You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
3%
Great
14%
Very good but not great
21%
Decent
24%
Average
17%
Below average
3%
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
3%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 pm

tflags wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

A lot of fuss was made years ago with Bayern's statement that it wasn't a "seller" club. This statement can still be considered correct, as crazy-ass offers for T. Mueller have fallen on deaf ears and Costa's departure was more than justifiable; a necessary measure to keep a good atmosphere among the remaining squad. The only other notable departure was T. Kroos, by his own motivation and request.

So while it feels good not to be required to sell players, Bayern has certainly brought measures to correct the lack of youth development experienced in the last years. The last notable player to come out of the youth ranks being David Alaba. Hopefully the new academy will correct the lack of alternatives from the very small group that used to compose the entire selection of young players at Bayern's headquarters.

One problem Bayern is facing however is inbound transfers. While Bayern is NOT a seller of talent and is busy developing new in-house grown talent, the team has been negligent in keeping and attracting those players it identifies as potential stars before anyone else.

If Bayern brings S. Wagner in January, that would represent the second 'used to be one of us' former player to come home for which the team has had to spend hefty cash on.

By relegating Tolisso to a mere rotating role, Bayern would have spent the most money in players who where rendered either useless, premature or simply non-essential during the last transfer seasons in the form of Goetze, Tolisso and Sanches.

So the point of this post is that Bayern is certainly NOT a seller club, it isn't a talent developer anymore (at least not yet) and the last transfer seasons could only be graded at a disappointing E-.

Seeing news from Isiah that Bayern has confirmed the sale of Costa for 46 million, I wonder if Bayern is still the only 'top 4' club to have voluntarily collected more money for a player than it has invested in one.

If Bayern is not a seller club, it sure as hell isn't a buying one.
Well, while I agree with the core of your argument, I think the Costa example is misguided. We bought him before a huge spike in inflation and sold him at the middle of it, so we naturally sold for more than we bought. He is a mediocre player anywayz so who cares?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 am

Seems like Barcelona will try hard to sign Mesut Oezil in winter and the price would be around 20M as his contract expires in 2018

Oezil + Messi sounds scary :shock:

Arguably the second best passer in the world and the best footballer ever =P~
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Arguably the second best passer in the world and the best footballer ever =P~

Or two of the laziest footballers in world history. Please, let that happen. I'd like to see a hard-working German club hitting 'em for 7 again.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Not like the Neymar or Suarez are hard working either, and they brought the treble back home :wink:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Not like the Neymar or Suarez are hard working either, and they brought the treble back home :wink:

And last time they met a German club coached by a German in the knockout stages of the Champions League, they were hit for 7.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Valerio » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:19 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
tflags wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

A lot of fuss was made years ago with Bayern's statement that it wasn't a "seller" club. This statement can still be considered correct, as crazy-ass offers for T. Mueller have fallen on deaf ears and Costa's departure was more than justifiable; a necessary measure to keep a good atmosphere among the remaining squad. The only other notable departure was T. Kroos, by his own motivation and request.

So while it feels good not to be required to sell players, Bayern has certainly brought measures to correct the lack of youth development experienced in the last years. The last notable player to come out of the youth ranks being David Alaba. Hopefully the new academy will correct the lack of alternatives from the very small group that used to compose the entire selection of young players at Bayern's headquarters.

One problem Bayern is facing however is inbound transfers. While Bayern is NOT a seller of talent and is busy developing new in-house grown talent, the team has been negligent in keeping and attracting those players it identifies as potential stars before anyone else.

If Bayern brings S. Wagner in January, that would represent the second 'used to be one of us' former player to come home for which the team has had to spend hefty cash on.

By relegating Tolisso to a mere rotating role, Bayern would have spent the most money in players who where rendered either useless, premature or simply non-essential during the last transfer seasons in the form of Goetze, Tolisso and Sanches.

So the point of this post is that Bayern is certainly NOT a seller club, it isn't a talent developer anymore (at least not yet) and the last transfer seasons could only be graded at a disappointing E-.

Seeing news from Isiah that Bayern has confirmed the sale of Costa for 46 million, I wonder if Bayern is still the only 'top 4' club to have voluntarily collected more money for a player than it has invested in one.

If Bayern is not a seller club, it sure as hell isn't a buying one.
Well, while I agree with the core of your argument, I think the Costa example is misguided. We bought him before a huge spike in inflation and sold him at the middle of it, so we naturally sold for more than we bought. He is a mediocre player anywayz so who cares?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I agree about the latter part.
Nowdays any crap young unknown player worth is at least 25m I mean ANYTHING below 26yrs old.
From what I see Costa is a no brainer player and not in the good way.
Give him the ball and he runs that's it. 46m is overpriced by at least 15m imo.

Bayern is not a selling club anyway.
Do you remember the last starter you sold? I don't.
Because Kroos was on a expiring contract so management was forced to sell if not it was free few months after it.
25m at that time wasn't a low fee anyway.

If you want to talk about selling club that's more Juventus.
Year in year out selling at least 1 starter if not more.... at least guys you're lucky on that pov.

The problems with Bayern at the moment are the retiring players like Robben which hardly can be replaced and those bought to replace them aren't on the same level and some aging like Vidal,Muller,Lewandoski,Hummels and Boateng all above 28 closer to 30yrs old

All in all Bayern has the money to replace but you need to find the rights players.
But sadly with PSG and PL ransacking all the good players for abnormal fees every players which is remotely decent is getting pricey to a mad level.
And for teams that actually need to keep in check their revenues is getting harder.

At this point rather than James Rodriguez maybe the german Ozil+Sanchez from Arsenal would have made wonders for Bayern
The problem is their wages. Crazy as hell
Valerio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:59 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Not like the Neymar or Suarez are hard working either, and they brought the treble back home :wink:

And last time they met a German club coached by a German in the knockout stages of the Champions League, they were hit for 7.

When did that happen? :shock:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
MUTU wrote:

When did that happen? :shock:

A little more than 4 years ago.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Neymar was playing for Santos and Suarez for Liverpool :-k
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Neymar was playing for Santos and Suarez for Liverpool :-k

Luckily for them they weren't part of that debacle. Thinking about it, Neymar was lucky twice, also missing Brazil 1-7 Germany.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 pm

MUTU wrote:

Luckily for them they weren't part of that debacle. Thinking about it, Neymar was lucky twice, also missing Brazil 1-7 Germany.

Guess who was playing for that German side :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Guess who was playing for that German side :D

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 pm

I hope the club focus 100% on coach before starting our transfer campaign 18/19. We are not getting good players with our future strategy 100% uncertain.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Element » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 pm

The left winger position is now filled with Coman, Gnabry and possibly Ribery. We still need a right winger though, looking at the market, the following right wingers are interesting and available:

-Gareth Bale: Real Madrid are apparently ready to let him go if they receive a good offer. His talent is undeniable and with him being injury prone, he fits Bayern perfectly :twisted:

-Gelson Martins: the right winger of Sporting Lisbon is only 22 years old and has played 15 times for the Portuguese national team, he is very talented according to many reports. His agent recently said that English and German clubs have contacted him regarding Gelson Martins but did not name clubs.

-Christian Pulisic: Young, extremely talented and knows the league. BVB sucks in keeping players making him automatically available.

-Angel Di Maria: I don't think that he is happy with his current situation at Paris. If he plays up to his potential, he will definitely be a great addition to the squad.

-Riyad Mahrez: He is definitely leaving Leicester city either this winter or at the end of the season and will cost less than 50 million euros. He is 26 years old with great skills and if he plays like he played in the 2015-2016 season then we would have got ourselves a new superstar.

-Suso: AC Milan is a sinking ship, he is only 24 years old and i have only heard good things about him. He also became a player for the Spanish national team last month. Definitely a realistic target.
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Achilles » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Honestly, only Pulisic is -more- interesting while he is playing more as LW I think.
Bale when fit is equally good with Robben but he is a goner from that level, the guy can't stay fit more than a month, Robben looks like Iron Man compared to Bale's fitness, he fits perfectly fine to our game plan and he is much more a team player than Robben but injuries ruined him.
I'd like Fekir for the RW role but I don't know if he is willing to be transformed completely into a winger from a AM.

The other guys are all gambles(except Di Maria who is a major fraud) you never know though...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News