You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dimitar Berbatov

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Dimitar Berbatov

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 am

We’ve seen Jansen out, and Oddo in at the Allianz Arena, could Bayer Munich be set for a shock move for Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov?

Reports in Germany claim that Bulgarian forward Dimitar Berbatov is high on the Bayern Munich wanted-list and a shock move for the Tottenham star could be on the cards.

There are also claims that the hunt for a defensive midfielder is not over with Zenit St.Petersburg’s Anatoli Tymoschuk a candidate for Bayern’s engine room.

The German Football League (DFL) extended the deadline for the closing of the transfer window until midnight on Monday, so that leaves Bayern with four days to bring in any more players.

Club manager Uli Hoeneß said yesterday: “It could be that we complete something in the next few days before the end of the transfer period.

“The transfer pot we have available has also changed and we’ll use it” he added.

Bayern have received a reported €9 million for full back Marcell Jansen from Hamburg. Massimo Oddo has arrived on a free loan deal from AC Milan

It was reported earlier in the summer that Bayern were prepared to offer €25 million for Mario Gomez, so a similar offer for Berbatov is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The Bulgarian joined Tottenham in 2006 for 16 million from Bayer Leverkusen and is under contract in North London until 2009.

Manchester United have recently seen a 30 million offer rebuffed by Spurs, but Juande Ramos’ side now have Roman Pavlyuchenko on their books after signing the 26 year old from Spartak Moscow.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 am

20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Ulli's statements sound good , makes me optimistic that we'll get a
world class player in the next couple of days , BUT I wouldnt want that
player to be Berba , we already have Toni , Klose ( who will hopefully recover
his old form that made him so strong) , and Poldi so we dont need
another attacker that would cost us 30 million , maybe more .
Dont get me wrong , I would love a 4th striker to join our team , cuz if one of the three attackers we got gets injured we dont have any substitutes ,
except Thomas Muller or Deniz Yilmaz from Gerland's team .
But the player shouldnt be a player like Berba , I mean imagine Toni , Poldi , Klose and Berba in our squad , that would mean that 2 of them
are gonna be sitting on the bench , which would automatically lead to
problems within the squad .
The 4th striker should be a player like Arsenal's Bendtner who we have been linked with a couple of weeks ago if Im not mistaken .
Last edited by MrLinky on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:40 pm

I want new players but not Berbatov we have enoguh strikers we need central midfielders i really hope the money goes there instead of 25mil on Berbatov
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:34 pm

shwas55 wrote:I want new players but not Berbatov we have enoguh strikers we need central midfielders i really hope the money goes there instead of 25mil on Berbatov

Yes agree with you but if we're really that interested Hoeness is gonna have to pay more than 25 million for him , since manU is interested too the
price would just go up and up for him .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby vxg7826 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:39 pm

As I understood, you think Berba is not needed at FC Bayern. I totally disagree though. He is a kind of player we really need to do something in champions league. If Bayern management are smart, they should automatically offer Klose to Tottenham, so that they get Berba plus some Cash. That would be ideal, because Berba+Toni would be a perfect forward duo. With regard to Podolski, I really think he should play in midfield along Ribery. The starting eleven for FCB:
Rensing
Oddo Lucio (C) Demichelis Lahm

Podolski Ze Roberto Van Bomm(Borowski) Ribery

Berbatov
Toni
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:50 pm

vxg7826 wrote:As I understood, you think Berba is not needed at FC Bayern. I totally disagree though. He is a kind of player we really need to do something in champions league. If Bayern management are smart, they should automatically offer Klose to Tottenham, so that they get Berba plus some Cash. That would be ideal, because Berba+Toni would be a perfect forward duo. With regard to Podolski, I really think he should play in midfield along Ribery. The starting eleven for FCB:
Rensing
Oddo Lucio (C) Demichelis Lahm

Podolski Ze Roberto Van Bomm(Borowski) Ribery

Berbatov
Toni

I didnt say he's not needed cuz he is a world class attacker and would
help us a lot since Klose is so out of form BUT in the current squad a proper
#6 is a lot more important then yet another striker .
4 strikers of that quality means that 2 of them would be sitting on the bench
which would just lead to problems within the squad cuz u cant just say to players like Klose or Berbatov today you are gonna be sitting on the bench and expect them not to complain about it .
And you gotta be kidding me with that formation .?!
You would really get into a champions league quarter final with that formation ?
We would get ripped , we would maybe score 3 goals but we would concede 6.
That formation might work for you on Playstation but in reality my friend
it wouldnt do us any good .

Edit : And he would probably cost us around 32 million which is - with all do
respect for Berba and his abilities - too much .!
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:51 pm

I totally agree with MrLinky. I thought that we would not have seen another incoming player since Hoeness and Klinsmann said there is not going to be any transfer activity. And now, Oddo came in on loan and Hoeness suggesting there could be one last signing! Well, I guess things change!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:27 am

well with the way we played the first few games of the season(inter match included), i think they saw that they have made a mistake by not signing new players and now they trying to fix ASAP
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:59 am

mackoy wrote:I totally agree with MrLinky. I thought that we would not have seen another incoming player since Hoeness and Klinsmann said there is not going to be any transfer activity. And now, Oddo came in on loan and Hoeness suggesting there could be one last signing! Well, I guess things change!

This is due to 2 factors. Bayern weren't thinking about selling Jansen, but Hamburg made an offer that Bayern accepted, so they got Oddo. The transfer of Jansen is thought to be between 7 and 9 million euros. Oddo did not require a loan fee. Apart from that, Schalke got eliminated which means that more CL TV revenue will end up in the Bayern coffers. That means that Bayern have suddenly become something like 10-12 million euros richer and that has opened up possibilities of returning to the transfer market.
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am

mackoy wrote:I totally agree with MrLinky. I thought that we would not have seen another incoming player since Hoeness and Klinsmann said there is not going to be any transfer activity. And now, Oddo came in on loan and Hoeness suggesting there could be one last signing! Well, I guess things change!

Which is a good thing , cuz we are missing the 'last pieces of the puzzle' if
we wanna be successful in the champions league too .
Personally Im hoping the new player will be Tymoschchuk :wink:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Re: Dimitar Berbatov

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Berbatov to Man Utd and surprisingly Robinho to Man City.
A pessimist thinks things can't be worse. An optimist knows they can.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Well, we didn't get any new-players, but personally I'm hoping that Bayern will get a world-class central midfielder or a playmaker once the Transfer Marker re-opens in winter.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:34 am

According to
http://www.manutdtalk.com/berbatov-link ... nich/1466/?
utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ManutdtalkBlog+(Man+Utd+Talk+Blog)

and this http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/7 ... BATOV.html

We are interested in Berbatov
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby slyk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:24 pm

This is a bit scary cause Van gaal talked about his admiration of him before the second CL leg with MU...... I noticed Bayern has been linked with a number of players lately; including carlton cole, i'm hoping these are just rumors though.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News