You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alan Smith

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Alan Smith

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:43 am

Manchester United striker Alan Smith is hoping for a loan move to Bayern Munich after turning down offers to join Newcastle, Everton and Aston Villa on loan.

I guess this depends a lot on whether Hargreaves would be moving in the opposite direction.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:29 pm

Noo we don't want him.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:08 pm

We dont want another reserve striker for sure :lol: .Useless to discuss these funny and stupid rumours made my english media.Brown,o shea and now smith.Theyre very good at this
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Mirage wrote:Noo we don't want him.

firstly, like dracus i doubt any of this is true... but I actually think he'd be a good move...

at least on loan, he give his all in every game and still has ther ability to finish and create chances
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 am

I am a HUUUUUUUUGE FAN of Alan Smith!!!!..
so I would definitely welcome. But not in exchange for Owen.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 pm

I just don't think he's up to it. He doesn't have a place in the Man U first team, why should he at Bayern. I swear sometimes the english media undervalues the Bundesliga.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:34 pm

Mirage wrote:sometimes the english media undervalues the Bundesliga.

Sometimes? I'd say that the Bundesliga is vastly underrated compared to the top leagues in the world. In the Champions League, the media rates us as under-dogs for the majority of the matches we play.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:45 pm

Mirage wrote: I swear sometimes the english media undervalues the Bundesliga.

Not sometimes but all the time. There are two British guys who host a football phone in show on Fox Soccer Channel and XM radio (I think) and they even made the comment that the Bundesliga does not get the credit that they deserve. They said it's one of the better leagues but a lot of folks don't see that and but they really couldn't pinpoint the reason why.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
Mirage wrote:sometimes the english media undervalues the Bundesliga.

Sometimes? I'd say that the Bundesliga is vastly underrated compared to the top leagues in the world. In the Champions League, the media rates us as under-dogs for the majority of the matches we play.

that's because for most of the teams from spain italy and england, at least those who we meet in european football, we are the underdogs, think about it

AC, Inter, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barca, Real... these leagues have got massive advantages over the bundesliga and with the amount of interest and takeovers in the premiership, the gap will just increase
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:14 pm

People THINK we are the underdogs. Just look at 99. I knew we were capable of reaching the final... that season we met Barcelona and Man Utd, and I felt we were better than them and could beat them. Same thing in 2001... I didn't think we were underdogs against any team we played. Nowadays, maybe. But this snobbing of the Bundesliga has been going on ever since I've been following football.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:21 pm

it might sound harsh, but we had a much better team those days!

elber, effe, scholl, jeremies, paulo sergio, these were so much better than the karimis, dos santos, santa cruz....
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:21 pm

I think the biggest problem is the lack of big stars in the bundesliga. Most german clubs cannot afford to attrack big names like Kaka or Ronaldiho, so therefor the bundesliga is considered less attractive. the reasons are mainly financial (Real Madrid just signed a contract for selling their broadcasting rights, they will receive 1.1 Billion EURO spread over the next 7 seasons) but also the fact that Brazilians and Argentines feel better at home in Spain and Italy where the sun shines more often :)

Hoeness once encouraged the other germans teams to buy biggers stars, and looking at the development of Diego (Bremen) i think that in the next couple of years the bundesliga can get better rates.

Another positive point is that the bundesliga got the highest amount of visitors!! For instance Bayern always have a sold out 69000 crowd when playing home, but also Dortmunt, Schalke and Bremen have lots of visitors.. maybe its because of the past WC this summer, dont know.

we can only hope that bayern does well this Champions League so the other big guns reconsider us as candidates !!

cheerz
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:27 pm

kevh26 wrote:it might sound harsh, but we had a much better team those days!

elber, effe, scholl, jeremies, paulo sergio, these were so much better than the karimis, dos santos, santa cruz....

Definitely. Just the midfield of Effenberg, Matthaeus (he went up often), Basler and Scholl sends a shiver down my spine. We don't have players along those lines anymore.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:30 pm

I know, plus LIZERAZU!!!!!!

anyhoo, the main problem surrounding german clubs and the bundesliga on the whole is the restrictions the DFB put on ownership of clubs, there cant be any 'suger daddy' abramovich style owners... that and of course the amounts paid for tv rights are appauling..
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby frankie13 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:31 pm

we dont want that tart here he is crap
frankie13
Getting the hang of it

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News