You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Would you like Carlo Ancelotti to be replaced?

Yes, fire him today!
38%
Fire him if we lose against PSG!
13%
Let's replace him during the winter break
38%
He might just turn the season around, give him a chance
No votes
He should remain until the end of the season
13%
He should see out the rest of his contract
No votes
Let's extend him already!
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:52 pm

MoFattal wrote:But we will be risking our long-term plans and some player developments if he extends. He was hired as a transitional coach and not one who has a strong say in our future strategies. Maybe that's why we got Sammer after all, to press the "stop" buzzer every now and then when he senses irregularities in our plans.

That's why we have a "Sporting Director", so that they can be the long term foresight and team direction. I think Jupp and Sammer could work well.

I think with Sammer's appointment, we can conclude that Guardiola will not be coming to us anytime soon.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Yep that's what I said regarding Sammer. But in any case, JH is the one who chooses players and selects the formations, and this might indirectly affect our future plans by affecting our young players (e.g. Muller not playing, Kroos in the wrong position, Boateng still not knwoing what his main role is, etc.). Having him for a third year is more of a liability than an asset if you ask me, and that's even if we come out winning a treble this year. A good coach should know when to step down and give way for the better, and I think this is exactly what Jupp will do, uncless KHR comes up with the crazy idea of extending his contract mid-season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:59 pm

But in the end of the day Jupp controls line ups and who plays and does like Kroos and Muller.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:00 pm

MoFattal wrote:Yep that's what I said regarding Sammer. But in any case, JH is the one who chooses players and selects the formations, and this might indirectly affect our future plans by affecting our young players (e.g. Muller not playing, Kroos in the wrong position, Boateng still not knwoing what his main role is, etc.). Having him for a third year is more of a liability than an asset if you ask me, and that's even if we come out winning a treble this year. A good coach should know when to step down and give way for the better, and I think this is exactly what Jupp will do, uncless KHR comes up with the crazy idea of extending his contract mid-season.

Damn u read my mind.....:P

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:36 pm

MoFattal wrote:Yep that's what I said regarding Sammer. But in any case, JH is the one who chooses players and selects the formations, and this might indirectly affect our future plans by affecting our young players (e.g. Muller not playing, Kroos in the wrong position, Boateng still not knwoing what his main role is, etc.). Having him for a third year is more of a liability than an asset if you ask me, and that's even if we come out winning a treble this year. A good coach should know when to step down and give way for the better, and I think this is exactly what Jupp will do, uncless KHR comes up with the crazy idea of extending his contract mid-season.

Yeah, I suppose... I think we need a Klopp version for us, someone with a lot of talent, enthusiasm and longevity, something that we've been lacking for many years. Even Klinsmann wasn't like that, he was always a short term option.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 pm

One thing is sure: It's about time we find a coach who can stay here for at least 3 years (and be successful)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 am

Jupp, listen, if you don't win against Dortmund I want your head... literally! :twisted:
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby somedude » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:48 am

you really want to behead somebody over a football match?
somedude
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:25 am

Lancashire wrote:I also imagine there is more respect from the board towards Jupp than there was towards Van Gaal after everything he has done for the club.

Well, considering that Hoeness called van Gaal a "human catastrophe", I think this is a given.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 am

Oh, btw, Favre just got sacked on my FM12 game after he led Bayern to a fifth placed finish in 2017, I was offered the job but I declined to stay with my Guiseley team (which I have taken to the premier League from the 6th division).
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 pm

I want a long term coach, no Jupp anymore unless we win the UCL....:P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I want a long term coach, no Jupp anymore unless we win the UCL....:P

After LvG, Jupp has steadied the boat and I think he was a great success for us when you look back over last season objectively. I believe we'll have another good season this time round with Jupp. But his age is the main factor why the board towards the end of the season will be trying to find a successor.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby München Minded » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:21 pm

We definitely need someone who can guide us to a CL victory. Jupp has done a tremendous job, and possibly can get us there next season depending on how he can control the players and their attitude and motivate them in the right way. Last season the big motivator was having the final in the Allianz -- now we have to refocus. Jupp is great for the things I mentioned -- I just hope he has the passion for things one more season. Maybe the players want to win one for him on his last season.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby appudds » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:47 am

Jupp carried the Neverkusen curse to us
If he repeats it again, its bye bye Mr.Heynckes.
Sammer doesnt want to coach again.
The Pep rumours dont sound realistic.
I am not a fan of Lucian Favre coaching us nor Mirko Slomka. We want Champions League winning coach.
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:52 am

appudds wrote:Jupp carried the Neverkusen curse to us
If he repeats it again, its bye bye Mr.Heynckes.
Sammer doesnt want to coach again.
The Pep rumours dont sound realistic.
I am not a fan of Lucian Favre coaching us nor Mirko Slomka. We want Champions League winning coach.

We'll need to wait and see towards the end of the season who's available or willing to move.

Would we go for someone with knowledge of the German game, or would we try to break the bank and get someone from abroad in? I don't see Guardiola as being realistic either.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News