfer sum and Benatia doesn't - makes you even worse. Stop dropping yourself in even worse mess.

Martinez got us to the treble. He was NOT overpriced. He was a prime example of how our transfer policy should be: we lack a quality player in one position? Get the best available.
I don't think Benatia will repay his transfer sum
The problem with Thiago is:
1. Injuries. I mean, he gets a ligament torn or something everytime someone touches him
2. He will probably leave next year if Pep leaves
3. His presence pushed Gotze out of position
4. With a fully fit team, I'm afraid he'll push Muller out too .. and that would be terrible

But yeah, he has talent, he has a magical touch and is a great playmaker
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:00 pm

bastos80 wrote:
Jorge wrote:I do not mind buying a winger as long as Pep starts using the wings :oops:

Wut ?
There is a reason why we suck when we don't have wingers, and that is because he uses them..

Psst! Don't tell anyone. Some of us miss the more direct attacking bursts on the wings that we had with Lahm overlapping on the right and Alaba on the left. Somebody changed that and I am inclined to believe that it wasn't the groundkeeper.

Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Pittbay » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:30 pm

If we are going to sign a RW from Ukraine, I wish we would sign Yarmolenko. Costa is questionable for me.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm

zozon wrote:Actually, my debate with you stops forever now that you said that Javi was WAY too expensive.

Well, I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight... If so, I'l probably cry myself to sleep... :wink:

I'm no the only one who thinks so, actually I'm pretty confident, that it's the majority... He definitely wasn't "cheap" if that's what you meant to say?! But I guess the "cheap" thing was just a general remark...
Anyway... Javi is an outstanding player... And everybody knew he was... Still, I think 40m is, yes, way too much... 30m would be somewhere near the price I think he's worth (unfortunately, he didn't have many chances to improve his worth after 2013...)... And you gotta keep in mind the sums we're talking about here... Even "just" 3m is way more than I (and I don't know what you do but I'm willing to go out on a limb here: probably you too) will ever make in a lifetime... Or maybe even two for that matter... So 5-10m is WAY too much for me... And with Costa it's more than that IMHO...

albanian7 wrote:Martinez got us to the treble. He was NOT overpriced. He was a prime example of how our transfer policy should be: we lack a quality player in one position? Get the best available.

See above... He was an important factor, definitely, but there were others as well... It was a pretty good transfer - but the boy was better then than Costa is now - and still too expensive... Just because he became super-important doesn't mean any price is right... If you remember: even the board thought so... Hoeness said back then "No heÄs not worth 40m - but 40m is what you have to pay if you want him"

But the reason for quoting you is this one: You're right, it WAS a prime example... But you know what? Costa is nowhere near the best available players... ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby thephfactor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 pm

The thing is we need a winger, maybe two, and we should get the best available. I have a really hard time believing that Costa is the best available, especially if the 35 million is the right number.

Who else is there? The likes of Griezmann and Hazard wouldn't leave their respective clubs. I don't know what other wingers would be available.
thephfactor
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:05 pm

You say maybe two, so maybe the other one is the best available ?

Pizarro will leave and we still haven't replaced Shaq, so why can't Costa be the one to replace those 2 and another signing will replace Ribery ?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby thephfactor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Well, yeah, this signing doesn't make sense to me unless that happens.

And it doesn't make sense to me at all for 35 mil
thephfactor
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Christian Falk just said that Douglas Costa transfer doesn't mean Di Maria is off the table.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Douglas Costa [Douglas Costa de Souza]

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 pm

People are acting like Bayern won't make another signing again if they sign Costa. There will be future transfer windows and at the moment Bayern are not in so bad of shape they need to or can go splash mega money on top players like Griezmann and Hazard. Also it is a bit early to shoot down Costa as a failure, you would think the Bayern brass have shown they deserve more faith in us.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby albanian7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 pm

#12 wrote:

Well, I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight... If so, I'l probably cry myself to sleep... :wink:

I'm no the only one who thinks so, actually I'm pretty confident, that it's the majority... He definitely wasn't "cheap" if that's what you meant to say?! But I guess the "cheap" thing was just a general remark...
Anyway... Javi is an outstanding player... And everybody knew he was... Still, I think 40m is, yes, way too much... 30m would be somewhere near the price I think he's worth (unfortunately, he didn't have many chances to improve his worth after 2013...)... And you gotta keep in mind the sums we're talking about here... Even "just" 3m is way more than I (and I don't know what you do but I'm willing to go out on a limb here: probably you too) will ever make in a lifetime... Or maybe even two for that matter... So 5-10m is WAY too much for me... And with Costa it's more than that IMHO...

albanian7 wrote:Martinez got us to the treble. He was NOT overpriced. He was a prime example of how our transfer policy should be: we lack a quality player in one position? Get the best available.

See above... He was an important factor, definitely, but there were others as well... It was a pretty good transfer - but the boy was better then than Costa is now - and still too expensive... Just because he became super-important doesn't mean any price is right... If you remember: even the board thought so... Hoeness said back then "No heÄs not worth 40m - but 40m is what you have to pay if you want him"

But the reason for quoting you is this one: You're right, it WAS a prime example... But you know what? Costa is nowhere near the best available players... ;)

EXACTLY THAT'S WHY I'M AGAINST THIS TRANSFER

I said we should follow Martinez's transfer and get the best available in the one position we desperately need an upgrade. That is the left wing, because of Ribery's injuries & age. And we should also get a great RB, unless we put Lahm back to his spot. Other than that, the rest of the starting 11 + main subs are just fine.
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:06 pm

We also need someone to replace Shaqiri AND Pizarro, you know....
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News