You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Would you like Pep Guardiola to leave?

Yes, but unfortunately I think Bayern will renew his contract.
15%
Yes, and thankfully I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
24%
I'm not sure, but I still think Bayern will renew his contract.
9%
I'm not sure, but I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%
No, and thankfully I think Bayern will renew his contract.
41%
No, but unfortunately I think Bayern won't renew his contract.
5%

Total votes : 149

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:02 pm

I think his most probable course of action will be to come back to the same team; batteries re-charged and all...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:09 pm

^ That might be the case, especially if Tito ends up without La Liga or CL this season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Uli & co should do everything they can to sign Pep, he rejuvenated a team of past-its and won everything with them. Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were just another decent trio until he came. The fact that they were considered to have under performed whenever they didn't thrash the living daylights out of a team shows how great Barca under Pep were. What is just as great about him is that he won Barca the CL in years following successful international tournaments, which speaks loads about his motivation. I understand that it's always great to have Germans and club legends coaching Bayern, but Guardiola would take this club to new levels.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby dambun » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Uli & co should do everything they can to sign Pep, he rejuvenated a team of past-its and won everything with them. Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were just another decent trio until he came. The fact that they were considered to have under performed whenever they didn't thrash the living daylights out of a team shows how great Barca under Pep were. What is just as great about him is that he won Barca the CL in years following successful international tournaments, which speaks loads about his motivation. I understand that it's always great to have Germans and club legends coaching Bayern, but Guardiola would take this club to new levels.

I think the main issue standing in the way is the language barrier... It's very hard for a coach to motivate his players if they can't speak the same language... Otherwise I see no reason why we should not consider him as a very reliable option...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm

dambun wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:Uli & co should do everything they can to sign Pep, he rejuvenated a team of past-its and won everything with them. Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were just another decent trio until he came. The fact that they were considered to have under performed whenever they didn't thrash the living daylights out of a team shows how great Barca under Pep were. What is just as great about him is that he won Barca the CL in years following successful international tournaments, which speaks loads about his motivation. I understand that it's always great to have Germans and club legends coaching Bayern, but Guardiola would take this club to new levels.

I think the main issue standing in the way is the language barrier... It's very hard for a coach to motivate his players if they can't speak the same language... Otherwise I see no reason why we should not consider him as a very reliable option...

I remember him saying something about wanting to learn a new language. The majority of our squad speaks English, so that should suffice for a while.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 pm

I can see him being tempted to go to AC Milan since they are in rebuilding mode with a good amount of young talent. That would make it easier for Pep to carve his system on to the team....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:39 pm

A team of past it's? They had won the CL with Frank Ryjkaard (sp?) not long before he took over.

I'm dubious about Guardiola. He never developed that Barca team as much as people give him credit for. Almost all those players were already there for him. And that style of play really is just as much as a Spanish national style as it is of Barca.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCB general » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:53 pm

lau03143 wrote:I'm dubious about Guardiola. He never developed that Barca team as much as people give him credit for. Almost all those players were already there for him. And that style of play really is just as much as a Spanish national style as it is of Barca.

You're not the only one who thinks like that. Many people also question his ability, because of Frank Rijkaard also was a great coach of Barcelona squad, he had scrambled them all before he left Camp Nou. Maybe his last 2 seasons weren't great(06/07 ended 2nd, 07/08 on 3rd place), Guardiola had also known just that he needs to sell Ronaldinho and Deco, 2 so called destabilizing bombs, before a real success. Messi was one of the loudest guys who wanted Ronaldinho to stay at Barcelona, but the last word had Guardiola and he sold him.

Rijkaard was linked with us, too. But today we see he isn't such a great coach as he was in Barcelona. No real results after fantastic period between 2003 and 2007 where he returned wining mentality guided in those times with fantastic Brazilian.

We'll see how Guardiola is going to manage with other leagues and clubs.
Last edited by FCB general on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Commodore » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 pm

lau03143 wrote:I'm dubious about Guardiola. He never developed that Barca team as much as people give him credit for. Almost all those players were already there for him. And that style of play really is just as much as a Spanish national style as it is of Barca.

I wish you could speak German, and I doubt Google Translate will do you any good with such a long ass article. I'll link it to you anyways.

http://spielverlagerung.de/2012/04/30/t ... -visionar/

Guardiola knows a metric **** ton about football and he's a great dude to boot. In one word: He's Bayern-like.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 pm

lau03143 wrote:

A team of past it's? They had won the CL with Frank Ryjkaard (sp?) not long before he took over.

I'm dubious about Guardiola. He never developed that Barca team as much as people give him credit for. Almost all those players were already there for him. And that style of play really is just as much as a Spanish national style as it is of Barca.

They won it in 2006, by 2008 they were barely qualifying to the CL. Their team was relying on Deco, Ronaldinho, Marquez, Zambrotta, Bojan etc. He made the team's core Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and the likes. Would Xavi really be regarded as one of the best midfielders ever has Pep not come along?
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby tflags » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 am

Wherever he goes, I don't think it is Milan:
His manager Jose Maria Orabitg has now confirmed the contact with the Italians. " I often have contacts to AC Milan. I can only say that Guardiola has rejected an offer from Milan. Anything is possible , "said loudly Orabitg" Corriere dello Sport".
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Mirko, Pep, Mirko, Pep, Mirko, Pep. Pep.... Mirko??
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby samaj » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:19 pm

"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernLove » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Yes actually.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:25 pm

If Scholl has a decent year with the reserves, why not give him some first team role?
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News