You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:05 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:Living in america doesnt make you one. He is from Croatia

Not this shit again. Born and raised in America, therefore American.

TBH it'd probably be better for him if people thought he were Croatian. Honestly there are many who will simply say "American player, he is s**t" and not give him the time of day.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 am

endrity wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
endrity wrote:Him and Dembele are also very inconsistent. They are still about two seasons away from being ready to play week in week out for a top club. Even at Dortmund they are not sure starters if Reus is healthy.

Dembele is a future Ballon D'Or contender. Absolutely fantastic prospect. Amazing dribbling, can shoot, can cross, is fast, perfectly two-footed. He ticks absolutely all the talent boxes. He only needs to mature and that's it. We should go for him no expenses spared.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I actually think the differences between the two are not as large as most think. Dembele seems to be a better prospect because he can pull off highlight plays more often, but he also makes a lot more mistakes attempting them. He also has a very inconsistent first touch which sometimes makes the ball bounce off him. Pulisic is more conservative and has been slowly expanding his game to show more skills but being able to pull them off more consistently.

Now it's true that Dembele can improve on all of this but it's also not a guarantee. Especially the mental part of the game is not always a given. There are plenty of highly talented technical players who never flourish because they make wrong decisions on the pitch. Those decision-making instincts do not always come naturally. A good example is Emre Mor, who also seems to be able to dribble past any player yet always runs into defenders because he seems to be unable to decide when to pass and when to shoot. Dembele has a lot to improve in that regard whereas Pulisic makes good, if rather unspectacular decisions, more often.

This is where I'm at too. I don't think Pulisic is far off from Dembele at all....but I don't think they really aim to play the same way or accomplish the same things. Dembele does make a lot more 'Sportscenter' moves a lot, but for every flashy highlight there's 10 bad passes, poor decisions, etc etc. Dembele is still pretty raw for me and quite immature, he tends to go down too easily and is the type of player who acts like he's been shot if he feels the slightest contact. I don't care for that. Pulisic certainly isn't as flashy but IMO his decision making is already miles ahead of Dembele's. Not really close in that regard.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 am

endrity wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
endrity wrote:Him and Dembele are also very inconsistent. They are still about two seasons away from being ready to play week in week out for a top club. Even at Dortmund they are not sure starters if Reus is healthy.

Dembele is a future Ballon D'Or contender. Absolutely fantastic prospect. Amazing dribbling, can shoot, can cross, is fast, perfectly two-footed. He ticks absolutely all the talent boxes. He only needs to mature and that's it. We should go for him no expenses spared.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I actually think the differences between the two are not as large as most think. Dembele seems to be a better prospect because he can pull off highlight plays more often, but he also makes a lot more mistakes attempting them. He also has a very inconsistent first touch which sometimes makes the ball bounce off him. Pulisic is more conservative and has been slowly expanding his game to show more skills but being able to pull them off more consistently.

Now it's true that Dembele can improve on all of this but it's also not a guarantee. Especially the mental part of the game is not always a given. There are plenty of highly talented technical players who never flourish because they make wrong decisions on the pitch. Those decision-making instincts do not always come naturally. A good example is Emre Mor, who also seems to be able to dribble past any player yet always runs into defenders because he seems to be unable to decide when to pass and when to shoot. Dembele has a lot to improve in that regard whereas Pulisic makes good, if rather unspectacular decisions, more often.

This is where I'm at too. I don't think Pulisic is far off from Dembele at all....but I don't think they really aim to play the same way or accomplish the same things. Dembele does make a lot more 'Sportscenter' moves a lot, but for every flashy highlight there's 10 bad passes, poor decisions, etc etc. Dembele is still pretty raw for me and quite immature, he tends to go down too easily and is the type of player who acts like he's been shot if he feels the slightest contact. I don't care for that. Pulisic certainly isn't as flashy but IMO his decision making is already miles ahead of Dembele's. Not really close in that regard.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 am

He should play for Croatia...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Valkress » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:He should play for Croatia...

Don't you complain when a player born in Germany chooses to play for another country (like Emre Can for Turkey, etc) ?
It's exactly the same thing here...
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Not any American is more American than him, I guess... Obama wasn't even born there and is American. :lol:

He probably feels more American than Croatian and that's crucial... cause I agree that being born in a place doesn't make you of that "X" nationality. He's an assimilated Croatian... You could say that he inherited the talent and passion for football from Croatia.

Just a random one... Mark Viduka(Australian, retired footballer) and Luka Modric(Croatian) are cousins. You have cases when two brothers are of two different nationalities...

What if you're born in a plane above the ocean? You're Oceanian?
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:39 pm

JANCKER wrote:What if you're born in a plane above the ocean? You're Oceanian?

You're a bird :P.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:57 pm

And you are called titicaca
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby jrm13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 am

JANCKER wrote:Not any American is more American than him, I guess... Obama wasn't even born there and is American.

OT I know, but I hope this is a joke...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrm13
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:36 am

If both his parents hail from Croatia he is Croatian.

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 am

ramsej84 wrote:He should play for Croatia...

He chose USA. His father and grandfather wanted him in Croatia, but he didn't. That would be totally insane: Modrić, Rakitić, Brozović, Kovačić, Badelj, Rog, Pulišić. One day we might see Mario Pašalić along with these fellas. :) Who knows what's gonna happen with Benko. No winter for Croatia midfield.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:49 pm

aterford wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:Living in america doesnt make you one. He is from Croatia

Not this shit again. Born and raised in America, therefore American.

TBH it'd probably be better for him if people thought he were Croatian. Honestly there are many who will simply say "American player, he is s**t" and not give him the time of day.

I disagree with this. If anything, it only adds to his reputation. USA has been longing for a good player since decades and whoever that first star will be will be forever hyped.

Also from a marketing point of view this is perfect for his club. The first american proper talent. The american media is following his every footstep already and the Borussia Dortmund brandname is gaining so much more exposure.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am

He is apparently doing extremely well for the U.S. National Team at the moment, he seems to have chosen wisely. This is great for Dortmund and the Bundesliga as well!

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Dortmund's Christian Pulisic has 'no reason' to join Bayern Munich - father [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:11 pm

And he is right. Should stay at BVB and take his time.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News