You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
4%
Great
15%
Very good but not great
22%
Decent
22%
Average
15%
Below average
4%
Very bad but not terrible
11%
Terrible
4%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
4%

Total votes : 27

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:48 am

Effenberg: Neymar deal shows Bayern are falling behing European rivals [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 am

I wouldn't rush that much as Effenberg does, but we'll see what the future brings to Bayern.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Imo we should not fall into that trap...
We can always produce our players.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Imo we should not fall into that trap...

There is a population of 7.5 billion people. 107 boys are born to 100 girls, which makes the majority of youths being male. The majority won't ever have a football coach and maybe do a kickabout with friends. However, millions of males are training at youth training centers all around the world year after year and this number is increasing. The ones who are training with Bayern are nowhere close to 0.01%. The chances that the future Ballon d'Or winners are actually training at Bayern is incredibly small. In a nutshell, you cannot really rely on your youth training centers unless you're literally training several MILLIONS of prospective youths.

It's the laws of large numbers. One absolutely needs to buy. And buying we do, a lot of which happens indeed at youth level. How many players did Bayern FULLY produce, as in how many players came ONLY through our youth systems? Currently we have 1 player falling under that category with a professional contract: Fabian Benko. At least I found no information of him ever playing for any club other than Bayern and he was born in Munich.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:08 pm

The chances of developing the next Ballon d'Or winner are slim, but on the other hand I don't get your argument

Germany has some of the best players in the world and some of them have been Ballon d'Or contenders in the past. Bayern is the biggest club in Germany and they have scouts and do trials to get the best young German players. That's not always possible, but we've seen players like Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Müller or Kroos being developed in our club. I'm not talking about players that have only played for Bayern, there are some others like Kroos that were brought in to our academy when they were still young

But I do agree with one thing. If we want to remain competitive, we need to invest and spend money. There's nothing wrong with spending money for a player and I like that most of our transfers are smart and for a reasonable price. I wouldn't like us to become a team like Barcelona, Real Madrid or any team from Premier League

I was reading a list with the most expensive transfers of all time and the first Bayern signing on that list was nº45 or something like that (Tolisso)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby prasun77 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Imo we should not fall into that trap...

And become the next Ajax or Southampton..
Finally someone on same wavelength as me..
We need to increase our revenue big time..
We need a total revamp in our marketing dept.
Advertise better to improve our brand value which needs to be AT LEAST be doubled to stay afloat..
Sign players with better brand exposure and ferociously attack the South American and South Asian market where our exposure is PATHETIC!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 pm

we can also attract young foreigners ... not only Germans of course. Here is were the scouts come into the scene ,,,
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:31 pm

IMO we are doing well in that aspect

I just don't want to see Bayern in a bidding war with PSG or Real Madrid for top players. I like what RB Leipzig is doing. They have the money, but they are investing the money wisely unlike PSG or City who spent crazy sums to achieve nothing.

Top scouting, good coach, retain your stars and spend money based on your needs.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:30 pm

RB Leipzig's project is in early phases so you can't know what will happen in the coming years. in addition, their project is enough for top 3 for Bundesliga.

PSG just signed Neymar, seriously Neymar for 222 m euros is a bargain. The problem is Bayern doesn't want to get into debt. Yet, our revenue is already second best after United. considering Spanish teams have basketball, membership revenue e.t.c. in their revenue. However, we need to increase it massively. so that we can spend it on a top player without getting into debt.

if you sign James as statement signing, Peeps like Effenberg off course laugh off. Btw, l liked what Effenberg did. This will put pressure on MGT.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:07 pm

We'll see how much of a bargain it was...

You can make an all star team, but if there's no chemistry between them, they'll get run over by a TEAM.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Yep, Kalle. it's easier to loan James and present him like a superstar signing. That's what you did. Deceiving your own fans. in May, we will see the result of it. instead, Al Nasser made a big coup. He signed potential best player in the world, also best marketable player after 33 years old Ronaldo. A real statement signing. 222 m euros for him will pay off in term of Ligue 1 marketing, shirt sales and sponsorship deals. Their project in next level now and they are one of CL favourites. Even our own coach says they would fight until the end.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:56 pm

btw,l can't understand the wir können nicht part. We can obviously do. of course we need to get into debt a little bit but it will pay off in some years. l can respect their decision for not breaking salary balance, however, we can spend 100-150 m euros for a top player easily.

instead, we waste millions on non transfer related matters, rotation players. Next summer will decisive for Bayern's future, since they will have all transfer budget for a winger, plus Costa money. so they can easily do a 150 m euros signing. instead, l'm sure they will invent new excuses ando on like this. in this case, Effenberg's point makes more sense.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Hardrade » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:31 pm

150 mil on a winger... Who do you have in mind exactly? Or would you rather just throw big money at anyone just to feel important? :lol:

I am waiting for your excuses when PSG still ends up knocked out miserably and early, yet again :coffee:
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:45 pm

Pelin wrote:btw,l can't understand the wir können nicht part. We can obviously do. of course we need to get into debt a little bit but it will pay off in some years. l can respect their decision for not breaking salary balance, however, we can spend 100-150 m euros for a top player easily.

instead, we waste millions on non transfer related matters, rotation players. Next summer will decisive for Bayern's future, since they will have all transfer budget for a winger, plus Costa money. so they can easily do a 150 m euros signing. instead, l'm sure they will invent new excuses ando on like this. in this case, Effenberg's point makes more sense.

We won the treble, a few doubles and have been CL contenders for a long time because we were smart with our signings

Real bought Cristiano, Kaka, Benzema, Xabi Alonso and Albiol in the same transfer window and won nothing. City, PSG, United, Chelsea... they've been wasting money like idiots and yet they barely won anything

On the other hand we were smart and signed what we needed. Robben, Neuer, Boateng, Mandzukic, Dante, Javi Martinez.... none of them (except probably Neuer) was a big transfer at that time yet they were crucial in our success.

We've just signed James for peanuts. If City had signed James for 80M, I bet people would be complaining because of our cheap board. :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 pm

Hardrade wrote:150 mil on a winger... Who do you have in mind exactly? Or would you rather just throw big money at anyone just to feel important? :lol:

I am waiting for your excuses when PSG still ends up knocked out miserably and early, yet again :coffee:

Teams are signing World class players and increase their quality level. Yet, our MGT talks about this signings more than teams who signed players. it's tragicomic. Yep, we can spend 150 m euros for a winger. it was a response to wir können nicht part. instead, we will waste millions on rotation players and non transfer related matter and 34 years old Ribery will still play as stater.

We will see which team will do better in CL. PSG or us. Let's see. l will be waiting your excuses as well.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News