You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who do you want as the next Bayern coach?

Heynckes
33%
Tuchel
37%
Nagelsmann
17%
Guardiola
6%
Van Gaal
No votes
Hasenhüttl
4%
Luis Enrique
No votes
Sagnol to remain
No votes
Bring back Ancelotti!
4%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 52

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 pm

RedQueen wrote:Well, if they don't want Tuchel because he's "too difficult" a character, then they might want to talk to the folks at Gladbach and Hertha, who will then tell them a story or two about their difficulties with Favre (I don't have anything against Favre, btw.).
I've said this so many times.. The way Favre left Gladbach speaks tons about his instability as a leader. Not someone I would want in a high-pressure environment like ours.

For me, Tuchel is the only option. Nagelmann would be a left-field choice.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm

No favre please ..hes beeen coach since primitive times and has not achieved/done anything extraordinary..
No Tuchel please..another pep after heynckes..no sorry..already committed that mistake once..
No Klopp please..and I dont even need to state why now..

If possible get pochettino or allegri or Low(but its 99% not possible) or nagelsmann
I am mentioning Nagelsmann just because I personally feel he has that special flair with him which I don't see in favre and hasenhuttl..just my personal opinion but I have to say as much as I have read Uli ffels the same too..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Language barrier would be an issue with Allegri and Pochettino

Tuchel please [-o<
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 am

YlonenXabi, why do you like Tuchel? I have a hard time justifying his appointment and I am a bit curious as to why people think he's good beyond his academic record.

Honest question.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:19 am

tflags wrote:YlonenXabi, why do you like Tuchel? I have a hard time justifying his appointment and I am a bit curious as to why people think he's good beyond his academic record.

Honest question.

As for some reason you haven't got an answer from the one you addressed. It's not about his academic record. If it was about that we could discuss Zorniger or Robin Dutt.

I like Tuchel because he's an innovator. Tuchel is someone who never stops studying and trying out new things. One of the reasons he left Mainz was that he felt he needed time to study. AFAIK they didn't pay him during the sabbatical he took. I've read a lot about the way he turned the BVB upside down and about his innovative training methods, and I was impressed (I still think in the end that was the reason he was fired, as it was just too much to ask of BVB). I like him because he is not "the German would-be Guardiola". He was a player under Rangnick at SSV Ulm, where he suffered his career-ending injury, and has gone on record to say that it was Rangnick who persuaded him to pursue a coaching career. He was brought to VfB Stuttgart as a youth coach by Rangnick and Helmut Groß. (A strikingly similar story happened later when Tuchel was a coach at Augsburg, with Tuchel and Nagelsmann. It was Tuchel who persuaded Nagelsmann to pursue a career as a coach). That school is still in his DNA. His approach is a blend of the Stuttgart school and what he later learned from Guardiola.

Tuchel, if they let him do his work, will professionalize that club. There will be no more "we don't need nutritionists or sports psychologists, they're overrated". If they let him do his work, he'll see to it that up to date training methods and accompanying conditions will be employed.

Tuchel is also someone who will trust and develop talents, even if it means taking risks, as he has shown with the completely unproven Weigl, and of course Dembele.

Maybe he's too much of an innovator for Bayern. But I'd just like to give it a chance.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bmguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:54 am

prasun77 wrote:No Tuchel please..another pep after heynckes..no sorry..already committed that mistake once..

What's wrong with Pep any way, He's the dream coach to get for any team. He's helped to developed young talents like Kimmich, Coman,... now Leroy Sane, Jesus... very nicely, even a mediocre guy like Douglas Costa played very well, look at him right now you'll see the difference. We were just unlucky not to have healthy players at the right moments for him and didn't have enough $$$ to invest for him to translate into success.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tflags » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:46 pm

RedQueen wrote:I like Tuchel because he's an innovator. Tuchel is someone who never stops studying and trying out new things. One of the reasons he left Mainz was that he felt he needed time to study. AFAIK they didn't pay him during the sabbatical he took. I've read a lot about the way he turned the BVB upside down and about his innovative training methods, and I was impressed (I still think in the end that was the reason he was fired, as it was just too much to ask of BVB). I like him because he is not "the German would-be Guardiola".

Still no answer as to why you like him. If you want an innovator and someone who studies football and physical trainning methods lets bring Bielsa. Hell, let us go for my old man Magath again.

I can understand tactical innovations like Conte's or Nagelsmanns'. I can understand Heynckes' pack and go strategies. But what you refer about Tuchel is not something that I have not been seen before.

So he's not the German Guardiola. Good. That applies to everyone who's not Guardiola, right? So he brought the best out of Dortmund. No, he didn't. Klopp did.

So he brought the best youth talent in Dortmund. Who hasn't? That team is the best scouting house in modern football bar none. Their players are so good as a unit it is hard to justify their departures minus a couple of players, namely Hummels and Lewan. It has been so since what, 2010?

But I do feel you are giving him too much of a credit with too broad terms like "innovation" and "trainning methods" which honestly don"t ring much of a bell.

And yet you miss his own frustrations. That team got to be so bad under Tuchel he himself confessed the team was too much dependent on a single player. Hell, DW said if it wasn't for Dembele's magical assists they would be bellow the middle of the table.

Is that the innovation we are talking about? So you pretty much got an innovator (like LvG) depending on a single player (Robben) to keep the team afloat. Interesting.

Did he depart because of his innnovations? I don't think so. He left because he got raged the team was made to play a day or two after Bartra almost got bombed out and none ask him if they should play. His comments made the board look greedy to the squad and Wazthisname got furious.

So again, I'm trying to figure out why is it that this guy got the league's highest non-championship points tally in a season other than trying to catch up with Bayern and that's pretty much his credential card when there are a ton of stats which can be used to select a coach like 20 something unbeaten runs and unparallel youth development other coaches like Klopp have obtained with the same team.

Again, honest question.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:30 pm

I don't even know where to start.

First off, I didn't say Tuchel "brought talent to Dortmund". That's their scouting department's doing. In fact, the one concern I have about Tuchel is relating to the players he wanted to be brought in. But I didn't even address that in my post. I said that Tuchel isn't afraid to trust and develop talent. For example, he trusted a completely unproven Weigl when he was brought in from 2nd divsion 1860 and made him a core player in an important position immediately.

I'll give you an article I found in English that talks a bit about what I mean by "Tuchel is an innovator" (I read a lot of others but they were all in German).
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rgen-klopp

Tactics is only a small part of it. He changed the nutrition plans and the medical performance tests at the club, he offered them meditation courses, he brought cognitive training methods to the club, he had them monitoring sleeping patterns of the players, he coached them by recommending specific books to individual players he thought would help them, he had an entirely new video equipment installed at the training ground for observing and analyzing training sessions and so on and so forth. I think Bayern is a club in dire need of that sort of innovation.

As for why he was fired in Dortmund. My ideas what happened at Dortmund aren't based on a DW article, but on trying to make sense of countless reports, interviews and comments by players, the staff, Tuchel himself. The bomb attack and its aftermath had nothing to do with his conflict with their head scout, for example. Or the visit by Sahin and Schmelzer in Aktuelles Sportstudio. Or with players running to Watzke and complaining about meditation courses and other "esoterics". A lot more came together there than just the bomb attack and Watzke's hurt pride, which might have been the final straw in a work relationship that was otherwise already on the rocks.

I recently re-read Honigstein's "Das Reboot" and the part about what Klinsmann had to endure when he took over the national team and left no stone unturned with the DFB reminded me of Tuchel's situation at Dortmund.

That's also the reason many in Germany think that Tuchel wouldn't work out at Bayern, because if you don't have the support of the club's leadership to push these things through against the resistance of the old guard, you can only fail. He didn't have that support in Dortmund. Whether he would have that support at Bayern, given how reluctant the club has been when it comes to the above mentioned innovations, they doubt, and in my opinion rightfully. But that is a problem Nagelsmann would encounter, too.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:01 pm

http://www.espnfc.com/guangzhou-evergra ... head-coach

Fabio Cannavaro, yes, the man who lifted the World Cup in 2006, returns to Guangzhou Evergrande as head coach.

So no vacancy for Ancelotti.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:40 am

FCB12Forever wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/guangzhou-evergrande/story/3263783/guangzhou-evergrande-reinstall-fabio-cannavaro-as-head-coach

Fabio Cannavaro, yes, the man who lifted the World Cup in 2006, returns to Guangzhou Evergrande as head coach.

He will soon take over the NT

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:He will soon take over the NT

Ancelotti taking over Italian NT?

If so, we might safely arrive at the conclusion that Carlo was part of the Italian espionage campaign against the German NT.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCB12Forever wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/guangzhou-evergrande/story/3263783/guangzhou-evergrande-reinstall-fabio-cannavaro-as-head-coach

He will soon take over the NT

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
If that happens I would expect Malta to beat Italy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:57 pm

MUTU wrote:If that happens I would expect Malta to beat Italy.

I won't expect Italy to flop under Ancelotti. The reason we were so bad under him is because he didn't want to show us the way. But for Italy he's gonna give 120%. For us? he is more than happy to give -100%
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Awax » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:22 pm

MUTU wrote:The reason we were so bad under him is because he didn't want to show us the way.

What do you mean by that ?
Awax
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Awax wrote:
MUTU wrote:The reason we were so bad under him is because he didn't want to show us the way.

What do you mean by that ?

Ancelotti wanted us to fail.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News