You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:55 am

JANCKER wrote:He's originally Pulišić and not Pulisic...

Yes. John Malković, Stipe Miočić(this one is so Croatian with the name Stipe which is also familiar to the mentioned regions where the name Mate is given), Mark Begić(US senator from Alaska), Dennis Kučinić(former Cleveland mayor and a congressman from Ohio), Rudy Tomjanović(NBA coach), etc.

pyrasur wrote:I don't know any Croatian, but am I wrong to guess it's the same way the German announcers pronounce Ivan Perisic's name? Regardless, if he doesn't pronounce that right, who knows what the odds are that he pronounces his middle name the proper Croatian way.

Yes, just as Perišić. That "Č" and "Ć" is what bothers you(even some native speakers here have big problems through their whole life with Č and Ć :) ). You don't have that in your alphabet just as we don't have X, Y and W in ours, but we know how to pronounce it in English and in other languages(after we learn it). You just leave "C", but "C" is a letter/phone for itself in our language. Your "Ć" is actually "CH", just like in Spanish(Argentinian Croat Darío Cvitanich/Cvitanić). Slovenians have their family names all pronounced with "Č" at the end. :)

If they gave him a middle name Mate, it means that they know how to pronounce it. But in our language it's not always about correct pronunciation but also how it sounds in our ears. :)
At least he's got some great genes for football and that's something you inherit from your parents in those 49%. :mrgreen:



Now regarding his football qualities, he is a very interesting player and he can become a great star one day. He chose an excellent place to develop his career into something great. Borussia have been taking a great talents across the Europe and in the next 2-3 years they may repeat the same thing from 2011/2012 if they manage to keep their current players in one place.
Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6602
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2701 times
Been thanked: 2908 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby JANCKER » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Scholl tips Pulisic for Bayern – with Tuchel standing right next to him! [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17582
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8467 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:37 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Scholl tips Pulisic for Bayern – with Tuchel standing right next to him! [source]

:shock:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27132
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22120 times
Been thanked: 6202 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Don't love buying from BvB as it feeds a silly narrative that's annoying, but Pulisic is top class. He's not just good "for a young player" or good "for an American". He's legitimately a good player who could be truly great. However he needs more time to develop before coming here I think
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1398 times
Been thanked: 854 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Absolutely no! If we're going to get a player from BVB, Pulisic ist not the one...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5498
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2379 times
Been thanked: 2267 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Still a little early for him but at the rate he is growing his time will come..,
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 14047
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4679 times
Been thanked: 2976 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby endrity » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Him and Dembele are also very inconsistent. They are still about two seasons away from being ready to play week in week out for a top club. Even at Dortmund they are not sure starters if Reus is healthy.
User avatar
endrity
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 624 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 am

endrity wrote:Him and Dembele are also very inconsistent. They are still about two seasons away from being ready to play week in week out for a top club. Even at Dortmund they are not sure starters if Reus is healthy.

Dembele is a future Ballon D'Or contender. Absolutely fantastic prospect. Amazing dribbling, can shoot, can cross, is fast, perfectly two-footed. He ticks absolutely all the talent boxes. He only needs to mature and that's it. We should go for him no expenses spared.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5498
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2379 times
Been thanked: 2267 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:13 am

Not nearly as good as Dembele but I don't mind him. Best American player of all time.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 2033 times
Been thanked: 1857 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:23 am

Living in america doesnt make you one. He is from Croatia
User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 am

Effenberg777 wrote:Living in america doesnt make you one. He is from Croatia


I don't think that he speaks Croatian that well... so I wouldn't be sure about that. Maybe he got the talent from Croatia(his parents)...
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17582
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8467 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:30 am

Effenberg777 wrote:Living in america doesnt make you one. He is from Croatia

Not this shit again. Born and raised in America, therefore American.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 2033 times
Been thanked: 1857 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:Living in america doesnt make you one. He is from Croatia

Not this shit again. Born and raised in America, therefore American.

He's a second generation American who has a grandpa who came from Croatia. He has Croatian heritage, but he is American
User avatar
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 510 times
Been thanked: 571 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby endrity » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:00 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
endrity wrote:Him and Dembele are also very inconsistent. They are still about two seasons away from being ready to play week in week out for a top club. Even at Dortmund they are not sure starters if Reus is healthy.

Dembele is a future Ballon D'Or contender. Absolutely fantastic prospect. Amazing dribbling, can shoot, can cross, is fast, perfectly two-footed. He ticks absolutely all the talent boxes. He only needs to mature and that's it. We should go for him no expenses spared.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


I actually think the differences between the two are not as large as most think. Dembele seems to be a better prospect because he can pull off highlight plays more often, but he also makes a lot more mistakes attempting them. He also has a very inconsistent first touch which sometimes makes the ball bounce off him. Pulisic is more conservative and has been slowly expanding his game to show more skills but being able to pull them off more consistently.

Now it's true that Dembele can improve on all of this but it's also not a guarantee. Especially the mental part of the game is not always a given. There are plenty of highly talented technical players who never flourish because they make wrong decisions on the pitch. Those decision-making instincts do not always come naturally. A good example is Emre Mor, who also seems to be able to dribble past any player yet always runs into defenders because he seems to be unable to decide when to pass and when to shoot. Dembele has a lot to improve in that regard whereas Pulisic makes good, if rather unspectacular decisions, more often.
User avatar
endrity
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 624 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Gender: Male

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 am

endrity wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
endrity wrote:Him and Dembele are also very inconsistent. They are still about two seasons away from being ready to play week in week out for a top club. Even at Dortmund they are not sure starters if Reus is healthy.

Dembele is a future Ballon D'Or contender. Absolutely fantastic prospect. Amazing dribbling, can shoot, can cross, is fast, perfectly two-footed. He ticks absolutely all the talent boxes. He only needs to mature and that's it. We should go for him no expenses spared.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


I actually think the differences between the two are not as large as most think. Dembele seems to be a better prospect because he can pull off highlight plays more often, but he also makes a lot more mistakes attempting them. He also has a very inconsistent first touch which sometimes makes the ball bounce off him. Pulisic is more conservative and has been slowly expanding his game to show more skills but being able to pull them off more consistently.

Now it's true that Dembele can improve on all of this but it's also not a guarantee. Especially the mental part of the game is not always a given. There are plenty of highly talented technical players who never flourish because they make wrong decisions on the pitch. Those decision-making instincts do not always come naturally. A good example is Emre Mor, who also seems to be able to dribble past any player yet always runs into defenders because he seems to be unable to decide when to pass and when to shoot. Dembele has a lot to improve in that regard whereas Pulisic makes good, if rather unspectacular decisions, more often.

True. What I meant to say is Dembele has a higher ceiling. If he improves his decision making, he can be up there in BdO contention. Pulisic is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but I don't think his sailing is THAT high.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5498
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2379 times
Been thanked: 2267 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FlipboardProxy [bot], Mircea_1984, Twitterbot [bot] and 36 guests

cron