You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Anthony Martial [Anthony Joran Martial]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Anthony Martial [Anthony Joran Martial]

Postby Ed. » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:15 am

Not sure why there is so much enthusiasm for Martial. He is exceptionally talented but his attitude or lack of it reminds me of Douglas Costa & Renato. If he is not getting into the team ahead of Mata, Lingard, etc, then he is doing something wrong.

We don't need another entitled player who has a high opinion of his own abilities rather than doing his talking on the pitch.
Martial is not Bayern material.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 pm

aterford wrote:Hopefully so!! I've been wanting Martial here for a long time...
Coman on the left, Martial on the right would be fearsome imo...

But but but but but ...Gnnnabry? :cry:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm

tflags wrote:
aterford wrote:Hopefully so!! I've been wanting Martial here for a long time...
Coman on the left, Martial on the right would be fearsome imo...

But but but but but ...Gnnnabry? :cry:

He could play as a striker. We've been lacking a speedy striker since Elber. And it seems like Kovac's tactics could well make use of a speedster up front.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Since this report came out I've been researching him on the internet. At the time of his transfer to Man Utd I thought his transfer fee was too much. In today's market it seems quite modest. I think this transfer is a no brainer if the transfer fee is as reported. A combination of Martial and Coman on the wings would be a deadly one for years to come. Both have great speed and both are very young, but with a lot of experience for their age. I would be satisfied with them as our Robbery replacements.

Just watched some highlights on YouTube. Really impressive as a left winger. Cuts inside well and has great technique. His short passing is also very good. Unlike Coman his finishing is impressive. I'm not sure Martial would be as effective on the right wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_MKzxMuns

Since his arrival at Man Utd (summer of 2015) he's only missed 9 games through injury (transfermarkt.de). That's very impressive for a pacy winger/striker playing in the Premier League. In comparison to Coman (43 games missed). They both arrived at their respected clubs at the same time. That's a huge difference. Coman's injury history is his biggest setback IMO.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Achilles » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 pm

For me he is a better player than Coman and a better fit for Bayern because of his finishing and first touch. Coman though is faster,more explosive and athletic typical winger.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Since this report came out I've been researching him on the internet. At the time of his transfer to Man Utd I thought his transfer fee was too much. In today's market it seems quite modest. I think this transfer is a no brainer if the transfer fee is as reported. A combination of Martial and Coman on the wings would be a deadly one for years to come. Both have great speed and both are very young, but with a lot of experience for their age. I would be satisfied with them as our Robbery replacements.

Just watched some highlights on YouTube. Really impressive as a left winger. Cuts inside well and has great technique. His short passing is also very good. Unlike Coman his finishing is impressive. I'm not sure Martial would be as effective on the right wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_MKzxMuns

Since his arrival at Man Utd (summer of 2015) he's only missed 9 games through injury (transfermarkt.de). That's very impressive for a pacy winger/striker playing in the Premier League. In comparison to Coman (43 games missed). They both arrived at their respected clubs at the same time. That's a huge difference. Coman's injury history is his biggest setback IMO.

I agree. I liked Coman on the right when he's done it in the past and I think given time he could have a great pairing with Kimmich. Coman's finishing has always been so-so but if he can get down the right side and get the ball onto his preferred foot (right) for a cross or pass across the face we've a lot of options there. I think it'd work really well. If he's in the ballpark of €50m or so, Like you said, it's a no brainer.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Ed. wrote:Not sure why there is so much enthusiasm for Martial. He is exceptionally talented but his attitude or lack of it reminds me of Douglas Costa & Renato. If he is not getting into the team ahead of Mata, Lingard, etc, then he is doing something wrong.

We don't need another entitled player who has a high opinion of his own abilities rather than doing his talking on the pitch.
Martial is not Bayern material.

Aye, Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah couldn't get into Mourinho's team either. Not Bayern material either, eh?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Hardrade wrote:See? This is the problem of extending Robbery. A player is almost offering himself on a silver platter and everyone has to consider aging “talismans” who can’t accept reality and throw tantrums when they are on the bench.

Just for your info, Robben and Ribéry haven't extended yet. They've got a contract offer which I'm pretty sure at least Robben will refuse as he's not going to stay here as a back-up.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Remember that this is the same Mourinho who let KDB,Bonucci,Salah and Tiago leave his clubs. Martial is one of the best and Manchester will regret this decision badly.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Evan van Essen » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 am

My only problemen with buying martial is playing a right-footed player on the rightwing, which leaves us noone to cut inside, this way kimmich has less space to overlap and get his crosses in.
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:56 am

That might be a good thing. Kimmich has recently forgotten that part of his job description is related to defense :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm

MoFattal wrote:That might be a good thing. Kimmich has recently forgotten that part of his job description is related to defense :D

I can't tell if you're joking or being serious - seems to be a bit of both, and I agree. Kimmich's defensive positioning lately has been poor. He drifts forward too much, pushes our wings inside, and we end up practically playing a back three except you've got our CBs spread all over the pitch to cover. Makes way too many gaps in the defense. Having a winger like Coman whose #1 job can just be to get down the touchline and cross it into the box can allow for Kimmich to stay back and better positioned rather than always looking for a cut-inside winger to overlap with.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Ok, so people who want a right winger... What do we do with Müller and James? Do we bench one of them? Do we play 4141 with both of them (while keeping 4 of our 5 midfielders on the bench)? What do we do?

If we bring Martial in, it should be to compete with Coman for the LW. Müller must play on the RW like it or not.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby Hardrade » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:12 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Ok, so people who want a right winger... What do we do with Müller and James? Do we bench one of them? Do we play 4141 with both of them (while keeping 4 of our 5 midfielders on the bench)? What do we do?

If we bring Martial in, it should be to compete with Coman for the LW. Müller must play on the RW like it or not.

You forget that James can be deployed as a CM, which means rotation with Thiago/Goretzka depending on availibility and tactical requirements of the match. Also, He can be combined with Muller in aforementiomed 4-1-4-1 from time to time.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Hardrade wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Ok, so people who want a right winger... What do we do with Müller and James? Do we bench one of them? Do we play 4141 with both of them (while keeping 4 of our 5 midfielders on the bench)? What do we do?

You forget that James can be deployed as a CM, which means rotation with Thiago/Goretzka depending on availibility and tactical requirements of the match. Also, He can be combined with Muller in aforementiomed 4-1-4-1 from time to time.
No, I didn't forget. I think it's retarded.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News