You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dimitar Berbatov

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Dimitar Berbatov

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Not a "bomb" imo, but someone who I would gladly bring to Munich, contrary to most of you
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby München Minded » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:20 pm

It depends on the team and the league, he wasn't a "Bomb" when he was in the bundesliga, which is why ManU was attracted to him. So coming back may not be a bad choice. He is hungry to prove himself again. Media is crap many times assuming one thing has to do with the other. Alot of players may struggle in another league and at ManU. They have been a crap team recently anyway.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 pm

München Minded wrote:It depends on the team and the league, he wasn't a "Bomb" when he was in the bundesliga, which is why ManU was attracted to him. So coming back may not be a bad choice. He is hungry to prove himself again. Media is crap many times assuming one thing has to do with the other. Alot of players may struggle in another league and at ManU. They have been a crap team recently anyway.

Actually he was bought by Tottenham Hotspur and he did so well that he was the only non-Manchester United player to be in the Premier League team of the season just before Man United bought him. So you can say he was a bomb at the time ManU bought him.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 pm

The problem with Berbaslav is that he's as much of a streaky striker as Gomez. Add to that his age and likely demand for a starting berth (why else would he leave United after all), and the cons outweigh the pros (he is a fine player... for now).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Berbatov is somewhere in between of Gomez and Dzeko...he has some technical skills but also can poach goals and set them up.
He is tall and has killer left and right foot and can score a header.

Yes he is 31 years old...but so is Olic....but Berbatov is 2x better striker than Olić and Petersen put together.

He is 4th choice at Man Utd...because Ferguson is playing 2 strikers [Rooney + Welbeck] and has Chicharito as sub for either of those roles.

Berbatov is out of favor because Ferguson changed tactics and does not need tall targetman anymore. 2 years ago Rooney was playing behind Berbatov. Something like Muller behind Gomez.

He would be ideal for us...he can be great backup and would actually get a lot of playing time...at least 3x more than at Man Utd where he does not play anymore.

He would come for free...we could afford his wages [in the same range as Olić]...it would be 1 player going and 1 player coming in. There is real value if you ask me. And he still has at least 2 years of top football in him.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 am

Berbatov is more technical than both Gomez and Dzeko. He is also slower than both Gomez and Dzeko. His positioning is solid but not at Gomez's level. As an aerial threat again hes solid but no Dzeko.

However what he beats both of them on is intelligence. He is a very calm and intelligent player and makes runs intelligently which is why a LOT of people think hes lazy. He really isn't lazy he is just constantly reading the game and setting up his runs. Think of it like a MMA fighter who wants to get a takedown and has to do some striking to set it up. Gomez and Dzeko make constant constant runs which is also a great thing but sooner or later it becomes predictable and easier for the defense to offside trap them.

Berbatov would be one of the best backup strikers we can get. I would be happy having Berbatov and Gomez as our two strikers.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby BayernIsDBest » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:36 pm

i dont think Berbatov can work with Gomez. So would want him as our bomb stricker.
Bayern got to fix up there attack
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby München Minded » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
München Minded wrote:It depends on the team and the league, he wasn't a "Bomb" when he was in the bundesliga, which is why ManU was attracted to him. So coming back may not be a bad choice. He is hungry to prove himself again. Media is crap many times assuming one thing has to do with the other. Alot of players may struggle in another league and at ManU. They have been a crap team recently anyway.

Actually he was bought by Tottenham Hotspur and he did so well that he was the only non-Manchester United player to be in the Premier League team of the season just before Man United bought him. So you can say he was a bomb at the time ManU bought him.

Yep, my bad. Goes to show how much I really pay attention to the English league. Regardless, Berbatov was a wanted man at one time until ManU ruined his career -- or should I say English football ruined it.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby BayernIsDBest » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

Berbatov will deffinetly leave this season. so any one can have a go and snap him up from man u
Bayern got to fix up there attack
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby armbrust » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 am

Well, hes better than Petersen and better and younger than Olic, and if its a free transfer way better.

Of curse i still want Dzeko over him, but Berba seems a smarter buy for the role.

What i really like about Berba, is that hes used to be a sub and doesnt makes much drama for that.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Somehow I think this is the 'bomb striker' we'll get. I prefer someone faster with dribbling skills, but well...
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

Looks like we know now that he is leaving but to where?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusi ... ier-league
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Dimitar Berbatov

Postby sketchy » Fri May 11, 2012 2:02 pm

He's also very adept at holding the ball up and getting other attackers involved. He'd be a good second option to Gomez and one that would link up with the CAM and the inverted wingers
sketchy
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Fri May 11, 2012 5:07 pm

I wouldn't mind him since he has already played in the BL, and I think we could make him a decent backup -- but If we are seriously after Giroud, then I wonder how far we would actually go on Berbatov -- especially with no recent rumor between Bayern and him.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby raz25 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Getting Berbatov for free would be a dream, but we weren't linked with this move, were we?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News