You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Afonso Alves [Afonso Alves Martins Júnior]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Postby soccerkyle » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:38 am

We really need more Brazilians and he would be a solid pickup
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:27 pm

and Alves is one of those Brazilians we need.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:56 pm

Hello. I am a fan of SC Heerenveen. I am a clubcard-holder and I see all the matches. Transfer rumours are also going around in Dutch media about our Fenomeno, Afonso Alves.

Last summer we bought him for about 4,5M euros, knowing he had talent. But we never expected him to be such an amazing goalscorer. Yesterday he crushed Feyenoord all alone. We won 5-1, he scored 4 goals (2 amazing free-kicks from more then 30 metres) and finished with 34 goals out of 31 appearances. We will now be in the playoffs for CL, against Ajax. If Alves keeps up this pace, we'll surely have a big chance to grab the CL preliminary spot.

During the season many clubs have been linked to him, the only problem is his price tag. Our chairman wants at least 20M for him. This is also due to a percentage of the fee (20%) going to the former club Malmö FF. Some of the clubs linked to him: Spartak Moscow, CSKA Moscow, Zenith St Petersburg, Ajax, PSV, Portsmouth, Man City, Chelski, Valencia and also Bayern.

As I am a Bayern fan, for me it is clear Bayern has to take the opportunity to sign Alves. Of course I want him to stay, but he'll be worth signing. He is not at all a "Brazilian-type". He is a killer. No-one can disturb him, he never shows any emotion. He is a sort of Makaay. Clinical. If he takes a shot, 95% of them are shot with huge power at goal. Even the best goalkeepers fear his "banana-shots", unpredictable torpedo's.

He definitely could be your new "Elber" - revelation. But are u willing to pay around 20M for a striker of an unknown club? In my opinion he is far better than Huntelaar, our former star and now playing for Ajax.
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:24 pm

Thabks for this, Abe84, and welcome to the forum! He does seem to be very good. Not sure about preferring him to Huntelaar though, as Huntelaar is younger... having said that, our chances of landing Huntelaar are next to nothing.

What about assists? Is he good at that? One reason why Bayern are after Klose is that he gives a lot of assists to the other attackers.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Hello too Mutu and other users here!

Well, actually Alves is there to score goals. He is not a player who will give lots of assists. He simply doesn't care, because he knows chances are bigger to score if he takes the shot himself. Maybe max 5-8 assists per season. He is just upfront to shoot from all angles. Huntelaar might give more assists. (He is also tagged at +-20M by Ajax)

I can explain why I prefer him to Huntelaar. Its all about pace. Huntelaar is one of the best "strikers-in-the-box". He is the type who can score loads of goals, when there are a lot of players who can give him the right ball in. At Heerenveen we had Yildirim, who put in loads of decent crosses. Huntelaar is not a player who will create chances himself. He lacks pace, pure acceleration. Alves is fast as lightning, creates his own chances. More likely to succeed at the highest level. Huntelaar moves like a jumbojet turning at the airstrip. But when the other players are capable of getting him close to goal, he is fantastic. Alves needs space to score, Huntelaar doesn't.

Difference: Alves --- player who has a great effectiveness in counterplay
Huntelaar: --- player who will be great when you dominate play

Thats why I compare Alves to Makaay. Pacey and clinical. But, in fact age can play a role. I mean 20M for a 26 year old striker is quite much. Huntelaar is a couple of years younger, he'll probably have the possibility to develop himself. More than Alves. But at the moment it's clear there is only one world class striker in our league: Alves.
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:02 pm

Abe84 wrote:Thats why I compare Alves to Makaay. Pacey and clinical.

except alves makes himself visable on the pitch lol. but on a more serious note from the insight which u gave us it sounds like alves would be ideal for us as especially if you want to see it as a direct replacement of makaay (and even more especially in a possible exchange deal as makaay wants to go back home) its perfect. makaay in his time was a fantastic striker (as u said, clinical and pacey) but his prime years are over and if we were to buy a new striker, why not buy a new makaay? i repeat, it would a perfect direct replacement.

but on the other hand i doubt we would spend more money on another assuming that the luca toni deal is fact, not fiction. and after all, if we do have luca toni, he is quite clinical himself too.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:16 pm

It would be a huge boost for Bayern to sign Toni, Bayern simply needs players of his class to get themselves on top again. I think Toni/Podolski would be a very nice couple. Bayern cannot afford Alves and Toni, its too expensive. Though it would be an incredible striker couple, who do fit well (they are both totally different players except one thing: scoring).
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:34 pm

Look at this. It is a video, made by one of the Feyenoord fans about the 5-1 of Alves. A nice free-kick again. As we see former superstar Pierre van Hooijdonk standing in the wall crying and awaiting the free-kick.

A must see, its fun! :)
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:40 pm

See it. The first time I saw footballer crying in a match, not after. :cry:
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Abe84 wrote: We will now be in the playoffs for CL, against Ajax. If Alves keeps up this pace, we'll surely have a big chance to grab the CL preliminary spot.

Hey Abe84 welcome.

Now I don't understend how is Heerenveen going to play against Ajax for CL spot when they are in fifth position with 55 points and Ajax is in second with 75?
FC Bajern

Postby diegis » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:53 pm

FC Bajern wrote:Now I don't understend how is Heerenveen going to play against Ajax for CL spot when they are in fifth position with 55 points and Ajax is in second with 75?

well thats the weird dutch system... :roll:
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8468/playoffsystemxa8.jpg
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:01 pm

I have to say the new playoff system in Holland is weird and unfair. Our national football association brought it in for commercial reasons. Lets say:

Nr 1 = champions and direct Cl football in group stage
Nr.2/3/4/5= Playoff for one Cl preliminary place. First nr 2 will play nr 5 and nr 3 will play nr.4.

The winners will play in a final for the CL ticket. The winner grabs the ticket, the other ones will have UEFA cup football.

Nr 6/7/8/9 will play a same kind of minitournament for one UEFA cup ticket.

Its an unfair system, because we got ourselves 20 points less than Ajax, but we'll have a chance to grab CL. How unfair that would be. Last year the final of the playoffs was between Ajax (nr4) and Groningen (nr 5). They both should have played UEFA cup....
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:09 pm

hahaahahah omg, so second place or fifth is the same sh!t.
That sucks for he second placed team :lol: maybe it should be the same in Germany for this year
FC Bajern

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:17 pm

Its total rubbish. I mean, we will play Ajax without any pressure, 5th place was our goal and we grabbed it. So this is some kind of extra for us. While Ajax is thriving on Cl money. If the miss Champions League they will have to sell their best players...

Another reason which makes it bullshit is the way some new teams like AZ are performing and they don't get any reward. They have a great team, play very nice attacking football. But now, they finish 2nd or 3d, they are all tired and very disappointed and now they have to battle some shitty teams as Heerenveen (or SC Alves as they prefer to say here) :lol: In the old system nr 2 grabbed the Cl spot....

For my team its rubbish too: we are always around place 5 and sometimes we have a outstanding season and finish 3d or 2nd. In this system it does not differ. 2nd or 5th.
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:52 pm

Abe84 wrote:Hello. I am a fan of SC Heerenveen. I am a clubcard-holder and I see all the matches. Transfer rumours are also going around in Dutch media about our Fenomeno, Afonso Alves.

Last summer we bought him for about 4,5M euros, knowing he had talent. But we never expected him to be such an amazing goalscorer. Yesterday he crushed Feyenoord all alone. We won 5-1, he scored 4 goals (2 amazing free-kicks from more then 30 metres) and finished with 34 goals out of 31 appearances. We will now be in the playoffs for CL, against Ajax. If Alves keeps up this pace, we'll surely have a big chance to grab the CL preliminary spot.

During the season many clubs have been linked to him, the only problem is his price tag. Our chairman wants at least 20M for him. This is also due to a percentage of the fee (20%) going to the former club Malmö FF. Some of the clubs linked to him: Spartak Moscow, CSKA Moscow, Zenith St Petersburg, Ajax, PSV, Portsmouth, Man City, Chelski, Valencia and also Bayern.

As I am a Bayern fan, for me it is clear Bayern has to take the opportunity to sign Alves. Of course I want him to stay, but he'll be worth signing. He is not at all a "Brazilian-type". He is a killer. No-one can disturb him, he never shows any emotion. He is a sort of Makaay. Clinical. If he takes a shot, 95% of them are shot with huge power at goal. Even the best goalkeepers fear his "banana-shots", unpredictable torpedo's.

He definitely could be your new "Elber" - revelation. But are u willing to pay around 20M for a striker of an unknown club? In my opinion he is far better than Huntelaar, our former star and now playing for Ajax.

welcome abe....nice words there...Now the name Alves sounds interesting to me..:P...but 20 M?? ...maybe we won't sign him..lets see what happens..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News