You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Arturo Vidal [Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo]

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:He's getting old and the way he plays aging will hit him harder than standard. Conte wants him badly in Chelsea. We can cash Costa and Vidal and even Renato so we can use that money on some quality winger. Not even talking about we will have a crowded midfield when Goretzka arrives. Gotta open up space for youngsters.

At the momemt at Bayern there is no such thing as needing to sell inorder to buy and maybe at the end of the season when 15 points ahead there is such a thing, like giving youngsters a try.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:16 pm

definately should be sold, even for 25 million
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Larhm » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Hope the Argentinians get disqualified as early as possible and Messi finishes his international career tropheeless.

Spoiler: show

Why do you guys hate Messi? TBH he's been the best player for already a whole decade. Furthermore he seems down to earth with a happy family. He hasn't been caught up in any scandal, at least none in my memory. On the pitch he never dives, just take the ball and dribble towards the goal. I just can't find a reason to hate him.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Larhm wrote:
Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Hope the Argentinians get disqualified as early as possible and Messi finishes his international career tropheeless.

Why do you guys hate Messi? TBH he's been the best player for already a whole decade. Furthermore he seems down to earth with a happy family. He hasn't been caught up in any scandal, at least none in my memory. On the pitch he never dives, just take the ball and dribble towards the goal. I just can't find a reason to hate him.
I just don't like argentinians in football (I like them outside football just fine). They are incredibly arrogant (watching football on TV with Argentinian narrators doesn't help at all, they don't stop sucking up to Argentinian players all match long).

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Larhm wrote:
Jorge wrote:

Not caught up in a scandal?! His scandal was so big if he was playing for Bayern he'd have definitely been imprisoned.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 am

MUTU wrote:His scandal was so big if he was playing for Bayern he'd have definitely been imprisoned.

It was clear the issue a great deal to do with his father and image rights. Unless we expect a 20 something year old playing twice a week to know how to handle his taxes. Even the Messi foundation his father handled some years ago was a scam and he knew pretty much nil about it. He is a professional footballer earning his life on the pitch and to this date I can hardly remember something reproachable to throw at him other than the fact that he loves his native town, wife and country and is a professional 7 days a week.

Give the guy a break and get back on topic please. :evil:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:44 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:His scandal was so big if he was playing for Bayern he'd have definitely been imprisoned.

It was clear the issue a great deal to do with his father and image rights. Unless we expect a 20 something year old playing twice a week to know how to handle his taxes. Even the Messi foundation his father handled some years ago was a scam and he knew pretty much nil about it. He is a professional footballer earning his life on the pitch and to this date I can hardly remember something reproachable to throw at him other than the fact that he loves his native town, wife and country and is a professional 7 days a week.

Give the guy a break and get back on topic please. :evil:

The courts who analyzed the case found Messi to have more blame than his father, hence why they first moved towards a 21 month prison sentence for Messi and "only" 15 months for his father. Later this got greatly reduced, surprisingly despite a failed appeal with the Spanish Supreme Court, to a 252K fine for Messi and 180K fine for Messi's father, again putting more blame on the "good boy, that every father, every mother would like to have at home". I strongly hold on to my argument that if Messi played in Germany instead of Spain, where the courts are much more strict with regards to tax evasion, he'd be in jail today.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:50 am

MUTU wrote:The courts who analyzed the case

The courts? Really? On a country about to dismember itself and he's the bastion (and target) of their prideful landmark team?

Really? Ok. I must be very naive. 8) :P

Please lets get back on topic.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby nnemani92 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:53 pm

aand Javi is injured again, sell Vidal bandwagon having a change of heart now?
nnemani92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:57 pm

When Vidal once again gets a red card in a champions league match following Besitkas because he was out all night partying, you will see
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nnemani92 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Hmm, I assume you didn't get a chance to see the first leg of last years quarter final.
nnemani92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm

nnemani92 wrote:aand Javi is injured again, sell Vidal bandwagon having a change of heart now?

Vidal and Javi aren't really in competition for a spot, they don't share a ton of similarities....Javi being injured is one less midfielder, sure, but it doesn't really impact Vidal much one way or another
aterford
I post all the time

Postby nnemani92 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:10 pm

IMO, they are the two most defensive minded midfielders on the team. The whole reason Heynckes system works so well as it did in 2013 is that the midfield always does the job protecting the defense, which is why I would like to have at least one of them in the starting lineup at all times, especially the big games. Now, if Javi was like Lahm and capable of playing 50 games a season, things would have been different but Javi, however good he can be, is extremely injury prone. Knowing all this why would we give away one of the world's elite defensive midfielders. Plus, Vidal has stayed mostly injury free in spite of advancing age. The sell Vidal talk makes no sense to me.
nnemani92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:05 pm

That's a point I agree with. Tolisso, Goretzka, Rudy, Thiago have all different attributes, but defending is not their main thing.

Vidal and Martinez are the most defensive minded players in our team and I wouldn't feel safe if both were missing unless it's an easy BL home game.

Martinez is way too injury prone, so maybe cash in for Vidal is not the best solution anymore.
Last edited by YlonenXabi on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:26 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Martinez is way too injury prone, so maybe cash in for Vidal is not the best solution anymore.

Yes but neither Vidal is a bench player, normally he would ask to start and we can't guarantee him that unless some of the other less defensive-minded players leaves to make room.

Thiago along with James are our most creative players so I can't see Thiago leaving so soon unless something extraordinary happens in the market(really big cash for Thiago and a bargain replacement signing for us) Goretzka of course should be out of the conversation as a newcomer.
So that leaves with the less talented players like Tolisso & Rudy, Corentin is our breaking record transfer and very young so I suppose that they will help him to get even better so... Rudy as always is the easy target.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News