You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Douglas Costa [Douglas Costa de Souza]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Douglas Costa [Douglas Costa de Souza]

Postby Badger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:10 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm actually wondering if #12 was just trolling, but I took the assumption he's not.

#12 wrote:Just because they pay 35m he has to be worth it? What kind of logic is that?

Correct, that logic is a fail. But where did anyone say that?

#12 wrote:This is a player that has never SEEN a real Defender - let alone his legs - in his life(yes, I know I'm exaggerating...)! He is almost 25 years old now and has never performed outstandingly - while playing in a league barely better than the one FCB II plays in...

The player has 8 international caps and has featured in 34 Champions League matches, including against Bayern. Do Bayern have any real defenders?

#12 wrote:And I didn't really trust the board before... NOW, I'm starting to question their sanity...

Just... no comment.

#12 wrote:This is supposd to be the player who helps us not to go out of a match in Camp Nou without a single f*cking attempt? Well, good look... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes.

#12 wrote:I'd rather they had signed Firminho for 45... At least that's a player with some talent and decent stats... And way younger...

If you've really watched Firmino enough you'd know he's not Firminho but Firmino.

No. I didn't think he was trolling either. Maybe exaggerating in 1-2 places, but nothing more. I share some of his reservations about this rumoured signing.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Kovacic » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm

You can call me a non Bayern fan or whatever you want but i'm not rly satisfied with this transfer ... Idk why but generaly not .
I dont think this guy is the Ribery we were looking for, he's a year older and less skilled than the Ribery we got when he was 24 .

But yes I am probably wrong cus i dont see our board wasting this much money on someone they are not expecting to win the big matches .
Kovacic
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby AllensRoten » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Machiavellico wrote:You judge a player by two moments of two different matches? You do know Guardiola doesn't ask for glimpses of excellence, but for 90 minutes of consistent devotion, right?

Oh no! I wasn't justifying his purchase. What I am saying though is that hints of skill like those in the video could possibly be an indication of bright talent. Just being a little more optimistic about this transfer, if indeed it happens. Personally don't want him but I'd eat my words if he does come and turns into the next Ribery.

IsiahRashad wrote:
AllensRoten wrote:Well he can do things like this...

and this...

So maybe its wouldn't be such a negative transfer, ya know?

You forgot THE MOST spectacular one ! :D

Oh man FUTURE NEYMAR :lol: jkjk
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dras_l » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:33 pm

if that transfer happen I would be very happy man ... that means Ribery is still considered as prime left winger ... 35 mil € sound like a lot for him, but I believe that board will finalize good contact .... maybe like bonus for CL 5 mil € :) ... and Costa would do fine for Bayern in most games, against Barcelona or Real hope Ribery will be fit
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby albanian7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Aaaaand our board members has gone out of their minds.

He has talent. He is fast. Fine. But is he an upgrade to our starting XI? NO!

Stupid, stupid deal.
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kingbayern » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 pm

albanian7 wrote:Aaaaand our board members has gone out of their minds.

He has talent. He is fast. Fine. But is he an upgrade to our starting XI? NO!

Stupid, stupid deal.

come on ik what your feeling but is there anyone better who is availably I think not ...yeah we are the type of team to build stars ...you never know
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby JJJ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm

dras_l wrote:Costa would do fine for Bayern in most games, against Barcelona or Real hope Ribery will be fit

We did fine in most games without Ribery, we don't need Costa for that. We need Angel di Maria against these Spanish clubs if Ribery isn't fit.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:04 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm actually wondering if #12 was just trolling, but I took the assumption he's not.

I wasn't... I DO know that I tend to have a hyperbolic writing style, still, I stand by my judgement...
I do, however, think some users here should consider their manners (or be advised by mods to do so)... Civilized people are able to bring something to the table of a discussion rather than simply insulting their opponent... Also, being a fan doesn't mean to celebrate every sh*t that's going on without questioning it - I don't like the clubs direction since Uli's departure and as a long-time club member I'm allowed to say it...
Or am I not a decent citizen, because I don't agree with every decision my politicians make? We've had a period in Germany where people didn't think for themselves... Thank god that time is over - for most of us...

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Just because they pay 35m he has to be worth it? What kind of logic is that?

Correct, that logic is a fail. But where did anyone say that?

Allow me:

zozon wrote:If the board decided to splash 35 for him, than SURELY its worth it!!!

This is not another Breno, Sosa, Karimi etc and people forget that!

Transfer sums above 30 are no joke, especially for Bayern. So if they decided if he is good enough for the money why all the whining?

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:This is a player that has never SEEN a real Defender - let alone his legs - in his life(yes, I know I'm exaggerating...)! He is almost 25 years old now and has never performed outstandingly - while playing in a league barely better than the one FCB II plays in...

The player has 8 international caps and has featured in 34 Champions League matches, including against Bayern. Do Bayern have any real defenders?

I did mention it - again: I tend to be hyperbolic sometimes... I tend to exaggerate... But the fact of the matter is this: How many goals did he score against Bayern? How many assists? Only thing he did was being sent off once and being lucky not to be sent off TWICE in the first game... ;)
I know, two matches are nothing to be judging ultimately... But I've seen more than two games... Not an above-average player, however, a WAY above-average price!

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:And I didn't really trust the board before... NOW, I'm starting to question their sanity...

Just... no comment.

Well, maybe "trust" is the wrong word... But how can you have no doubts in somebody, who seems to be the coaches *b*tch THIS MUCH?! And it's not like the coach is the most successful in club history...

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:This is supposd to be the player who helps us not to go out of a match in Camp Nou without a single f*cking attempt? Well, good look... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes.

Well - see above about his Bayern-statistics... ;)

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:I'd rather they had signed Firminho for 45... At least that's a player with some talent and decent stats... And way younger...

If you've really watched Firmino enough you'd know he's not Firminho but Firmino.

Well... I am German and watch the Bundesliga every weekend... Several times... So, with all due respect, I believe I have seen him more often than anybody on here... And friends of mine have been telling me for years, I still get his name wrong so many times... ;)
Also, I know that he's not really the kind of player we need - he's more like Götze, and we already have him... I was merely trying to say that money would've been better spent...

Dortmund got a way more talented player two years ago... For less money... Maybe we should ask them what they think of him now... ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:18 pm

#12 wrote:Allow me:

No no, you allow me, you hater!

Tell me just ONE Bayern transfer over 30 mil which is a flop. Even better, tell me ONE Bayern transfer which is a flop and it's over 20 million euros!
It's true that Bayern rarely spend those sums, but when they do it's NEVER a flop, do you get it?

Let me put it this way - Bayern is a unique club which spends big money for players that are worth the money! Bayern is not Chelsea, Barca, Real, City.... clubs that have big money flops. Do you now understand or am I gonna picture it to you?

Just open this link

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-bayer ... /verein/27

and above 15+ mil, name me just ONE flop, one!!!

So no, your quote "allow me" is just another of your ignorant horse-dump you are spreading on this thread.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm

zozon wrote:
#12 wrote:Allow me:

No no, you allow me, you hater!

Tell me just ONE Bayern transfer over 30 mil which is a flop. Even better, tell me ONE Bayern transfer which is a flop and it's over 20 million euros!
It's true that Bayern rarely spend those sums, but when they do it's NEVER a flop, do you get it?

Let me put it this way - Bayern is a unique club which spends big money for players that are worth the money! Bayern is not Chelsea, Barca, Real, City.... clubs that have big money flops. Do you now understand or am I gonna picture it to you?

Just open this link

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-bayer ... /verein/27

and above 15+ mil, name me just ONE flop, one!!!

So no, your quote "allow me" is just another of your ignorant horse-dump you are spreading on this thread.

risking throwing fuel on the fire, but Götze could end up being a flop. in any case, wrong thread for this particular discussion.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:25 pm

Yes, but Gotze 90% of the time is played on a position that doesnt suit him, just because Ribery cant get his shit straight.
Gotze playing on a #10 is another story.

Everyone can be a flop if they are played out of position.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:32 pm

zozon wrote:Yes, but Gotze 90% of the time is played on a position that doesnt suit him, just because Ribery cant get his shit straight.
Gotze playing on a #10 is another story.

Everyone can be a flop if they are played out of position.

I'm only playing the devil's advocate here, but what will people remember in 10 years? That Götze was played out of position, or that he couldn't perform on the field? Regardless, if Bayern do sign Costa, it's up to him to shape his legacy.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby kingbayern » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:34 pm

like I always say only time will tell
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:39 pm

I highly doubt we would pay 35m for him.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:47 pm

zozon wrote:Signing another winger would mean Gotze could
**** stop being forced to play as a winger!

That there, could be as important as ANY signing made.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News