You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
3%
Great
14%
Very good but not great
21%
Decent
24%
Average
17%
Below average
3%
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
3%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Achilles wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Forsberg can be a good option to replace Ribery , I saw him play again vs Italy and he was the most dangerous...

I like him too but he lacks the explosiveness to be a winger, he is a kind of old school right midfielder mostly with a deadly foot.
I think he is better on a central role.

Wingers must be fast,agile and explosive monster athletes, Forsberg isn't that kind of player, he excels though in different areas.
Problem is that there many good/great right footed wingers but no left footed(inverted) wingers. You won't find any good name there.
True he lacks that fire... but I think his style might suit us

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Achilles wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Forsberg can be a good option to replace Ribery , I saw him play again vs Italy and he was the most dangerous...

I like him too but he lacks the explosiveness to be a winger, he is a kind of old school right midfielder mostly with a deadly foot.
I think he is better on a central role.

Wingers must be fast,agile and explosive monster athletes, Forsberg isn't that kind of player, he excels though in different areas.
Problem is that there many good/great right footed wingers but no left footed(inverted) wingers. You won't find any good name there.

Sané, Bernardo, Dembélé... We skipped on all of them...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:16 pm

#12 wrote:Sané, Bernardo, Dembélé... We skipped on all of them...

We did and it was a mistake but why you always bring the past in every conversation, past tense... I don't care what or why they didn't approach these players or others such as my personal fav. player De Bruyne.

We talk about future know, those players are done and dusted for the next couple of years at least, the overestimated Sane is playing quite regularly for City and he is improving he costs -probably- more than €70m so he is out of reach and doesn't worth it while your prodigy Bernardo struggles a lot and will cost more than €50m of gamble for his unproven skills up until now and Dembele is out of reach for anybody with his transfer record.
So why are we keep talking about unlikely transfers rather than possible and quality transfer targets ? Just to stick it one more time to our "clueless,pathetic,useless,old" MGT ? I think we pretty much got it that you want the majority of the board out, saying it repeatedly won't make your wish true.

Any other likely good potential wingers to discuss ?
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:12 pm

No... That’s the thing... A talent like Sané and German and us wanting to be cheap... How can we miss out? You and me discussing prospects is not gonna do us anything good cause we’re not buying top or most likely even middle shelf anyway...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm

#12 wrote:No... That’s the thing... A talent like Sané and German and us wanting to be cheap... How can we miss out? You and me discussing prospects is not gonna do us anything good cause we’re not buying top or most likely even middle shelf anyway...

Yeah... because if we start crying about our misses like Sane or Dembele will lead us to glory or you never know, Uli & Co. might read this forum as we speak and act accordingly. Kimmich was a nobody as well, just saying... It's a forum for god's sake, anything we say won't affect any decision on the club that already has been made but I find it more beneficial to discuss about things that will be more likely rather than "signing Messi" or any other fairy tales of the past.

To be honest even if we have signed one of "your options" I think that you'll find something to moan again... looks like it's your daily dose to complain about something. We won't sign a 100m player, get over it, move on and don't complain about it as much as you may bark that won't change.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Again, read!
I‘ve said like a million times I don’t want us to sign someone for 100m... Want me to spell it out for you?!
I want DECENT scouting and management! And therefore I‘m pointing out their **** ups... A Kimmich in 3 years with all those other mediocre transfers is nit gonna help us much...
So I‘m fine with signing nobodies... But our current manager needs to google Thomas Lemar...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:37 pm

I have a lot of complaints about our scouting and recruitment, but we didn't skip on Dembele. Dembele wanted to join Dortmund. Sometimes a player just doesn't want to go to Bayern.

And considering Carlo's treatment of talent, he was absolutely right with his decision.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 pm

RedQueen wrote:I have a lot of complaints about our scouting, but we didn't skip on Dembele. Dembele wanted to join Dortmund. Sometimes a player just doesn't want to go to Bayern.

And considering Carlo's treatment of talent, he was absolutely right with his decision.

Yes - but he wanted to join Dortmund because they went for him first...
Also, our management appointed this coach... And we couldn’t offer any perspective because apparently we’re married to Ribéry...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 pm

"Recognizing and promoting is very important, but as a club like Bayern you have to be willing to make a big hit, which costs a lot," said the 72-year-old (Jupp Heynckes)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

We all know the names of the players we could've, should've signed over the last three seasons or so. But, we didn't for many reasons. Some wanted regular playing time (Dembele), some wanted to play for a certain coach (Sané) and some were just out of our price range or at least the board didn't want to spend so much on one single player (de Bruyne and Bernardo Silva). Some of them probably didn't want to join us for some reason.

I also think that our board thought players like Coman and Costa would work out as our next wingers. Obviously Costa is gone, but Coman could still be that player. Now we know that we need at least one winger for next season. Who we'll sign is still unknown, but it seems that Draxler is a clear favorite. Like it or not.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby bbenno » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm

We all know Draxler won’t be enough!
Ribery should be let go this summer with a possible 1 year extension of Robben.
But both guys are in decline and Coman is certainly not there yet.
If the board thinks Draxler can solve our wing problem, then I fear for next season.
Draxler could become WC, but that is a big ‘maybe’ and a gamble.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:52 pm

First we need to hire a coach, and then we need to buy players according to his needs.
We did splash the cash for Martinez in the past because it was Jupp's petition. Let's see who do we sign as a coach first and then decide.

But if we were to play our trademark 4-2-3-1 then I think Draxler would be an ideal fit in terms of quality and price tag plus he would adapt quickly to the team. Ribery is likely to be gone by summer so adding Draxler is clearly an improvement that would allow us to sign at least one more good player for a different position.

There's no way we can find a duo as good as Robbery in top form, but let's not forget they missed lot of games every year due to injuries and it was not only them playing. We can strengthen other positions as well.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I also think that our board thought players like Coman and Costa would work out as our next wingers. Obviously Costa is gone, but Coman could still be that player. Now we know that we need at least one winger for next season. Who we'll sign is still unknown, but it seems that Draxler is a clear favorite. Like it or not.

Robben has the guts and the personality to carry us in some games, Ribery is gone already can't give anything.
If Draxler is our only reinforcement in summer while both Ribery & Robben(mostly) will be out and we end up with Coman & Draxler as starters then we'll be in a very unfortunate situation, we can handle one prospect/gamble/promising player whatever either is Coman or Draxler but not both as starters, whatever many think about Coman atm he is a complete goof, Draxler looks like prime Robben compared to him...

OK let's sign Draxler, he is a decent player,experienced, he fits and he is already much better of his competitors(Coman,Gnabry) but that's not enough, we need another one for the other flank and in worst case scenario should be equal to Draxler otherwise... goodnight.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:53 pm

If Robben keeps up with his good form I would be satisfied with

Draxler, Coman, Mueller, Robben and James + Lewy and a backup striker
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:If Robben keeps up with his good form I would be satisfied with

Draxler, Coman, Mueller, Robben and James + Lewy and a backup striker

and Gnabry. :oops: 8)
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News