You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
3%
Great
14%
Very good but not great
21%
Decent
24%
Average
17%
Below average
3%
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
3%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Roonzil wrote:First time in a long while I'm going into a season not expecting anything in UCL.

Agreed 100%

Roonzil wrote:Real, City and perhaps even ManUtd look well balanced...we know injuries will hit us again. Let's see how far we go.

Come on now.. that's enough :lol:

I'd want to avoid the first two of those teams but United doesn't really scare me like Madrid, Juve or PSG.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:20 pm

America USA wrote:
Roonzil wrote:First time in a long while I'm going into a season not expecting anything in UCL.

Agreed 100%

Roonzil wrote:Real, City and perhaps even ManUtd look well balanced...we know injuries will hit us again. Let's see how far we go.

I'd want to avoid the first two of those teams but United doesn't really scare me like Madrid, Juve or PSG.

To be honest, the possibility of being knocked out by United is the scariest of them all for myself. The most supported club in Malta is Manchester United and I've been trolling United fans for several years now. I wouldn't be able to go out from home if that happened :?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:

Agreed 100%

To be honest, the possibility of being knocked out by United is the scariest of them all for myself. The most supported club in Malta is Manchester United and I've been trolling United fans for several years now. I wouldn't be able to go out from home if that happened :?

I'd be silently optimistic if we draw United in the Ro16. We just have too much quality in our team and should be able to win against Man Utd.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby JANCKER » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 pm

A backup striker would have to play even when Lewy is fit... otherwise every striker will refuse to join us. Not all is on our board, I see nothing to laugh there. We have a history of backup strikers becoming starting strikers, you know.
I could be a good striker sometimes, if they serve up on a plate.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby harry-muc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:03 am

MUTU wrote:
harry-muc wrote:i would laugh so hard, if lewandowski twists his knee and would be injured for 6 months on 1st september

Here you go, found just the page for you! :|

funny? fcbm 1900 is tattooed on my knuckles, i have nothing to prove. are you familiar with the term sarcasm? its just stupid and arrogant of our board, thats all.

JANCKER wrote:A backup striker would have to play even when Lewy is fit... otherwise every striker will refuse to join us. Not all is on our board, I see nothing to laugh there. We have a history of backup strikers becoming starting strikers, you know.
I could be a good striker sometimes, if they serve up on a plate.

i am not talking about a world class striker, im talking about a BACKUP. why should any striker refuse to join? look at juve for example...they have higuain and dybala...oh..and theres a noname...what was his name? manjucic? manzuzic?...oh..it was mandzukic... :mrgreen:
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 am

To those who doubt whether we should buy a backup striker, I challenge them to find a single professional club in the world (apart from Bayern) that has only one player in their squad who's primary position is of a centre forward.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am

Real Madrid :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Barcelona :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Real Madrid :D

Beeeeeep.

Wrong. Borja Mayoral returned from a loan at Wolfsburg.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Dortmund. 8)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Sevilla
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Barcelona, Dortmund, Sevilla all have two players who's main position is listed as centre forward, as per transfermarkt. Triple beeeeeeep to you tflags. You're eliminated, you used up all your three tries.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:32 pm

:lol: . Man you really need to let it go. Not to follow up on a pointless discussion but if you seriously want to call these teams as having a decades old English fashion of enlisting 3 CFs just to see if they can win the league with whatever counter they can mount, fine. Suit yourself.

I'm kinda hoping we enlist proper winger back ups before worrying about a third striker.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 pm

tflags wrote: :lol: . Man you really need to let it go. Not to follow up on a pointless discussion but if you seriously want to call these teams as having a decades old English fashion of enlisting 3 CFs just to see if they can win the league with whatever counter they can mount, fine. Suit yourself.

I'm kinda hoping we enlist proper winger back ups before worrying about a third striker.

Old fashion? I'm literally challenging you (you as in plural) to find me a single professional football club anywhere in the world that has only one centre forward, apart from Bayern. If 2+ is universal, then it's the trend, not old fashioned.

PS: last time we had the "old English fashion of enlisting 3 CFs", we won the quadruple. Just sayin'.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:46 pm

MUTU wrote:PS: last time we had the "old English fashion of enlisting 3 CFs", we won the quadruple. Just sayin'.

Bayern won the quadrupple because Muller humbled Barza. Because Robben was switched to the left vs Dormund in London. Because Javi destroyed Dortmund's midfield in the 2H of that very same game.

Of the 7 goals Bayern scored vs Barza, the most celebrated two legged tie of the last decade bar none, only 1 goal was scored by a proper striker; from an offside position.

Would you PLEASE stop it with the decades old discussion about sitting down with 3 strikers and waiting 30 years for a CL title?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News