You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Gustavo as CB was bad against Nurnberg, but other than that game I liked him in every game he's played, whatever his position. I do believe he can be a great CB, just as good as CDM or LB, but is it worth it experimenting with him? I think not. We've had enough with experiments.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shileno » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:29 pm

A couple of good matches don't say anything. Badstuber was solid an entire season and still he went out of form (thanks to LVG). Gustavo is just a good CDM and an ok CB in case of injury.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby medjahedm » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:32 pm

shileno wrote:Gustavo is just a good CDM and an ok CB in case of injury

Did you watch the game today?
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Read my post again. He passed the test against Inter playing as CDM, I don't think he can do it as CB. It's the same feeling of always, after a good win it's natural to think that we have world class players and we can win everything :roll:
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby tflags » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Is it me or anyone else thinks Heynkes is going to have a really hard time convincing the top brass to bring Vidal in after that showoff back pass that lead to our second goal today?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03 am

tflags wrote:Is it me or anyone else thinks Heynkes is going to have a really hard time convincing the top brass to bring Vidal in after that showoff back pass that lead to our second goal today?

I think the top brass might be more worried about Heynckes after the no-show from his team.
Anyway, I was amazed by Vidal's different attitude. He used to do loads of brutal fouls, and yesterday he was getting fouled instead and played a clean game himself. He used to get carded very frequently but he's really calmed down this season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vijay92 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:31 am

Vidal had his first assist for bayern, its a positive start :D
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:46 am

is it me or did that backpass look sort of staged a little IDK, didn't look natural, maybe he's already agreed to sign for us :?
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 am

Psychaz wrote:is it me or did that backpass look sort of staged a little IDK, didn't look natural, maybe he's already agreed to sign for us :?

No way, he wants to win the Bundesliga irrespective of who he will play for next season. Perhaps he tried something fancy to impress the Bayern board, and if so it really backfired on him #-o
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:18 pm

MUTU wrote:No way, he wants to win the Bundesliga irrespective of who he will play for next season. Perhaps he tried something fancy to impress the Bayern board, and if so it really backfired on him

Maybe he wants to win the CL next season, because he knows he'll get the BL sooner or later anyway (if he goes to Bayern) :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

We don't need him. He's on the same level as gustavo...better use that money for a toop CB.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Paddy wrote:We don't need him. He's on the same level as gustavo...better use that money for a toop CB.

I agree. I don't see in Vidal a huge upgrade from Gustavo (maybe better but not THAT better, to spend 15 M again).
Get a new pair of world class CB's and Neuer. First things first.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't think he's better at all...
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:No way, he wants to win the Bundesliga irrespective of who he will play for next season. Perhaps he tried something fancy to impress the Bayern board, and if so it really backfired on him

Maybe he wants to win the CL next season, because he knows he'll get the BL sooner or later anyway (if he goes to Bayern) :P

I know you weren't serious, but ahead of this game Leverkusen had a MUCH bigger chance of winning the Bundesliga than FC Bayern have of winning the CL next season. Heck, we don't even know if we'll even qualify for the CL qualifiers yet!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shileno » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Paddy wrote:I don't think he's better at all...

Both have the same age, the same time at Germany. The main difference is that Vidal is more versatile and can do much better any job, Gustavo might be a better CDM but Vidal is a better CB, LB and LM. Besides, he already have played WCs, which Gustavo probably never will.

We should have gotten him instead of Gustavo, with him his not needed. I don't think he'll become a world class CDM in the short time.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News