You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Your favourite winger signing?

Pulisic
37%
Bailey
23%
No one: renew Robbery
7%
No one, renew Robben
2%
No one, renew Ribery
No votes
Someone else
30%

Total votes : 43

Re: The Back Up Striker Search Thread

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Olivier Giroud and I am fine with the rest of the season.

He's good enough, but not enough to pose a threat to Lewa. He lost the competition with Lacazette so no 2018 WC for him regardless. He's 31 so he can play a good replacement of Pizarro, and better.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Eren Derdiyok - Gala
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:58 pm

It will be really difficult to sign a player that is under 33-34 years old because of next years World Cup. Players want to play regularly and even though Bayern is a great place to play the targets that have been mentioned above are really out of the question IMO. One name that I think is realistic is Robin van Persie. He's experienced, most likely ready to play as a reserve and could be used as a winger or backup for Muller and James. He's not playing to be at the World Cup next summer so he might want to join us until next summer. But he probably will ask for big wages and is injury prone.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Quincy Promes

Postby Dev0307 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 pm

What about this guy?
Dev0307
Hey, I'm new here!

Re: Quincy Promes

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 pm

He's a beast;singlehandedly destroyed Sevilla 2 weeks ago.

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Roonzil » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Did you really just open a new thread to ask 'what about this guy'??

Yikes.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Pelin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:06 am

RVP is Fenerbahce's 3rd striker and he is finished. Even the level of Turkish league is high for him. Same goes for Derdiyok. Very slow player. Can't make an impact at Gala. Gunes is a coach who knows how to outperform Turkish players, yet it's hard for them to reach that levels without Gunes. Dolberg is so overrated. He scored 2 goals and had an average perfonmance in a very weak league where the likes of Ünal made difference. Btw, l don't rate Ünal at all.

l'd prefer us to give a try to Evina instead all of them. Since all of them would be waste of money and space. Evina is strong and has pace. He can create space and can make things harders for Cb's with his pressing. he can do a good job. or maybe we better sign a player who can also play as winger.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 am

Nemanja Nikolic
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:48 am

Roonzil wrote:Did you really just open a new thread to ask 'what about this guy'??

Yikes.

Posts moved. Please discuss all possible striker back up options on this thread. Thnks.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:08 am

Personally I think the best solution for us is someone like Sanchez. Not saying go out and get him, but just someone in that mold. Lewy is going to play 90% of matches or more if he's healthy. So we aren't gonna find anyone even close to his quality as a backup. It's either the old journeyman or some young kid. With that in mind I think it would be more efficient all around to find someone who can play all forward positions. Like Sanchez, who can play striker but also on wings. We will need a winger soon too, so perhaps can kill two birds with one stone. Not sure who the ideal candidate is for that (so I know I'm not much help), but for me we'll have a lot better luck with that approach rather than trying to find just a pure CF as a backup.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 am

aterford wrote:Personally I think the best solution for us is someone like Sanchez. Not saying go out and get him, but just someone in that mold. Lewy is going to play 90% of matches or more if he's healthy. So we aren't gonna find anyone even close to his quality as a backup. It's either the old journeyman or some young kid. With that in mind I think it would be more efficient all around to find someone who can play all forward positions. Like Sanchez, who can play striker but also on wings. We will need a winger soon too, so perhaps can kill two birds with one stone. Not sure who the ideal candidate is for that (so I know I'm not much help), but for me we'll have a lot better luck with that approach rather than trying to find just a pure CF as a backup.

You mentioned Sanchez again and I started to recall his struggle not to join us this summer.

Earlier James had an interview and said, 1. Munchen is a small city; 2. It's really, really cold.

I don't want to defend these people but it makes sense if they just don't want to come. Bayern bought German + French + Eastern European players for a reason. There are South Americans / Spaniards / Portuguese that likes us, I would love them on our team, but, unfortunately, they are the minority.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Re: The SSS Thread: The Search for the Second Striker.

Postby Coman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am

IsiahRashad wrote:1. Alassane Pléa;as i said many times - he's one of my favourites;very underrated;24 YO,can start for many teams;his contract is ending in 2018,so we can get him for cheap;

I agree it's a good player.
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng(Süle), Hummels(Süle), Alaba - Vidal(Martinez) - Robben(Müller), Müller(James), Thiago(Vidal), Ribéry(Coman) - Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Manchu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:54 pm

aterford wrote:Personally I think the best solution for us is someone like Sanchez. Not saying go out and get him, but just someone in that mold. Lewy is going to play 90% of matches or more if he's healthy. So we aren't gonna find anyone even close to his quality as a backup. It's either the old journeyman or some young kid. With that in mind I think it would be more efficient all around to find someone who can play all forward positions. Like Sanchez, who can play striker but also on wings. We will need a winger soon too, so perhaps can kill two birds with one stone. Not sure who the ideal candidate is for that (so I know I'm not much help), but for me we'll have a lot better luck with that approach rather than trying to find just a pure CF as a backup.

Well, my choices are
1. Our Lord and Emperor Mario Gomez
2. Theo Walcott
3. Olivier Giroud
4. Sandro Wagner

Of these, Theo Walcott fits your profile well. He's pretty good both as a winger and a forward and is so unfavored at Arsenal that his tranfers fee could not be that expensive, is willing to spend a lot of time on the bench, has little chance of breaking into England's world cup squad without a move, and can play both as a winger on both sides and as a center forward.

Most people would say that he isn't good enough for Arsenal, much less Bayern, but I question that narrative:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Walcott has historically collected scorer point in the EPL at an exceptionally high rate for a winger, especially a non-inverted right winger who hardly ever shoots with his left foot or plays as a left winger.

Moreover, he is at more than decent as a center forward. He has 14 goals and 8 assists in 1840 minutes at that position, which means that he accumulates scorer points at a rate of about 1 per 90 minutes played as a striker, a rate similar to Lewandowski(admittedly, Walcott has probably done this playing against weaker opposition, albeit with a worse team).

Finally, and most importantly from my prospective, his goalimpact is unusually high and easily good enough to fight for a starting place with us.

How is he so good this even though most people think he offers nothing but speed?
Simple. He reads the game well and times his runs excellently, allowing him to often get behind the opposition's defensive line easily, and once he is behind no one is going to catch him(the very threat of this, which we were lacking against Celtic without Lewandowski), pushes the other team's line back and opens up more space in the midfield). Also, he has striker or at least goalpoacher instincts and positions himself very well in the box. Finally, his dribbling ability is at least decent.

On the other hand, he's short, so he's not a good aerial target, and his playmaking ability is somewhat lacking.

In short, Walcott would both be able to reinforce our attacking midfield, where we desperately need more players, and operate as both a backup striker and a striker which offers something very different from Lewandowski, something more like Timo Werner.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:21 pm

How about Belotti, Embolo or Ndiaye Diedhio?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Belotti?

Torino were asking for some 100M last summer IIRC :shock: [-X
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News