You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Diego [Diego Ribas da Cunha]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Diego [Diego Ribas da Cunha]

Postby shwas55 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm

If anyone knows please tell me............................................................

He is a match winner, great player, will add so much to the team, and he is playing in our local competition.

What happened to our board?????? Are they drunk, high, or just want to chase free out of contract players??????

I understand that he might wanna leave to Italy, but you gotta at least try.............. show us fans that we are still the best team in Germany, and we recruit the best players in Germany.

Diego, Marin, Trochowski, Özil.... any of these players could contribute hugely to our Midfield, so why arent we even interested in one of them??????????
Last edited by shwas55 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: What is the board not chasing Diego????

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:04 pm

I would rather choose Gourcuff not Diego!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:11 pm

I am asking this question to myself every day.C'mon hes scoring every game.Probably has scored more goals than Toni.With Tymo behind him he will do wonders.
shpati_L1
2012/13 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby shwas55 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:I would rather choose Gourcuff not Diego!

You cant be serious, Diego almost single handedly is driving Bremen to the Uefa cup trophy, he is still young, and he proved himself at a top club in a good league, at the moment Diego is one the best 5 players in the world, something cant be said about Gourcuff (not yet, anyway)
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby tigercup » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 pm

Diego cannot be bought by bayern as he always said that if some day he would walk out of werder it wont be anohter bundesliga Clubbb
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:19 pm

tigercup wrote:Diego cannot be bought by bayern as he always said that if some day he would walk out of werder it wont be anohter bundesliga Clubbb

Bayern is not another Bundesliga club.Bayern is the best club in the world. :D :D :D
shpati_L1
2012/13 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby tigercup » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:22 pm

would like to agree with you but were not :( maybe with a few transfers we might be :D
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:29 pm

tigercup wrote:Diego cannot be bought by bayern as he always said that if some day he would walk out of werder it wont be anohter bundesliga Clubbb

I understand that, but we could at least try, as i mentioned earlier its not just Diego, there are so many top class players in the Bundesliga that the board is not even remotely interested in, eventhough every single one of them could add to the midfield.

Just in the last few years, we let Hleb, and Rosicky (both played in the Bundesliga) slip through our fingers and go to a club like Arsenal. 10 years ago this would have never happend. We used to get the best players in the Bundesliga, but for some reason since we raided Leverkusen in 2002 and took half their midfield, that just stopped, Why???
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby shileno » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Because we already have Ribery already playing on his position. He's the one who can replace him if he leaves Bayern though :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby shwas55 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:48 am

shileno wrote:Because we already have Ribery already playing on his position. He's the one who can replace him if he leaves Bayern though :D

Not true, Diego plays as CAM behind the strikers, while ribery is LAM.
shwas55
I post all the time

Re: Why is the board not chasing Diego????

Postby Nikhil » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:19 am

i ask myself that question a lot too.
diego has to be in the consideration. and ozil, marin and troche as well. all of those players
are a lot better than schweinsteiger and sosa (still hasn't convinced me...a lot of potential though).
troche we should have never given away. that was the stupidest thing to do.
ozil and marin are two of the most exciting young players in the bundesliga and we can't let hsv, werder, etc
sign all the good young players.
and imagine diego combining with ribery. he has to be an option to make this team better.
i can't believe the decision making. now that there are many great exciting players in germany we don't go after them anymore.

ps: hope we aren't that stupid and get toni kroos back soon and let him play and become one of the best. if we let the same thing that was done with trochowski happen to kroos i will go crazy!
Nikhil
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:11 pm

Diego is a classic 10. That position is not used much nowadays, yet the Bundesliga is one of the last havens for the classic 10. I doubt Bayern is gonna change tactically to accommodate Diego. I think in a way Diego knows that he is probably in the best place right now, he already mentioned that Juventus would have to change tactically to accommodate him, which I doubt will happen even if they buy him. Diego can impress so much in Werder because they give him absolute freedom in the field and, yes, he shines, but the team as a whole suffers a terrible lack of consistency.

I'm afraid we might even loose Kroos because we wont be able to accommodate him as well as a classic 10, although I think Kroos could play in a more withdrawn central position. Anyways, Bayern's 4-4-2 with two CDM is the worst tactical system for a classic 10 because obviously he would not be able to play CDM effectively but it also would not be the same playing as an attacking LM or RM.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:28 pm

I'd have to agree with walter's post, espacially with the first part of it. Ribery and Diego in OM (with 2 CDM's behind them) would look good on paper, but I don't think it would actually work out tactically on the pitch.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby cruz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:50 pm

just imagine diego playing in front of tymoschuk and beside of ribery.. everybody's wondering why not to try to realise this, me too, of course! :(
i read a couple of times that werder set a price tag of €30m for diego.. > but hoeness is just sooo scared of this financial crisis, that he won't even be dreaming to pay that amount of money for a player, but, c'mon...guys, please, fcb with financial problems?????? naa [-X bayern are filthy when u consider their finance, and to me it's just embarrasing when they sign this free-out-of-contract players... unbelievable!!
i just hope they will pay this money for desperately needed quality (like every big club does in europe!), and finally start acting like a really big and historically successful club!! :!:
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:34 pm

cruz wrote:just imagine diego playing in front of tymoschuk and beside of ribery..

Now that you say it, that could be very good, but we definitely would need a top class RM. I like Lennon a lot or even Walcott but that's not gonna happen :(
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News