You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Would you like Pep Guardiola to leave?

Yes, but unfortunately I think Bayern will renew his contract.
15%
Yes, and thankfully I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
24%
I'm not sure, but I still think Bayern will renew his contract.
9%
I'm not sure, but I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%
No, and thankfully I think Bayern will renew his contract.
41%
No, but unfortunately I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%

Total votes : 149

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby tflags » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:28 pm

By bad. Hmmm, though I did check the official formations to make sure I remember it correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Well when have you ever seen Özil play on the right for Germany?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm

quaazi wrote:Well when have you ever seen Özil play on the right for Germany?

The same number of times he has actually played a second half for Madrid. :P . Not that many I guess.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 am

I feel like worried since idk which direction the club will be going in terms of transfers and formation because Jupp isnt the long term option, hopefully this can be addressed before the end of the season so Bayern can have all of season to prepare for a new regime :P :P

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern/bayern-muenchen-sammer-heynckes-nachfolger-suchebeteiligt-meta-2489725.html
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:31 am

We will defintely agree on a coach a couple of months before the season ends.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 am

BTW, didn't Effenberg ever consider going into coaching?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am

quaazi wrote:BTW, didn't Effenberg ever consider going into coaching?

He did get the same coaching license as Scholl in March and has already hinted he would like a stint at Bayern, though you would have to look up the exact quote.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:09 am

Huh, that flew straight over my head.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Well I asked my personal crystal ball for the lottery forecast but it wouldn't work. Therefore let's try forecasting the chances for our new (old?) coach in 2013.

1. Jupp Heynckes ~15%: Many people don't want to hear about it but there is a slight but nevertheless existing chance that Heynckes will continue his work at Säbener Straße for another year. This could be especially the case if none of the other candidates is so convincing that the stalemate inside our new triumvirate of Hoeneß, Rummenigge and Sammer will be broken. He'd definitely be the safe but also least ballsy choice.I personally however think that the possibility of Heynckes staying is a simple but effective diversionary tactic of our management. Put in place in order to take away the pressure of presenting a new candidate as early as possible. He's the red herring that states "look there's no need to hurry, may be we'll just take 'Don Jupp' for another year".

2. Mirko Slomka ~35%: Voices inside Bayern's inner circle as well as a few interviews with Uli Hoeneß state that our chairman of the board is a huge fan of Hannover's coach and his personal favorite for the succession as coach of Bayern München. We know how much influence Uli still possesses inside the club. Slomka sure has proven to be capable of coaching different clubs successfully with Schalkes' CL campaigns as well as Hannovers uprising into the top regions of the Bundesliga. Not to mention their exciting recent Europa League campaign. On top of that he has a very good way of dealing with the media, especially in times of crisis, perhaps only Jürgen Klopp is on par with him in that department.

In contrast to this gentlemen like behavior in front of the camera stands Slomka's other, darker side resulting in harsh arguments with his former manager at Schalke04 (Müller) and his current sporting director (Schmadtke) at Hannover96. Can he deal with the enormous sporting expertise of people like Sammer, Hoeneß, Rummenigge and Beckenbauer who all got their own opinions on how FC Bayern should be run best and most importantly can he deal with all the big stars and even bigger ego's of our top class players? He had his difficulties with strong characters in the past.

I personally think that he's the most likely candidate as of today. Should he convince our management that he is indeed capable of managing this many opinions and interests within the club then he is a very good candidate.

3. Lucien Favre ~20%: On the other side of Uli Hoeneß #1 for the succession as coach of Bayern München stands Karl-Heinz Rummenigge who repeatedly stated his admiration for the Swiss Lucien Favre who not only lead a mediocre Hertha BSC side to a sensational 4th place in his first Bundesliga campaign but he even repeated this success in an equally stunning manner with Borussa Mönchengladbach's 4th place last season. On a tactical level Favre may be even more advanced than it is the case with Mirko Slomka. It was really marvelous offensive football at both Gladbach and Berlin. Moreover at Bayern München he wouldn't have to fear losing his best players on a regular basis which destroyed the pillars of his work at Berlin and was the main reason for his failure during the second season.
Obviously there is a huge question mark whether the Swiss coach can actually lead a possession oriented team of world class players to international merits. He only coached underdogs as of yet with pretty similar footballing tactics that aren't very applicable at Bayern München. It should be mentioned however that Favre seems to be a very hard and accurate worker which could be seen in Mönchengladbach's case. Not only did he rescue them from relegation but more importantly did he find an excellent tactical approach in a short period of time. Potentially essential for a new coach at Säbener Straße who is always in the eye of a media storm if anything remotely connected to him goes wrong.

Borussia Mönchengladbach's performance in the ongoing season will be decisive for Favre's chances as coach of Bayern München. Should he prevail then I'm certain that Rummenigge will be a strong advocate in the matter. Not a bad choice but I wonder how he'll handle the star players, possible situations of crisis as well as the possession oriented stile.

4. Pep Guardiola ~15%: Then there's obviously this big name circling around the newspapers. The coach who won everything with FC Barcelona and seeks a new challenge in 2013. The year when Don Jupp is supposed to retire at FC Bayern. The club most famous for "almost winning" the Champions League in recent years. A club with an accumulation of enormous talent, even 40m € Spaniard and the second best youth system in Europe. At first glance it looks like the perfect fit, a story that couldn't have been written better in a fiction novel.

The reality looks a little bit more dire. As always. There seems to be a lot of resistance in the managing department of our club regarding Guardiola. First is the language barrier which is in general a no-go at Bayern (Trappatoni being the first excpection ever made in that department) and second the fact that Hoeneß doesn't like the idea of signing a star coach not to mention 15 assistent coaches and other personnel. in a package together with Guardiola. I remember Hoeneß moaning about Luis van Gaal's smaller team that accompanied the Dutchman to Säbener Straße as well as overbearing reverence towards a coach. Moreover it has been speculated about the possibility that not Nerlinger made the contact to Guardiola during the EC (when he was in reality no longer in power) but the Spaniard himself supposedly contacted Bayern during the summer break. Nothing official is known about that matter but that's the word going around in Munich.

The only sparks of hope are Matthias Sammer and surprisingly Jupp Heynckes himself. As the man in charge of the sporting matters Sammer obviously has a major say in that decision and it was also stated that Heynckes will take part in the search for his successor. Both Sammer (as Sky expert) as well as Heynckes have stated their admiration for Guardiola's work at Barcelona and it will be them who'll have to push for the persuasion of a Guardiola signing as coach of FC Bayern. From a massive failure to the solution we have been desperately waiting for, I don't know which one Guardiola would be. It'd be very interesting to observe that's for sure.

5. Mr. X ~15%: For certain Bayern München is scouting coaches all over Europe. Maybe make an immoral offer for Jürgen Klopp next summer, maybe Arsene Wenger who is fluent in German will be available, maybe there'll be a more ballsy solution (Scholl?) or to make the chaos complete take Luis van Gaal back. Not to forget that anything is possible with the special one.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:14 pm

The first three options I have no love for and the fourth seems rather unlikely, as you said.

We're in a bit of a pickle.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm

"A bit" is a HUGE understatement.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Commodore » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:58 pm

quaazi wrote:BTW, didn't Effenberg ever consider going into coaching?

I'm not religious at all, but...

PLEASE GOD, SPARE US EFFENBERG AS HEYNCKES SUCCESSOR!!!
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Come on, you know it'd be hilarious! I'd sure love seeing Klopp's head being pounded against the bench over and over again.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Dude was a great footballer, no doubt about that. But saying he has a brain the size of a pea is insulting every pea in the world.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Not sure about Wenger. IIRC he criticized Rummenigge and Bayern Munich.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News