You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Didier Drogba [Didier Yves Drogba Tébily]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Didier Drogba [Didier Yves Drogba Tébily]

Postby SNAKE » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:30 pm

Drogba's Agent Confirms Interest From Europe's Elite

According to Didier Drogba’s agent, there has been plenty of recent interest regarding his services from some of the top clubs in Europe.
Confirming what we thought all along, Etienne Mendy, Drogba’s representative has stated that the talents of the Ivorian international have attracted interest from the continent.

Drogba is thought to be the player most affected by the departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea last month. The striker was particularly close to the manager, having been brought into the club in 2004 by the Special One.

The departure of Mourinho has sent tremors around the footballing world, with star names such as Frank Lampard and Michael Ballack rumoured to be out of Stamford Bridge in January.

Drogba’s name has also been mentioned, not helped perhaps by his comments in the summer, the 29-year-old stating that he would like to play for another club before the end of his career.

With his mentor now gone, Drogba could see this as the perfect time to call it a day in England, with plenty of clubs lining up to capture the talisman.

Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and AC Milan are all said to have expressed an interest in the goal machine, and today his agent confirmed that there has been contact with clubs regarding Drogba’s future. However Mendy also stated that for now, Drogba would focus on commitments with Chelsea.

"Drogba is a player who is very desirable and I have received calls from some European clubs about the situation," Etienne Mendy told the Daily Mirror.

"The key question now is for Didi to work for Chelsea after the blow.

"But he and the team must score many goals to recuperate their confidence."

Of course clubs expressing their interest is not a new concept and does not necessarily imply that Drogba would be out in January. Or does it?

I hope this is a false rumor, FC Bayern dont need him.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Didier Drogba

Postby juventino » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 am

SNAKE wrote:Drogba's Agent Confirms Interest From Europe's Elite

I hope this is a false rumor, FC Bayern dont need him.

SNAKE

sure its false :lol:
juventino
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:23 am

It's not all that farfetched to imagine Drogba coming in and Podolski leaving, IMO.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SNAKE » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:05 pm

I hope that never happens Mutu. We dont need him plus he doesnt have a place in the starting XI.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:58 pm

I am a big no for Drogba...We have good striking options..We just have to buy an upcoming and young striker who has potential to make it big in 3 years time...Drogba is old and he will only create problems in selection..So, it's better not to go for him..

Maybe someone from the Africas..Right now, we do not have any African player in our squad..We will improve our fan base if we manage to unearth an African diamond..;)..I just hope we do..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:01 pm

I agree about signing some young talent from Africa and Drogba is just overrated.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:58 pm

I think Drogba would be great, he scores lots of goals all over the place. I hate Chelsea but I like watching Drog tear defenses apart when he's in good form. It is true that he'd be borderline unnecessary, provided our current strikers stay fit, though. If Poldi leaves he'd be a great replacement, but I agree that getting someone younger is probably wiser. (If he even leaves, which I don't think he'd do if it's up to him.)
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:47 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I think Drogba would be great, he scores lots of goals all over the place. I hate Chelsea but I like watching Drog tear defenses apart when he's in good form. It is true that he'd be borderline unnecessary, provided our current strikers stay fit, though. If Poldi leaves he'd be a great replacement, but I agree that getting someone younger is probably wiser. (If he even leaves, which I don't think he'd do if it's up to him.)

I agree with you 100%. I love watching Drogba because he's a very interesting player to watch. I don't think he will leave Chelsea even though Mourinho is gone, but if he did then I can see him going to a team in Spain or Italy.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby SNAKE » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:05 am

Who needs him anyway? Bayern already have 2 regular strikers, isnt that why Pizarro and Makaay left? Besides he is a bit overrated. If Essien was linked with Bayern in my opinion we shouldnt waste a second and sign him.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby juventino » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:28 am

SNAKE wrote:Who needs him anyway? Bayern already have 2 regular strikers, isnt that why Pizarro and Makaay left? Besides he is a bit overrated. If Essien was linked with Bayern in my opinion we shouldnt waste a second and sign him.

SNAKE

i dont think also that drgoba will accept to play with bayern :lol:
juventino
Getting the hang of it

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:55 pm

Drgoba will cause us a lot of troubles if we signed him!! we already have a great two strikers (Klose - Toni) and I don`t think that Drgoba will be happy to stay on the bench, I don`t want to see Klose or Toni on the bench as well!! so, there`s no place for him in our squad. otherwise, we already have a good sutitutions (Podolski - Shlaudroff) :!:

juventino wrote:
SNAKE wrote:Who needs him anyway? Bayern already have 2 regular strikers, isnt that why Pizarro and Makaay left? Besides he is a bit overrated. If Essien was linked with Bayern in my opinion we shouldnt waste a second and sign him.

SNAKE

i dont think also that drgoba will accept to play with bayern :lol:

If he was stupid!!
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:24 pm

First of all, I don't think anyone is saying that is he coming. What a few of us are saying is that we like his style of play but that does not mean we want him here. Secondly, Drogba has stated that he is intended to leave Chelsea since Mourinho is no longer there. He has stated that he would prefer Barca, Real, AC, or Inter as his choice destinations. However, he could be persuaded to return to Marseille.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Drogba's high praise for Bayern

Postby charger256 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:31 am

Barely a week after causing a storm by revealing he wanted to leave Chelsea, Didier Drogba has admitted his admiration for Bayern Munich.

The Ivorian has a clutch of teams in France, Italy and Spain on his tail after he stated he wanted to leave Chelsea following Jose Mourinho’s departure.

Drogba backtracked slightly at the weekend when insisting he would keep his focus until the end of the season, but he has since hinted Bayern would be an ideal club to play for.

“A club like Bayern Munich is historic,” Drogba is quoted as saying in The Sun.

“The representatives are former Bayern stars and that’s the right way to play the first fiddle on an international level.

“I have to admit that I envy players like Franck Ribery or Luca Toni because they are under contract in Munich.

“As a player, it’s your duty to continue the tradition of such a club — but the most important thing is to have fun.

“In Germany they play very offensively, there are a lot of goals, the stadiums are modern and full.

“That counts for me. When I entered the Allianz Arena in Munich during the World Cup, I was flattened by the atmosphere.”

Drogba will be able to receive inside knowledge from Michael Ballack, a player the Ivorian claims would have been better served by joining Arsenal or Manchester United rather than Chelsea.

He added: “It’s hard for Ballack at Chelsea because this club is special.

“I’m convinced he would have had a much easier time at Manchester United or Arsenal because they benefit from their well-balanced team — he would have been a better fit there.

“At Chelsea, we depend on our individuals. So, maybe Chelsea is not the right club for Ballack.”
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Is this a come-and-buy-me plea from Drogba? I think he'd be an excellent signing, but I'd rather we get another quality central midfielder instead. Ze Roberto's not getting any younger, and Van Bommel is in my opinion the weakest link in the ideal starting XI.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shydo1 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:15 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=458207

Drogba Admits Admiration For Bayern
Chelsea striker, Didier Drogba, furthers speculation about his departure from Stamford Bridge, after speaking openly of his admiration for Bayern Munich.

Many Chelsea fans would hope that their Ivorian striker would remain tight-lipped and see out the remainder of the season with his club, after admitting in the French media that he wanted to leave the club.
Instead he has continued to distance himself from any future plans associated with Chelsea. This could ear-mark him for abuse from the home fans, but Drogba is only focused on the hypnotic light from the Allianz Arena.

“A club like Bayern Munich is historic,” he told The Sun newspaper.

“The representatives are former Bayern stars and that’s the right way to play the first fiddle on an international level.

I have to admit that I envy players like Franck Ribery or Luca Toni because they are under contract in Munich.

“As a player, it’s your duty to continue the tradition of such a club — but the most important thing is to have fun.
“In Germany they play very offensively, there are a lot of goals, the stadiums are modern and full.

“That counts for me. When I entered the Allianz Arena in Munich during the World Cup, I was flattened by the atmosphere.”

Drogba has become unsettled since the departure of Jose Mourinho and is likely to demand a high-price from Europe’s top clubs, if he does decide to leave.

he wants to come to bayern, that's good but there's 2 points of view :
1) he would be a good sub. when klose is injuried or toni beside he gave us more powerfull striking force & most plan the fear inside our opponments.
2) the prob. that he would be sub . i don't think so.
but at the end we didn't hear any comments from the officials yet.
shydo1
Woah, this feels cool!

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News