You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
3%
Great
14%
Very good but not great
21%
Decent
24%
Average
17%
Below average
3%
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
3%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:05 pm

When does the transfer market close in Germany?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:13 pm

At midnight on August 31
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:18 pm

gumboduncan wrote:At midnight on August 31

Thanks, was under the impression it tends to close a bit earlier in Germany

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RVABayern » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:59 pm

I fear we're heading for a downturn if we don't take action. Other clubs are making big moves and getting better. We could head for a Barca situation if we're not careful.
RVABayern
Getting the hang of it

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:14 pm

RVABayern wrote:I fear we're heading for a downturn if we don't take action. Other clubs are making big moves and getting better. We could head for a Barca situation if we're not careful.

Barca situation? They've won the CL in 2015, destroying us along the way... They are not as bad off as many here try them to make... They're still on our level at least...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:05 pm

#12 wrote:
RVABayern wrote:I fear we're heading for a downturn if we don't take action. Other clubs are making big moves and getting better. We could head for a Barca situation if we're not careful.

Barca situation? They've won the CL in 2015, destroying us along the way... They are not as bad off as many here try them to make... They're still on our level at least...

Not currently ..no..if we face them now i fancy us to win..leave alone expect or hope..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:48 pm

Actually after seeing a report on the internet the window closes at 18:00 CET tomorrow. Not at midnight. Sorry.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby RVABayern » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Wow our board sucks. They just hand away talent to other teams... Yet don't want to spend to put the best squad possible on the field.
RVABayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:When does the transfer market close in Germany?

Tomorrow at 6pm.

Transfer window closes: 
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pelin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:23 pm

No reason to panic if MGT returns to being smart and reacts quicker. Most clubs learned from their mistakes and they are not slow like before.They have one year and one year's mercato budget just for one winger. if they sign Brandt for 12.5 m euros and waste the rest money on non transfer related issues. we can say that we have the worst MGT ever and we are hopeless.

Every year there will be many new talents. l saw many talents until now. Only a few of them made it. For instance, there was 4-5 new Zidane. Ben Arfa, Gourcuff, Nasri, Menez, Taarabt e.t.c. All of them failed. What about new Messis? Dos Santos failed, Bojan failed, Munir failed,Deulofeu failed. there will always be hype and talents.italians had around 10 new Buffons. Only Donnarumma made it. Today is even different from the past, since talents are more overrated than ever.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby xevi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 am

We are short in attack. I've the feeling we are doing something but i don't see names except for lemar that could come today.

With this transfers and what we have seen these games this is the best line up we can do now:

-------------------------neuer
---------sule----------javi--------hummels

Kimmich--rudy/tolisso---thiago------alaba

--------muller------lewa------james
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:26 am

Added a poll to this thread so you can rate the summer transfer window.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 am

Overall, pretty decent. Tolisso is a great transfer in isolation though I'm not sure was a "need" right now. Süle was a great pickup. Rudy again is a good transfer but also not sure if he was a "need" either. Gnabry is relatively low-risk, but obviously not here at the moment. Making Coman permanent (does that count?) was great. James is a good pickup and I'm overall pleased, but I'll have to see him play for us more to get a better idea.

I don't know how many of you guys follow the NFL very well. But when drafting players in the NFL there is basically two schools of thought: draft according to need, or draft according to "best available". The "for need" school of thought says if you need a running back, you draft a running back. The "best available" school says you might need to draft a running back, but if there's a quarterback available for you to take who's a better overall player, you get him instead.

That is kinda how I feel Bayern's transfer window has went. IMO, our biggest needs were a backup CF, a left winger, and a CB. We addressed CB, but it feels like we went "best available" on the other two areas. Tolisso wasn't an express need and Rudy wasn't either. Same case with James, I think. But all three of them were likely the best guys we could get that met our criteria. I think with Tolisso the management made a smart move and even if we don't need him ASAP, we had the chance to make a good deal so we bought anyways. Rudy, he was free so of course we took, easy. James - might not have been the best fit, but depending on how much the club was willing to spend (or what system Ancelotti wants to play - blech) he may have been the best player we could get.
Gnabry of course checks a need IF he's here - but he's not, so the verdict is kinda out there.

I hope I don't sound too pessimistic. Overall it was a good window, but I would've liked to have seen us do something to address LW and CF, or at least not send out Gnabry...
aterford
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:00 am

Oh - and as far as outgoing is concerned?
Benatia - bye boi, got a good price for him as far as I'm concerned
Costa - assume he will get sold permanently down the line. Honestly kinda undecided on this. I liked Costa okay, I think if he'd been starting consistently he'd still be here and would be a fine option at LW (like, if Ribery had decided to retire at end of 15/16 Costa is probably our starter all last season and I think he does well)
Gaudino - was never gonna make it tbh
Badstuber - will miss him, but playing-wise we're not losing anything. Hope he comes back in a management/staff capacity some day.
Sanches - fantastic loan deal IMO. Big fee money-wise and no buy-option, plus Clement knows him and will get him ample playing time, I think.
Lahm, Alonso - :cheers: Enjoy retirement lads.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:40 pm

aterford wrote:Overall, pretty decent. Tolisso is a great transfer in isolation though I'm not sure was a "need" right now. Süle was a great pickup. Rudy again is a good transfer but also not sure if he was a "need" either. Gnabry is relatively low-risk, but obviously not here at the moment. Making Coman permanent (does that count?) was great. James is a good pickup and I'm overall pleased, but I'll have to see him play for us more to get a better idea.

I don't know how many of you guys follow the NFL very well. But when drafting players in the NFL there is basically two schools of thought: draft according to need, or draft according to "best available". The "for need" school of thought says if you need a running back, you draft a running back. The "best available" school says you might need to draft a running back, but if there's a quarterback available for you to take who's a better overall player, you get him instead.

That is kinda how I feel Bayern's transfer window has went. IMO, our biggest needs were a backup CF, a left winger, and a CB. We addressed CB, but it feels like we went "best available" on the other two areas. Tolisso wasn't an express need and Rudy wasn't either. Same case with James, I think. But all three of them were likely the best guys we could get that met our criteria. I think with Tolisso the management made a smart move and even if we don't need him ASAP, we had the chance to make a good deal so we bought anyways. Rudy, he was free so of course we took, easy. James - might not have been the best fit, but depending on how much the club was willing to spend (or what system Ancelotti wants to play - blech) he may have been the best player we could get.
Gnabry of course checks a need IF he's here - but he's not, so the verdict is kinda out there.

I hope I don't sound too pessimistic. Overall it was a good window, but I would've liked to have seen us do something to address LW and CF, or at least not send out Gnabry...

As a NFL fan I adore your assessment!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News