You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
3%
Great
14%
Very good but not great
21%
Decent
24%
Average
17%
Below average
3%
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
3%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:17 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:PS: last time we had the "old English fashion of enlisting 3 CFs", we won the quadruple. Just sayin'.

Bayern won the quadrupple because Muller humbled Barza. Because Robben was switched to the left vs Dormund in London. Because Javi destroyed Dortmund's midfield in the 2H of that very same game.

Of the 7 goals Bayern scored vs Barza, the most celebrated two legged tie of the last decade bar none, only 1 goal was scored by a proper striker; from an offside position.

Would you PLEASE stop it with the decades old discussion about sitting down with 3 strikers and waiting 30 years for a CL title?

That's a simplistic view. Having backup strikers in 2012-13 allowed Mueller and Robben more rest, giving them the platform they needed to dominate Barcelona and win the CL final in London. Now Robben is old, and if Lewandowski is out and Mueller is covering for him, Robben will mostly not get any rest. So yes, a backup striker would (indirectly) help the wings, never mind what Ancelotti said about Mueller.

Lastly, can we please stop mentioning the Barcelona terror attack? It's too soon :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Have to side with Mutu here. I don't think anybody is suggesting we need a "Lewandowski quality" backup, but we literally have NO ONE.
We have Müller and a bunch of guys with FCB II. Isn't it a bit odd that every other team who's challenging for the UCL has figured out how to manage having a second CF on their first team roster and yet somehow this has eluded us?
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:44 pm

aterford wrote:Have to side with Mutu here. I don't think anybody is suggesting we need a "Lewandowski quality" backup, but we literally have NO ONE.
We have Müller and a bunch of guys with FCB II. Isn't it a bit odd that every other team who's challenging for the UCL has figured out how to manage having a second CF on their first team roster and yet somehow this has eluded us?

It's not cause we're not challenging for the CL - as our management has stated numerous times already and as is plain to see...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Pelin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:40 am

Robben injured again. Ribery is the worst performer in the last games. Yet still we don't think about signing at least a player who can play as winger and striker.

if Sanches leaves, our squad depth will be problematic.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:27 am

MUTU wrote:To those who doubt whether we should buy a backup striker, I challenge them to find a single professional club in the world (apart from Bayern) that has only one player in their squad who's primary position is of a centre forward.

PSG :P
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:11 am

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
MUTU wrote:To those who doubt whether we should buy a backup striker, I challenge them to find a single professional club in the world (apart from Bayern) that has only one player in their squad who's primary position is of a centre forward.

PSG :P
Cavani and Edouard.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:30 am

MUTU wrote:Edouard

Cmon, he’s barely a professional, plus has mainly played as a winger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am

He's more of a professional than our backup CF......some chap by the name of "Thin Air"
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Isabella » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:46 am

This is the last year without a decent backup for Lewy... Next year at least Gnabry will be here
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:32 am

Isabella wrote:This is the last year without a decent backup for Lewy... Next year at least Gnabry will be here

Sorry to disappoint, but...

Spoiler: show
Serge Gnabry

gnabry.PNG

Franck Ribery

ribery.PNG

Robert Lewandowski

lewandowski.PNG

... guess who Gnabry's meant to replace?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 am

Gnabry is going to be a super complex player for us.At Hoffenhein they are using him as a false 9 in many situations.
I'm not saying that he's a pure striker,but it's a lot,lot better than any of our current players as a striker,except of Lewa of course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Isabella » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:34 am

MUTU wrote:
Isabella wrote:This is the last year without a decent backup for Lewy... Next year at least Gnabry will be here

Sorry to disappoint, but...

... guess who Gnabry's meant to replace?

I know who Gnabry will be replace and I know he is a winger, but he is able to play also as centre forward or at least as false nine who is more than Muller can do... Or you think who Lewy will need a replacement for more than six/seven matches in one season?
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:58 am

Do you think Neuer needs a replacement for 6-7 matches in a season or should we have gone into the season with just one goalkeeper in the squad?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Isabella » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:47 pm

MUTU wrote:Do you think Neuer needs a replacement for 6-7 matches in a season or should we have gone into the season with just one goalkeeper in the squad?

Goalkeeper is a little different and I do not say who I think who Bayern is doing right... just who they value more the peace in dressing room than the security of an extra striker... And reserve goalkeepers at least know their chance of playing some matches is very little
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby Achilles » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:21 pm

MUTU wrote:Do you think Neuer needs a replacement for 6-7 matches in a season or should we have gone into the season with just one goalkeeper in the squad?

We need an emergency GK in fact, slightly better than Ulreich.
Pepe Reina was an excellent option back then, we need something like that, experience but not finished. A young GK won't work well with Neuer, he is untouchable(deservedly) and has at least 4 solid years in front of him if he stays healthy.

Adler would be perfect but I respect that he wants to continue to prove himself as a number one GK, I heard Stekelenburg is available, it would be a decent choice.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News