You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Would you like Pep Guardiola to leave?

Yes, but unfortunately I think Bayern will renew his contract.
15%
Yes, and thankfully I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
24%
I'm not sure, but I still think Bayern will renew his contract.
9%
I'm not sure, but I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%
No, and thankfully I think Bayern will renew his contract.
41%
No, but unfortunately I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%

Total votes : 149

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Element » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Our Board is on Drugs ,from the cheap one that could lead to sudden death

FIRING LVG #-o #-o
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby hgb09 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm

What do u think LVg could have done Dambun? U can see it, he's not the right man anymore. The players don't want him and are playing with zero motivation. They should have done it earlier before the Inter game. I agree that Jonker isn't that good and we should have found someone better.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby shwas55 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:27 pm

dambun wrote:Once again... I don't understand the board's decision....

I mean... the whole point of changing the head-coach, right now, is to change the team's mood and mentality.... because the new coach won't have any time to do anything tactical....
and then they fire LvG and assign whom??? JONKER!!! How's that a change of mentality for our players???????????
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I want to kill myself....

According to KHR "Jonker has a plan in place". So Im thinking they were convinced that he is going to do things differently, or at least he will be a puppet that they can force the changes they want on him (like putting Butt back in goal).

Again they arent looking for fundamental changes in this 5 weeks, they are just looking for a change, any change that can get the players motivated again to at least give us a chance.

IMO LVG should have been fired after the Hannover game...If not then then right after the Inter loss. There was absolutely no point in keeping him till the end of the season. They have handled the situation very badly.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:29 pm

dambun wrote:we will definitely lose to Leverkusen... and then we'll probably be 4 points lower than Hannover with 4 games to go....

So you think Hannover are going to beat Hamburg? [-X

The mistake was not firing LVG, it was keeping him until now. The board should have fired him back when they decided to terminate his contract. Bringing Jonker was not the best solution, it would have been better to bring in someone new, but the fact that LVG is no longer there, is already a plus for the players, because they did not want him anymore.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MrLinky » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:34 pm

The writing was on the wall. The game against Gladbach was a torture to watch, even though we won. And yesterday Nurnerg had zero to offer out of open play, a lucky punch out of a Kraft error was the only way they could have scored, even if they kept playing all day long. The irony of fate. Kraft costs van Gaal his job. Against Hannover when he made that big mistake and let Pinto's shot in while the scoreline was 1-2. After that, the decision was made to not continue working with van Gaal next season. And then yesterday's fatal mistake, which resulted in van Gaal being sacked with immediate effect. The team's reaction is so unpredictable. And Jonker as a short-term solution? I’m quite sure everyone has their justified doubts regarding that appointment. I just think the decision after the Hannover game was neither one thing nor the other. It was the worst thing we could do and just added more insecurity to an already mentally fragile team. I just hope everything turns out well. No CL next season would be a disaster.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Jonker, who was Van Gaal's right-hand man, has been placed in charge for those five games and given the task of leading the club into the top three, something which the Bavarian club are confident he will achieve.

"He enjoys the utmost faith within this club," said Bayern's director of sport Christian Nerlinger.

"We have faith in him and believe that he will be able to master this challenge.

"It was not just a spur of the moment decision to pass the responsibility over to him. We know how much he cares for this club and that he is happy here and enjoys the team's respect.

"He has shown that today. He is 100% convinced that we will reach the goals we have."

Bayern's chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge explained that there had been "no alternative" but to part company with Van Gaal last night.

And president Uli Hoeness said it was a decision which was a long time in coming.

"It all started getting messy when he (Van Gaal) dropped Hans-Jorg Butt and replaced him with Thomas Kraft," he said.

"That brought insecurity into the defence and we could not hold out for much longer.

"Football should be enjoyable, but there has been nothing enjoyable about football at FC Bayern for a while now.

"And to say that he had the players behind him was a myth."

Hoeness carried on by blaming Van Gaal for the recent crowd protests against his own person, saying the Dutchman's opposition to the planned bid for Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer had created divisions in the club.

"The Manuel Neuer issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans," he said.

"Problems were created which were totally unnecessary and which have ripped the club to pieces.

"Louis Van Gaal should consider what he has done."

Jupp Heynckes managed to lead Bayern into the Champions League after replacing Jurgen Klinsmann in 2009 and Jonker will now have to do the same before Heynckes returns to the club in the summer.

"He held a remarkable speech in front of the team," reported Rummenigge.

"He said that will take over everything which was good, but that he will change things which, in his view, are in need of being changed.

"I believe that Andries Jonker has a very clear plan."
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 pm

shwas55 wrote:Hoeness carried on by blaming Van Gaal for the recent crowd protests against his own person, saying the Dutchman's opposition to the planned bid for Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer had created divisions in the club.

[-X [-X [-X

Sure, the fans would not have known about Kraft had it not been for LVG, but to blame him for the protests is just... [-X

Lol, it's going to be a big slap in the face now if Jonker turns out to be a great fit for Bayern. We had the same problem when we got Heynckes as caretaker then let him go.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby appudds » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:10 pm

I think this isnt a good solution. Dunno why. But have a bad feeling towards it
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Well the thing is, it plain can't get any worse. At the moment we're missing out on the CL spot, and Jonker mucking it up wouldn't change that. Van Gaal has barely made things better after the fatal slip at the Köln game in February, as our games have been utterly horrible since the Dortmund loss, with the exception of the Hamburger game where we faced off another lame duck. The last four games have been painful to watch... van Gaal's track record in the last 5 or more games has been so bad, there's no reason to hope that he would've made it any better.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Mazen96 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Rummenigge: Lahm and Schweinsteiger were consulted and gave "full support" to the decision.

I really like the fact these two are regarded as leaders now. :)
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 pm

MrLinky wrote: The irony of fate. Kraft costs van Gaal his job.

I think it was his stubbornness that did the job. If he wasn't that stubborn he would have seen clearer and he wouldn't try to prove his point in the middle of the season.

As I said back then, giving Kraft a chance is a good thing, but the timing was horrible (just in the middle of the season with everything in stake).

Timing is everything in life.

Even that I agree with firing LVG the timing is all wrong again. It should have been done right after Hannover - or even after Schalke.

BTW Klinsmann was also fired 5 games before BL ended, having 16 wins, 6 draws, and 7 losses (while now we have 15 wins, 7 draws, and 7 losses). It seems that our board likes to make the final decisions 5 games before season ends ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby EverFresh » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:10 pm

All in all I think it was a good move. It should give the players more motivation provided that Jonkers isn't a van Gaal JR. The players already know what they have to do, and if the board can control Jonkers then we have a chance of making it to 3rd, if Hannover slip up.
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
EverFresh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 pm

dambun wrote:I mean... the whole point of changing the head-coach, right now, is to change the team's mood and mentality.... because the new coach won't have any time to do anything tactical....
and then they fire LvG and assign whom??? JONKER!!! How's that a change of mentality for our players???????????

That's exactly my opinion.
A change of coach will change the mentality of the players and I was hoping for a change in coach.
But then I read that it'll be Jonker!? How are the players suposed to suddenly play good under him? All he's ever coached was Willem II and he sucked there. All the Dutch football sites/forums are making fun of BAyern right now.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby quaazi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Don't be silly, Jonker will have very little authority. It's the board that'll make the decisions now. Jonker will most likely be a puppet for them.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Imagine the possibility of Jonker become a next Mourinho and we would have used him as a caretaker only :P
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News