You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who do you want as the next Bayern coach?

Heynckes
33%
Tuchel
37%
Nagelsmann
17%
Guardiola
6%
Van Gaal
No votes
Hasenhüttl
4%
Luis Enrique
No votes
Sagnol to remain
No votes
Bring back Ancelotti!
4%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 54

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:56 am

One thing I don't understand: if it really is Jupp, why did Uli seemingly consult with Pep? That part is not clear to me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby muamerc » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 am

I think that Uli consulted Pep about Nagelsmann or maybe what he thinks about Tuchel or Enrique.
muamerc
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:04 am

MUTU wrote:One thing I don't understand: if it really is Jupp, why did Uli seemingly consult with Pep? That part is not clear to me.

As I said yesterday. My suspicion is that they spoke about Nagelsmann. Of course, Pep doesn't know him, but maybe they just wanted his opinion as a football expert and as a friend.

That said it could be Jupp, seeing as Guardiola took over from him.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 am

welcome Jupp.
official
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 am

Borusse wrote:Though I did read a very reasonable article today from a polish journalist who is a Bundesliga expert and he said this is not a good move for Bayern. Appointing Heynckes was kind of a statement from Hoeness that he is in charge, not Rummenigge. But it's not a good decision because Heynckes spent last 4 years without being close to the players and big football. This is going to be a tough challenge for him. The journalist also said that he who thinks the great Bayern of 2013 will return is fooling himself. This is not the same Bayern as 4 years ago with Ribery and Robben in their prime.
Also if this season is not successful Nagelsmann will have even more difficult job because some players might want to leave the club in the summer (some will be asked out probably like Ribery or Robben) and Nagelsmann might not be ready for handling such a big club with such personalities.

I don't completely agree because I think this Bayern has many different qualities Heynckes might use and make Bayern play strong football. But it is true that Heynckes is kind of a victim of the power struggle between Hoeness and Rummenigge and he should have just stayed at home instead of getting into this. It's interesting what are Heynckes's motivation at this point. Is it just to satisfy his old pal Hoeness?

I'm not sure if I'm misremembering things but hadn't Jupp already retired before we brought him in 2009?

I agree with most points and also with what you said but I don't think those 4 years out of football are going to be a problem.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dras_l » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 am

Only think what concerns' me is management team - Jupp cannot do it by himself. Who is going to be his assistants? Is this going to work? About ages and absence - who think if Fergie return to Man Utd he will not succeeded? It's same with Jupp, he has authority and respect. Let's see how the dance will start :)
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:22 am

Effenberg777 wrote:welcome Jupp.
official

Stop it with the lies already, you've already done this with Ancelotti's sacking. Don't say it's official when it's not on the Bayern website/Twitter.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 am

I dont relly on twitters I have my insiders.
I was right with Ancelotti, and I am right with this also.

Prophet no2.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby bastos80 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:30 am

MUTU wrote:One thing I don't understand: if it really is Jupp, why did Uli seemingly consult with Pep? That part is not clear to me.

He didn't CONSULT with Pep. Why can't we look at the context?
Pep was at the Oktoberfest and met with Uli for a dinner as friends. Uli told Pep who we WILL appoint, so it was already decided.

Kicker said we only held serious talks with Tuchel, but because of the situation the talks would be too long.
Maybe he'll come next year then.
Tuchel till 2021 and then Nagelsmann would be ideal.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:34 am

Borusse wrote:Though I did read a very reasonable article today from a polish journalist who is a Bundesliga expert and he said this is not a good move for Bayern. Appointing Heynckes was kind of a statement from Hoeness that he is in charge, not Rummenigge. But it's not a good decision because Heynckes spent last 4 years without being close to the players and big football. This is going to be a tough challenge for him. The journalist also said that he who thinks the great Bayern of 2013 will return is fooling himself. This is not the same Bayern as 4 years ago with Ribery and Robben in their prime.
Also if this season is not successful Nagelsmann will have even more difficult job because some players might want to leave the club in the summer (some will be asked out probably like Ribery or Robben) and Nagelsmann might not be ready for handling such a big club with such personalities.

I don't completely agree because I think this Bayern has many different qualities Heynckes might use and make Bayern play strong football. But it is true that Heynckes is kind of a victim of the power struggle between Hoeness and Rummenigge and he should have just stayed at home instead of getting into this. It's interesting what are Heynckes's motivation at this point. Is it just to satisfy his old pal Hoeness?

That Polish journalist is a wise man... reading around in the Bayern forum at TM.de there are users (who are usually well connected) who think the big bang is imminent and Rummenigge will be history soon... also that an important reason of reactivating Jupp was to gather the members behind Uli. I'm not sure I like it. I'm not a huge fan of Kalle but I feel Uli is taking the club backward and since he's returned, the club lost experts and replaced them with yes-men. With Kalle gone I fear it would only get worse.

Read also that FCB.TV were interviewing spectators of yesterdays training session and asking their opinion on a return of Heynckes.

About Uli consulting Pep, @Mutu, who knows whether he really consulted him or they weren't just having dinner because he was in the city already for Oktoberfest.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:35 am

bastos80 wrote:

Pep was at the Oktoberfest and met with Uli for a dinner as friends. Uli told Pep who we WILL appoint, so it was already decided.

Kicker said we only held serious talks with Tuchel, but because of the situation the talks would be too long.

OK then answer me this:

if Uli had lunch/dinner with Pep and told him we will sign Heynckes, why is it taking so long? Why isn't he training the team already? Is he looking for his magic wand or something and can't find it yet?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 am

Jupp conditions are :bring back Bastian and Gomez
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby bastos80 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 am

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

OK then answer me this:

if Uli had lunch/dinner with Pep and told him we will sign Heynckes, why is it taking so long? Why isn't he training the team already? Is he looking for his magic wand or something and can't find it yet?

It's depending on details according to kicker.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:50 am

^ you mean negotiations like salary, KPIs, bonuses, a clause for a possible extension, January transfer demands, etc?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 am

I have no idea what kind of demands someone like Jupp would have.

Also Uli talked about "what" we will present. Possibly we plan to announce Jupp's "successor" straight away and therefore it is taking so long. But consulting Pep for Jupp really makes absolutly no sense.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News