You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Billy Gilmour

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Billy Gilmour

Postby JANCKER » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Rangers kid Billy Gilmour being watched by European giants Barcelona and Bayern Munich [source]

Barcelona and Bayern Munich have joined the top clubs in England in running the rule over Rangers starlet Billy Gilmour.

Record Sport can reveal the Catalan giants sent their top youth talent spotter to watch the 15-year-old play for Scotland under-16s six weeks ago.

He made the trip to the Oriam in Edinburgh exclusively to run the rule over the playmaker in a game against France, which the Scots lost 4-0.

Despite the scoreline, he was impressed by the Ayrshire schoolboy - and returned to the capital earlier this week to take another look at Gilmour playing for his country in the Victory Shield.

He was joined by a representative of Bayern Munich, as well as a clutch of top English clubs including Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea in scouting the kid.

One source said: “Sadly, Scotland has produced only two standout kids in recent years - Islam Feruz and Darren Fletcher. Now Rangers have Billy Gilmour and Celtic are developing Karamoko Dembele and the top clubs all want them.

“Barcelona came to watch just Billy in the game against France and see him as a player in the Xavi or Iniesta mould in terms of his size and technical ability.

“It’s going to be very difficult for Rangers to hold onto him beyond the end of the season, when he turns 16. The top sides from abroad can offer money beyond the reach of Rangers and Celtic.”

Rangers could net as little as £100,000 in compensation for Gilmour if he moves next year when the FIFA rules allow approaches to be made by other clubs.

Celtic could face a similar challenge in keeping 13-year-old Dembele at the club beyond his 16th birthday, with the London-born youngster also being tracked by every major club in Europe.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Re: Billy Gilmour

Postby aterford » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:18 pm

That kid is 15, nearly 16???

Jeeeze......he doesn't look a day past 11. Hahaha.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:27 am

It's a bit unlike Bayern to buy foreigners at that age... in fact
Kalle was talking specifically against this some time ago, calling it "kidnapping" [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:21 pm

“We don’t want to bring some 10 or 11-year-old to Munich like the English do,”

16 is a different story...

Rummenigge still hopes to lure the best local talent to the record champions, from the age of 14 upwards, with the focus on youngsters in and around Bavaria. “Our priority will certainly be Germany and Bavaria,” he said. “Our future talented players will much rather come from Rosenheim than Rio.”

This kid signed a contract with Adidas not long ago...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:05 am

Chelsea lead Barcelona and Bayern Munich in race to sign Rangers’ 15-year-old wonderkid Billy Gilmour [source]

I was just listening to this song...

Spoiler: show
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:24 pm

CHELSEA are reportedly nearing an agreement for Rangers wonderkid Billy Gilmour. [source]
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News