You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If both his parents hail from Croatia he is Croatian.

No he is not. He is 3rd generation Croatian, his father Mark Pulisic was born in Long Island New York in 1968, at the time there wasn't even a country named Croatia recognized by FIFA, although I am aware that it has always been a nationality.

My son was born from foreign parents in the USA, all his grandparents are from countries other than his parents'; if he was a footballer he could choose 5 different nationalities but in every one of those nations he could be questioned about being a true national of that country, there is only one country that will stand above all when it comes to legitimacy, not legality, that's his country of birth and upbringing: the USA. How is Pulisic's case any different? Pulisic is more American than Croatian, since he wasn't born in Croatia, has never lived there and was not formed as a footballer in Croatia.
Actually, Pulisic checks all these boxes for the USA, he was shaped as a footballer in the USA with the exception of a brief time that he lived in England at age 7 before he joined Dortmund's academy only 2 years ago.
His parent's football heritage isn't even Croatian since they never play as adults in Croatia; both, mother and father, played at College level in the USA for George Mason University.
I remember that Jamaican National team in World Cup 1998 filled with British born Jamaicans called at home sarcastically "the Beatles", 11 Pulisics representing Croatia could be rightfully called "the yankees" in Croatia.
If it comes down to "more prestige" playing for Croatia since instead of going to El Salvador or Trinidad to play World Cup qualification you will be going to London or Munich to face England or Germany; go and ask Neven Subotić or Giuseppe Rossi how it worked out for them to turn down the USA National Team call.
Last edited by Jorge on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Jorge wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:If both his parents hail from Croatia he is Croatian.

No he is not. He is 3rd generation Croatian, his father Mark Pulisic was born in Long Island New York in 1968, at the time there wasn't even a country named Croatia recognized by FIFA, although I am aware that it has always been a nationality.

My son was born from foreign parents in the USA, all his grandparents are from countries other than his parents'; if he was a footballer he could choose 5 different nationalities but in every one of those nations he could be questioned about being a true national of that country, there is only one country that will stand above all when it comes to legitimacy, not legality, that's his country of birth and upbringing: the USA. How is Pulisic's case any different? Pulisic is more American than Croatian, since he wasn't born in Croatia, has never lived there and was not formed as a footballer in Croatia.
Pulisic checks all these boxes actually for the USA, he was shaped as a footballer in the USA with the exception of a brief time that he lived in England at age 7 before he joined Dortmund's academy at age 16.
His parent's football heritage isn't even Croatian since they never play as adults in Croatia; both, mother and father, played at College level in the USA for George Mason University.
I remember that Jamaican National team in World Cup 1998 filled with British born Jamaicans called at home sarcastically "the Beatles", 11 Pulisics representing Croatia could be rightfully called "the yankees" in Croatia.
If it comes down to "more prestige" playing for Croatia since instead of going to El Salvador or Trinidad to play World Cup qualification you will be going to London or Munich to face England or Germany; go and ask Neven Subotić or Giuseppe Rossi how it worked out for them to turn down the USA National Team call.

Valid points

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Our resident Europeans have a really tough time understanding the "New World's" (North and South America) flexible nationality concepts. Simply put, in this side of the world "blood" origins is a very bad criteria for nationality. A majority of the people in this continent has a very wild mix of "bloods".

Even worse, many people with more or less a homogeneous origins (say, four Spanish grandfathers and two first generation local parents; a very common combination btw) have never been to Spain and are behavior-wise 100% local. Can anyone make any case for a person under those conditions to be primarily Spanish? It's the same for Pulisic.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KrampusIsReal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:49 pm

My son could play for the USA Italy or Germany. My side will push Germany and of course her side will push Italy if he was ever good enough. To me I'd be proud of any shirt he put on

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:53 pm

Country's nice... Food is awesome... Weather's great... But when it comes to soccer, there's nothing more despicable than Italy
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:08 pm

I agree Jorge and Punk. I think in Europe and Asia, those societies never had to learn to deal with different ethnic groups the way the Americas had to. Even in the old multi-ethnic empires, the British and the Austro-Hungarians or the Chinese, the ethnicities were segregated and the empire dominated by one ethnic group. As well, I think Europe and Asia still grapple with the vestiges of the old social orders, the feudal or Confucian systems, which say an individual’s place in society is not up to the individual and not subject to change.

I think the difference in America is we’ve had to incorporate these different ethnic groups who have their different reasons for coming, whether escaping persecution or being brought on slave ships to be persecuted. And I think a difference in our mindsets comes from being descended from immigrants who rejected the Old World systems. Our ancestors were risk-takers who didn’t accept their place in society.

I’d argue like Punk said that our concept of nationality is somewhat flexible, because we recognize the ancestries of the people that come here. But it’s also a little different because the people that came here in a way reject the places they come from. Speaking for myself and I hope many of my peers of a similar background are the same, I acknowledge the old bonds. But even though I had German citizenship and spent a lot of time there, I really placed no value in it because I spent more time in America, and because my parents who grew up outside the United States raised me to believe I was American. That’s why I don’t think citizenship is a blood issue. I think it’s a loyalty issue, and it might be harsh but I think anyone who thinks they have a stronger tie to another country really should give up their American citizenship if they don’t have value in it.

I think that applies to any country really, if you feel you have a stronger tie to a different country other than the one on your passport. But I recognize people work abroad to bring money home, and I think football is maybe not important enough to warrant a harsh decision of loyalty. It might be good for a career to play for Croatia over the United States, even if the stronger tie is to the U.S.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:21 am

#12 wrote:Country's nice... Food is awesome... Weather's great... But when it comes to soccer, there's nothing more despicable than Italy

... except for England and the Netherlands

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:24 am

He surely is a special talent...his playing style reminds me of Countinho and Hazard...somekind of mixture of those two :)

Plus imagine if we get him and he becomes world class...he would be the first player from USA to actually get to that level and with football on the up in USA that could be huge for us from financial point of view.

Lets hope he develops into top player and we go for him in some 2 years. But I can see all other top clubs looking at this guy because everyone knows that he brings much more with him than just talent.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:56 am

reading such comments on BVB players (even Dembele) I confirm how arrogant we Bayern fans and not only fans are :twisted:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 am

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 am

#12 wrote:
#12 wrote:Country's nice... Food is awesome... Weather's great... But when it comes to soccer, there's nothing more despicable than Italy

... except for England and the Netherlands

Oy!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 am

Been waiting for you...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has told WAZ they have not made any contact over signing Christian Pulisic, Julian Weigl or Ousmane Dembele and played down the prospect that they will make further signings from Borussia Dortmund. [source]
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby JANCKER » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:47 am

Liverpool set for transfer tussle with Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulisic [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:40 am

JANCKER wrote:
Liverpool set for transfer tussle with Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulisic [source]

Why are we after another bvb player?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News