You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Would you like Pep Guardiola to leave?

Yes, but unfortunately I think Bayern will renew his contract.
15%
Yes, and thankfully I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
24%
I'm not sure, but I still think Bayern will renew his contract.
9%
I'm not sure, but I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%
No, and thankfully I think Bayern will renew his contract.
41%
No, but unfortunately I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%

Total votes : 149

Postby BayernLove » Sat May 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Min wrote:In my opinion extending contract with Heynckes beyond 2013 would be huge mistake. That would be proof one more time that our management is sluggish and not ready for changes. I hope Heynckes will retire after 2013 himself. This year going to be his crown in his trainers career in case we CL. My ideal coach would be three names: 1-Guardiola; 2-Mourinho; 3-Loew.
Guardiola would be the best choice because of his tactical approach, his tactile and gentle personality, his ability to work equally with youth branch of the team plus ability to incorporate superstars. If he would be willing to learn German within a year, he would be very good choice for Bayern.
Mourinho may be the better coach for Bayern in terms of tactical understanding but I suppose tug-of-war between him and Hoeness and Rummenige would start very soon. Egocentric Hoeness would never ever give all power to one coach. Van Gaal tried to concentrate power in his hands but in never went through. Plus Mourinho is very egoistic coach himself, he does not have strong identity with one club. After one year he may say: I am going back to Chelsea/Inter/Real.
Loew would be great choice but I doubt whether he is going to leave Bundesmanschaft before WC-2014. Plus he never worked with serious top clubs.

So all the way I am for Pep Guardiola. I understand that it is pure fantasy, but it is nice to phantasize sometimes.

I don't want a long discussion but:
All the people you have listed are elimination-competition based managers (more likely to win a cup than a league) IMHO, no different or an upgrade/change from Heynckes. Guardiola's biggest proof: he got to the SF of the CL 5 times in a row, nothing too much else in that time really. Mou is another can of worms I'd rather not open up right now. Jögi is also a "cup" manager,

"You a stupid hoe" Nicki Minage
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm

The closest he ever got to a season was the group stage.
Now, don't get me wrong, all of these are great managers, better than Heynckes IMO, but we need the Bundesliga more than anything right now and these managers might not make the cut should we want to win it. Also, a huge chunk of the reason of RM's failure to cope with Barca at times? The manager changes too much. Should we become RM? Throwing money at things, players, and even managers we don't need? I mean,why? JH should be replaced despite being a good manager after 2013,"who?" remains the real question.

"You a stupid hoe" Nicki Minage
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby the12th » Sun May 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Pep Guardiola is hugely overrated, he got a great team from rjaikaard. Dutch planted the seeds and Josep, just collected the ripe fruits...Xavi and Puyol had lot more to do with Barcas success than Pep.. I'd rather see unexperienced coach rather then pep or even mou. They are not even remotely Suited for us. I'd say Markus Babel, or Ralf Rangnick (if he feels ok). Breitner seems able too... and it would be great if kahn takes a bigger part in bayern. And Effe as a youth team coach :D I'm just dreaming,,,
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby uzi716 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Pep is a tactical genius. We would be lucky to have a manager like him.

I hope he took the year off to concentrate on his German lessons. :lol:
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAGHU » Mon May 14, 2012 5:14 am

uzi716 wrote:Pep is a tactical genius. We would be lucky to have a manager like him.

he is dynamic and creative coach, if things doesnt go in his way he is not hesitant to try new things. He can squeeze the best out of every player and maintains player's ego well.
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby the12th » Mon May 14, 2012 9:00 am

what are you basing these phrases upon?

he is dynamic and creative coach, if things doesnt go in his way he is not hesitant to try new things. He can squeeze the best out of every player and maintains player's ego well.

Pep is a tactical genius.

I've never seen barca change tactics, what i've seen is that if Xavi is not in form barca has no width, and if puyol is not playing, their defense is dumb. he bought alexis sanchez for 40 mill, and fabregas for almost the same price, you say he finds good talents, everybody knew that sanches was talanted, everybody new david villa was good and fabregas too. who are some of young barca stars? Telio? or Alcantara? PEP IS OVERRATED!!!
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RAGHU » Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 am

the12th wrote:
I've never seen barca change tactics, what i've seen is that if Xavi is not in form barca has no width, and if puyol is not playing, their defense is dumb. he bought alexis sanchez for 40 mill, and fabregas for almost the same price, you say he finds good talents, everybody knew that sanches was talanted, everybody new david villa was good and fabregas too. who are some of young barca stars? Telio? or Alcantara? PEP IS OVERRATED!!!

i meant that for mou, for a moment i got confused pep for mou.. :oops:
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Pep's heart is in Barcelona -- he was a player there and he knows the club inside and out, and what made Barca great was that he had heart for the team and club. Just like with ex-Bayern German players who serve Bayern, they do a better job, like an ex-Barca Spaniard at a spanish club. His heart won't be in it at Bayern, and it would be a job, and yes of course money and being named a coach at a top club like Bayern he would do his best, but it won't be the same. I would rather not see pep at Bayern.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Mon May 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Guardiola is not a tactical genius, but what he has is a vision. Which happens to be something that we are totally lacking right now, coincidentally.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 20, 2012 10:31 pm

So a lot of talk about Heynckes right now... do you guys think he should stay or leave? And what do you think the board will do? (So your opinion, and what you think will happen).

My opinion: I'm not sure. I think we need some changes in the tactical department but I also think we can see these changes without changing the coach. If we were to change coach, I'm not sure who we would get. Unless Loew is available after Euro 2012, then I think our best bet would be a young, ex-player whose heart belongs with Bayern. It's a big risk but we have nothing to lose. Hopefully it will be someone from the 1999-2001 era because these people are the ones who can change everything mentally.

I'm kinda dreaming of having Effenberg as main coach with Kahn as his assistant, and having them work together a lot, like Guardiola used to do. :mrgreen:

What I think will happen: I have almost no doubt in my mind that Heynckes will still be our coach next season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Slemba » Sun May 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Didn't our Board stated that Heynckes is our coach for the next season regardless of the result of the UCL final ?!
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:12 am

Slemba wrote:Didn't our Board stated that Heynckes is our coach for the next season regardless of the result of the UCL final ?!

I believe they did, but I think he'll be away at some point next season, whether that is at the end of a successful year, or the middle of a poor one, I don't know.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Slemba wrote:Didn't our Board stated that Heynckes is our coach for the next season regardless of the result of the UCL final ?!

They did but they always say that the coach has their backing even when they don't. It's always like that before they fire someone.

I think they really will keep him this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't, knowing Bayern. I am sure that they will at least sit down and talk about it, and maybe discuss some changes with Heynckes. Like I said, we don't really need a change in coach because he is a good man and proven, we just need a few slight changes in our approach and maybe Heynckes can do that.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLeb » Mon May 21, 2012 8:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

They did but they always say that the coach has their backing even when they don't. It's always like that before they fire someone.

I think they really will keep him this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't, knowing Bayern. I am sure that they will at least sit down and talk about it, and maybe discuss some changes with Heynckes. Like I said, we don't really need a change in coach because he is a good man and proven, we just need a few slight changes in our approach and maybe Heynckes can do that.

True.
For me like the Bayer Leverkusen game, our attackers disappointed our coach in the CL final.

I would love to see a couch stay for at least 4 years I think its better for Bayern to develop than changing a coach every year or two.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:19 pm

BayernLeb wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

True.
For me like the Bayer Leverkusen game, our attackers disappointed our coach in the CL final.

I would love to see a couch stay for at least 4 years I think its better for Bayern to develop than changing a coach every year or two.

I dont want Bayern to turn in to Chelsea and Inter and Real who change coaches every other year it gets annoying and too frustrating ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News