You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Afonso Alves [Afonso Alves Martins Júnior]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Afonso Alves [Afonso Alves Martins Júnior]

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 am

Bayern are apparently interested in Heerenveen's player Afonso Alves. He's 26 years old and Brazilian.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby charger256 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:06 am

Also heard that Manchester City are after Alves. Heerenveen are demanding for him 15 millions Euros.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby alex » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:24 pm

we can top Manchester city. But the problem is that Chelsea look very much interested. Hopefully their interest will decrease if they capture David Villa, otherwise who can beat their millions?
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:23 pm

wow i just saw he has 30 goals in 30 matches this season :shock:
we should definitely sign him.

Afonso Alves
Personal information
Full name: Afonso Alves Martins Jr
Date of birth: January 20, 1981
Place of birth: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Height: 185 cm
Playing position: Striker

Career Stats:
Years Club App (Gls)*

2002-2003 Atlético-MG ? (?)

2003-2004 Örgryte IS 39 (23)

2004-2005 Malmö FF 48 (26)

2006-present SC Heerenveen 30 (30)
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fhg2005 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:46 pm

I say GO GO GO! If we lose Santa Cruz, Pizzaro, and if the rumours are true about Makaay...we're gonna need strikers, and he seems to be an excellent option. again...30 goals in 30 games? that's DISGUSTING. :shock:
fhg2005
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Duncan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:02 pm

and how many of them were against lower tier clubs?

5 against Willem II Tilburg
2 against Den Haag
2 against Almelo

This is for putting things into perspective. In Holland it is simply easier to score goals than in Germany or England. That doesn't mean signing him would or must be a mistake, but it is important to get the expectations straight. Neither is Huntelaar a messias nor is Alves. Solely looking at their stats only leads to overrating them and for Huntelaar this is already the case
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:10 pm

Agreed, we can't expect to buy a striker who will score 30 goals in the Bundesliga each season, it just won't happen. But I'm convinced that he'd be more prolific than Santa Cruz :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:53 pm

no offence to Roque, but I could be more prolific!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Walls » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:34 pm

kevh26 wrote:no offence to Roque, but I could be more prolific!

lol

even freaking keeper Ceni has scored 70 goals in his career.
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby soccerkyle » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:13 pm

He wont have that kind od success in the BL but he is a talented striker who can help our team. Plus he is very good on free kicks which is always a bonus
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby iplayfm2007 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:39 pm

in my opinion he isn't good for a giant team like bayern munchen :(
iplayfm2007
Getting the hang of it

Postby diegis » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:26 pm

iplayfm2007 wrote:in my opinion he isn't good for a giant team like bayern munchen :(

bayern isnt a "giant" team anymore :?
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby xevi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:10 pm

in any case we don't need him. i think we can't compare him with klose or toni. he would be for the bench. but i prefer have klose, podolski, makaay + schlaudraff if it's necessary
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:48 pm

supr4king wrote:
iplayfm2007 wrote:in my opinion he isn't good for a giant team like bayern munchen :(

bayern isnt a "giant" team anymore :?

yup...they arent giants since 2001... Stuttgart is a better team now...and that says a lot...
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:18 am

go for it, maybe he will be a good sub BUT who knows ?
Brazilian strikers and generally Brazilians always played very good at Bayern.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News