You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Antoine Griezmann

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Antoine Griezmann

Postby Pelin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Seriously, This guy is the last thing we need.

Yep, his pace and finishing would be useful in counters, yet, we can't pay 100 m euros for just counters, considering we have Müller at trequartista and also James can play there.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Here, most members are confused between playing fifa on their console or evaluating live games. This belief that its no problem to throw away 100 million for one player shows, that some people just dont get it. You all will see soon, that Bayern will be able to compete over the next years in the chanpions league without such silly spending. Just in case you havent noticed it already.

Yeah, right...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:57 pm

The French Max Kruse???????????? :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Manchu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:15 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
Manchu wrote:Honestly, I don't understand why people rate him so highly. He's a good player and a great finisher, but he seems more like the French version of Max Kruse than the French version of Neymar, James, Muller, or Ozil to me. He seems to attract a lot of attention because he plays for a very good team, but Atletico Madrid's success is ultimately based on good defense, not good offense.

It is "great finisher" alone that inflated his rating. People tend to rate players with goals, dribbling, speed. Football IQ? not relevant.

He had one of the highest convert rates in European strikers.

I remember when Muller was under Pep, he scored 20 goals in the 15-16 season BL and his transfermarkt price was elevated to 80m, just because he scored more goals.

However, the interesting thing is that Griezmann doesn't actually score more often than other "main strikers"/"primary goal scorers" have scored over the last few seasons for Atletico Madrid in La Liga(Diego Simeone took over half way through the 2011/12 season):

The classification of Griezmann is problematic, since he often plays behind another striker, but I would still consider him a "primary goal scorer" i.e. someone whose only real job on the pitch is putting the ball into the net. Under those standards, he is actually had the single worst performance in many years of a main striker at Atletico Madrid last season, and his competitors, the other strikers, although good, aren't people who would necessarily start for us even at their peaks. I am willing to bet Griezmann is the best finisher of all them, but the fact that the others scored more goals suggests they have a quality(positioning?) that Griezmann lacks.

Equally importantly, if we think of Griezmann as a primary goal-scorer, the foolhardiness of trying to play him together with Lewandowski becomes clear. It is possible for a team to be successful with no primary goal scorers starting(like 2012/13 Bayern) but it is very rare for a team to play well with two or more primary goal scorers.

ramsej84 wrote:Griezmann is the best French player... for the time being.
Mbappe will overtake him in few years time.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

For me, Benzema is the best french player. Of course, that isn't necessarily the hardest of achievements. France has a lot of very talented players in the 18-22 range, but I can't think of a single French player, apart from Benzema, within the 23-33 range who is actually a top 3 player for his position. Meanwhile, for Germany we have Muller, Ozil, Kroos, Gundogan(when fit), Hummels, Boateng, Neuer, and Gotze within that age range, with a bumper crop of young talents struggling to get time.

YlonenXabi wrote:The French Max Kruse???????????? :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o

Well, I wrote that mainly because I think their playing styles are very similar. That being said, Max Kruse is actually a really good player* who hasn't necessarily gotten the positive attention he deserves. Most notably, he single-handily nearly managed to drag a very untalented Werder Bremen squad to the Europa League last season. I'm not sure if he is quite as good as Griezmann, but seeing how he performed at the head of an Atletico Madrid offense in La Liga would be interesting.

*That doesn't mean I want him at Bayern.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilverX » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:57 am

I'd rather take Werner over Griezmann.

I really hope he doesn't move to a different club... outside of Germany. Kid is going to be a super star in the next few years.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Why is Griezmann suddenly so underrated in here?

I don't like his personality either, but he's a top player
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Lahmies » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:30 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Why is Griezmann suddenly so underrated in here?

I don't like his personality either, but he's a top player

Well, he IS, but a lot of us don’t think he fits our team, that’s all.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby OhioFan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Why are even discussing this, there is no chance he will ever put on an FCB jersey :?: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 am

OhioFan wrote:Why are even discussing this, there is no chance he will ever put on an FCB jersey :?: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Maybe there is a chance...

... When we swap shirts at the end of a match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News