You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
5%
Great
14%
Very good but not great
29%
Decent
24%
Average
5%
Below average
5%
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
5%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
5%

Total votes : 21

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Hardrade » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:21 am

My kind gentlemen I'm drunk already and I still can't imagine a state I would be in if a gamr like this took place
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Lahmies » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:01 am

pyrasur wrote:
Lahmies wrote:Drinking game: take a shot every time Pelin uses the word "fodder".

How did I not think of this?? Sir this is a significant contribution to my happiness.

You're welcome! :wink:
Lahmies
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby aterford » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:03 am

Lahmies wrote:Drinking game: take a shot every time Pelin uses the word "fodder".

Are you trying to kill us all?
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ghett0 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:40 am

I'm not going to point fingers and name names, but I think too many of y'all play too much FIFA and think that FIFA is an accurate depiction of how transfers work in the real world.

Spending huge money on huge names is foolishness at this point. James was the name they bought to sell hope and to sell jerseys.

Bayern will likely grab 1 - 3 more promising young talents who can grow in to a role at Bayern rather than waste 100 Mil on a name just to sell more jerseys... (like the club isn't rich enough as it is.)

Keeping Müller is enough of an accomplishment at this point. Bayern are prone to have a bit of a dip in form as the loss of Lahm's leadership in the defense and locker room will create a bit of a void, but they will likely wait and see who steps up in his absence and then wait for January to grab a few pieces to patch together the squad and then focus on getting more young talent next year.

Neymar is talented, but he has a horrible attitude problem that would be very toxic at Bayern. Alexis Sanchez is a great player, but will Arsenal sell him?

Definitely not. Bale? Why bother. Too expensive, too talented, too much disruption of the chemistry on the wings. You can't just buy 5 world class wingers and expect them to happily play every 2 or 3 matches. That's not realistic man management.

Bayern are still very likely to handily win the league, handily win the Pokal and get to the Round of 8 or better in the CL with a bit of luck and form.

Again, this isn't FIFA. You can't expect the team to win every trophy, every game and score 5 goals a match for an entire season. Bayern will accumulate more young talent like Tolisso and Coman, and play them as much as they can to help them develop hoping to catch lightning in a bottle and have them play their way into replacing one of the wingers.

And if not, they will sell one or two, buy one or two more, and repeat the process. Will they win the CL with their current line up? Probably not, but with the changing of the guard taking place over the next two seasons, we would be realistic to be content to win 2 or 3 trophies for the next 2 or 3 seasons rather than crying foul when we don't win the Champion's League because we have expiring assets.

That's just the reality of the situation at the squad, and crying and complaining on the internet won't change it.

I'm cool with it.

G
Ghett0
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Bild is reporting that Reschke is leaving us for Stuttgart
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby prasun77 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Yup..even I would do that If you suddenly have a guy half your age and with 0 experience as your boss!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lahmies » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Ghett0 wrote:I'm not going to point fingers and name names, but I think too many of y'all play too much FIFA and think that FIFA is an accurate depiction of how transfers work in the real world.

Spending huge money on huge names is foolishness at this point. James was the name they bought to sell hope and to sell jerseys.

Bayern will likely grab 1 - 3 more promising young talents who can grow in to a role at Bayern rather than waste 100 Mil on a name just to sell more jerseys... (like the club isn't rich enough as it is.)

Keeping Müller is enough of an accomplishment at this point. Bayern are prone to have a bit of a dip in form as the loss of Lahm's leadership in the defense and locker room will create a bit of a void, but they will likely wait and see who steps up in his absence and then wait for January to grab a few pieces to patch together the squad and then focus on getting more young talent next year.

Neymar is talented, but he has a horrible attitude problem that would be very toxic at Bayern. Alexis Sanchez is a great player, but will Arsenal sell him?

Definitely not. Bale? Why bother. Too expensive, too talented, too much disruption of the chemistry on the wings. You can't just buy 5 world class wingers and expect them to happily play every 2 or 3 matches. That's not realistic man management.

Bayern are still very likely to handily win the league, handily win the Pokal and get to the Round of 8 or better in the CL with a bit of luck and form.

Again, this isn't FIFA. You can't expect the team to win every trophy, every game and score 5 goals a match for an entire season. Bayern will accumulate more young talent like Tolisso and Coman, and play them as much as they can to help them develop hoping to catch lightning in a bottle and have them play their way into replacing one of the wingers.

And if not, they will sell one or two, buy one or two more, and repeat the process. Will they win the CL with their current line up? Probably not, but with the changing of the guard taking place over the next two seasons, we would be realistic to be content to win 2 or 3 trophies for the next 2 or 3 seasons rather than crying foul when we don't win the Champion's League because we have expiring assets.

That's just the reality of the situation at the squad, and crying and complaining on the internet won't change it.

I'm cool with it.

G

I agree (partly), we all want some young talent, but some disagree on what that is. For example: look at the different opinions on this forum about young players like Brandt or Sané. It's anyone's guess who will end up being world class and who will be stuck sucking their thumb...
Still, a quality winger would be essential if we plan to keep playing 4-2-3-1. I'm satisfied with the current squad if we start playing the ol' christmas tree (4-3-2-1) though. In fact, I'd say I'm more dissatisfied with our manager and his tactics then our mercato.
Lahmies
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Alduin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:23 am

Either I die or I run out of alcohol. :lol:
The brightest star is bavarian red! Super Bayern! Stern des Südens!
Stern Von Costa Rica Fan Club Admin.
https://www.sternvoncr.com
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Now since 100m has become an average amount of money. We seriously need to increase our brand value and double up or revenue. Else we would become obsolete like ajax or liverpool.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Or spend big on overrated players and become obsolete like MUFC.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Obsolete? They just won EuroLeague Hands in their pockets...

It's about spending ADEQUATELY for talented players... We got Gnabry for 10m - that's about adequate: might help you a little in BuLi, useless as a CL competitor...
Players like Sané or Bernardo are not too overpriced in the 50m range... 222m (plus wages) is wayy too much for a player even as good as Neymar... But some people need to see there's another level between cheaping out and overspending on crap... (Plus: you can also overspend on talent: see Neymar or Pogba on that...) That's just how it is...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:20 pm

#12 wrote:Obsolete? They just won EuroLeague Hands in their pockets...

It's about spending ADEQUATELY for talented players... We got Gnabry for 10m - that's about adequate: might help you a little in BuLi, useless as a CL competitor...
Players like Sané or Bernardo are not too overpriced in the 50m range... 222m (plus wages) is wayy too much for a player even as good as Neymar... But some people need to see there's another level between cheaping out and overspending on crap... (Plus: you can also overspend on talent: see Neymar or Pogba on that...) That's just how it is...

Ah yes please tell me more about there amazingly difficult Cup run playing the best teams in Europe
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

Ah yes please tell me more about there amazingly difficult Cup run playing the best teams in Europe

They didn't... Neither did we manage to beat those in at least half the cases since 2013

Obsolete is something else... They will be (even) stronger again...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:31 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

They didn't... Neither did we manage to beat those in at least half the cases since 2013

Obsolete is something else... They will be (even) stronger again...

To be honest there squad is marginally better and I can honestly say after watching them plenty of times last season they are half a decade behind Bayern. Also it doesn't help they are in a very competitive league so it will stifle them even more...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News