You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who do you want as the next Bayern coach?

Nagelsmann
33%
Favre
9%
Kovač
16%
Streich
No votes
Weinzierl
No votes
Stöger
No votes
Pochettino
14%
Allegri
2%
Simeone
7%
Conte
2%
Fonseca
5%
Jardim
No votes
Schmidt
No votes
Luis Enrique
2%
Dave Müller (Thomas' horse)
9%

Total votes : 43

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:48 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:or openly make him realize he has leverage for higher demands, be it salary, players, staff, God knows.

Didn't understand this part. Why do you get leverage when you realize you're second choice and your appointment hangs on whether a 72 year old would like to keep on coaching or not?

Because if the first choice (Jupp) chooses to retire, then suddenly the second choice (whoever that may be) holds all the cards. You now know that FCB *needs* a coach, failed to secure their first option, and you've got more leverage to demand what you want from the club.

I still don't get it.

Let's hypothetically assume that Plan B is Tuchel and plan C is Nagelsmann.

You guys are saying that just because Heynckes was plan A, suddenly Tuchel can demand whatever he wants.... but isn't there still a plan C behind him? Plan B to me doesn't sound like he's the last desperate choice other than forcing Thomas Mueller into a player-coach (actually, that doesn't sound half-bad). How does having a choice before you give you leverage power? Personally I feel it's quite the contrary to me since the plan X (whoever is ultimately chosen) would need to prove that he deserved to be plan A all along and need to strive harder not make his job more difficult.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't think it's as simple as us saying "okay, Jupp doesn't want it, on to Tuchel....Oh, Tuchel doesn't want the job now? Well, on to Nagelsmann, I guess".
It is similar to when we saw Brazzo appointed. He was like 4th or 5th choice or so. In his case, it didn't give him much leverage, but rather we got stuck with a SD who months into his tenure we're still not really sure what he does and the prevailing opinion is that he's just Uli's right hand man.
I think we'll see similar in a coaching search. Either we get our first choice (Heynckes) or we move on to our second choice. Once you get much further past that you start looking desperate. Does any club (especially one of Bayern's stature) want to end up with their 3rd, 4th choice coach? Even if we were okay with that - I think that just forces said leverage down the line. How many realistic candidates are there? Four, five? Heynckes says no? Gives more power to Tuchel. Tuchel says no? Now Nagelsmann knows two people have turned down the job and he must then know we surely don't have that many other options. He now knows if it's not him then we're stuck with our fourth or fifth choice coach. He can ask for more money, certain players, etc - and if we say no, he will still certainly have offers elsewhere. And so on and so on. Nagelsmann says no? Now we're on 4th choice. Really, if we're on our 4th choice coach - he's going to know at this point we're desperate for a hire. So it goes. Broadcasting a presumed lack of options is never, EVER a good negotiating tactic.

it's like....a few years ago I got in a car accident and my car was totaled. My younger brother happened to be in town over summer break from university so I could borrow his car (accident was in May) but he had to return to uni in August, so I needed a new car by August.
Of course I didn't walk into the car dealership and say "I have to have a car within the next three months and I like this one, now give me a favorable deal". Because of course if I tell them this they understand my back is against the wall and can ask for more money out of me than if I'd told them I'm perfectly willing to walk and move on to the next dealership if they don't meet my terms. Similarly, if I turn down that offer and now it's July and I'm still without a car - I have less and less leverage as time passes.
The idea that coming out and saying "we don't have a plan b" does anything to strengthen our position is a very poor school of thought in regards to negotiating.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:53 pm

OK, now I understand your point of view.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:49 pm

1. Jupp is 73 and apprently needs to spend his time with family
2. Tuchel is hated by one of the core player - Hummels
3. Nagelsmann is too young
4. Low? he said if he leaves the NT after the world cup he would have no time to prepare for Bayern's new season
5. Any non-Germanic choice? would you really want it after the betrayal of Guardiola and the hateful Ancelotti?

So, the choices are scarce, it's the bitter fact we are facing.

IMO I prefer the following: (given Jupp won;t stay)
1. Tuchel. Take it, Hummels. You can talk to him later.
2. Anyone in our academy to caretake the team
3. Last of last: if Hoeness is really not satisfied with all the candidates, then what about standing next to the pitch yourself?
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:54 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:1. Jupp is 73 and apprently needs to spend his time with family
4. Low? he said if he leaves the NT after the world cup he would have no time to prepare for Bayern's new season
5. Any non-Germanic choice? would you really want it after the betrayal of Guardiola and the hateful Ancelotti?

3. Last of last: if Hoeness is really not satisfied with all the candidates, then what about standing next to the pitch yourself?

They could try with Hitzfeld. He is 4 years younger than Heynckes, (Jupp from 1945 while Ottmar from 1949). He may have 2-3 years of coachin in him :D
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:1. Jupp is 73 and apprently needs to spend his time with family

I think this is mostly on.
As I see it (or have heard/read):

1. Hoeneß wants Heynckes first choice.
2. Prior to Jupp's return, Hoeneß wanted Nagelsmann, KHR and others felt he was too young and/or inexperienced.
3. KHR wants Tuchel. Hoeneß doesn't nor does Hummels.
4. Jupp remains adamant he's done at end of season.
5. Löw says he wouldn't have time to join immediately after WC but I suppose 2019 is a possibility?
6. Perhaps someone like Klopp or Kovac is still a possibility?

For me my gut says they still want to try and get Klopp. Not sure that is possible or if it'd be my choice, but I just have a hunch. However, in whatever case, 2018 seems an odd time, but IMO it seems that in 2019 things will open up a bit more. Löw is a more real possibility then, depending on how things go with Liverpool Klopp could be more available, Nagelsmann might increase his stock (or start to perform poorly and take himself out of contention), etc etc etc.

Ultimately I feel Tuchel is still most likely option but if not him then I wouldn't be too surprised to see Heynckes relent and give it one more year before a more "long term" solution is found. I am not yet sold on Kovac, and Klopp has his share of deficiencies, and Löw is an interesting option always...but given the right players/setup I think any of those three could also be successful
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 am

Kicker | Despite all the public attempts by Uli Hoeneß to convince him to stay, Jupp Heynckes is adamant that he will leave Bayern in the summer.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Kicker | Despite all the public attempts by Uli Hoeneß to convince him to stay, Jupp Heynckes is adamant that he will leave Bayern in the summer.

Send via carrier pigeon.

and rightly so... the board , members and all the fans should be grateful fur this giant of man who came to save our asses more than once , we can't be greedy ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 am

I really think the Löw problem is a bit overblown. They're not going to contact him after the world cup if he's their choice. He'll probably know very soon and can prepare appropriately, like Pep and Ancelotti. He's also familiar with plenty of the players.

The only problem I see is that it might distract him from the world cup.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 pm

If Loew really wants to join Bayern next season, he can. After all, he'd have more time to prepare than any coach who is whipped in mid-season to replace a fired coach.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:09 pm

aterford wrote:

I think this is mostly on.
As I see it (or have heard/read):

1. Hoeneß wants Heynckes first choice.
2. Prior to Jupp's return, Hoeneß wanted Nagelsmann, KHR and others felt he was too young and/or inexperienced.
3. KHR wants Tuchel. Hoeneß doesn't nor does Hummels.
4. Jupp remains adamant he's done at end of season.
5. Löw says he wouldn't have time to join immediately after WC but I suppose 2019 is a possibility?
6. Perhaps someone like Klopp or Kovac is still a possibility?

For me my gut says they still want to try and get Klopp. Not sure that is possible or if it'd be my choice, but I just have a hunch. However, in whatever case, 2018 seems an odd time, but IMO it seems that in 2019 things will open up a bit more. Löw is a more real possibility then, depending on how things go with Liverpool Klopp could be more available, Nagelsmann might increase his stock (or start to perform poorly and take himself out of contention), etc etc etc.

Ultimately I feel Tuchel is still most likely option but if not him then I wouldn't be too surprised to see Heynckes relent and give it one more year before a more "long term" solution is found. I am not yet sold on Kovac, and Klopp has his share of deficiencies, and Löw is an interesting option always...but given the right players/setup I think any of those three could also be successful

Does anybody really think we can get Kloppo from Liverpool? He's under contract until 2022 and I seriously doubt that Liverpool will just let us buy him out of that.

Let Heynckes retire in peace! We should not take advantage of him bailing us out once, by pressuring him to stay beyond what he originally planned with his family etc. (hopefully all will see to it that he goes out with a bang! ...cough...treble!)
Nagelsmann too young, too inexperienced and haven't proven anything in the CL or EL.
Low probably won't come straight after the WC.

Face it guys, it has to be Tuchel! Hummels just has to suck it up!

I can see the advantages of our new coach being german and all, but I think it's unwise for a club like Bayern (or any other german club for that matter) too limit itself to the talent pool of german managers, when there are so many good coaches from other countries.
That being said, of course it's good for the new coach to know the league, but we're getting into a pickle here, if Hoeness seriously does not see a plan B besides convincing Jupp for one more year.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:06 pm

bbenno wrote:Face it guys, it has to be Tuchel! Hummels just has to suck it up!

It's all in the details of what happened. I personally like Tuchel and would like him here, but if things were really bad between him and Hummels (which could potentially mean similar problems with others), then after the Ancelotti fiasco I'd rather keep the players happy.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Any background on the Hummels-Tuchel issue? What happened?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:25 pm

@BBenno, I don't think Klopp is quite as well-liked amongst Liverpool brass as some might lead you to believe. If they struggle next year (or depending on how this year goes) I wouldn't be surprised if they were ready to move on for the right price.
aterford
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News