You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
5%
Great
15%
Very good but not great
30%
Decent
25%
Average
5%
Below average
No votes
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
5%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:17 am

ramsej84 wrote:Play wingerless.... and the bench will be nice thick and rich...
Neuer
Kimmich Boa Humm Alaba
Tolisso Thiago Vidal
James. Mueller
Lewa

Subs.
Ulreich
Rafinha / Bernat
Javi
Suele
Rudy
Robben/Ribery
Coman

Plus all the youngsters we have seen during this pre season
Here I am leaving out Renato and Gnabry (out on loan already)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

And the games will be boring - and lost
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:26 am

Before we either spend big on a striker or place our blind trust in Muller, we should examine why he struggled as a lone center forward this season. Before I begin, I must remind everyone that Muller never played as a lone center forward under van 'Gaal and Jupp, and only started occasionally doing so, with at best inconsistent results, as part of Pep's experimentation, so his problems were structural and not because of a lack of form.

1) Holdup play: Muller simply isn't very good at this because he's not very heavy and has a high center of gravity, making it easy for defenders to push him off the ball. This is unlikely to change.
2) Taking shots-to put it simply, Muller is not a player inclined to shoot a lot during half chances. When paired with a striker, this is something of a virtue, but when playing alone up top, someone has to take a risk and shoot. This could theoretically be improved.
3) Finishing-Muller's finishing has never been that incredible.
4) Numerical disadvantage-Due to our 4-3-3 formation, Muller was forced to go up against two center backs by himself with very little support. Lewandowski also struggled under the same circumstances, so this problem is purely tactical.
5) Chance Creation-We depended a lot on Muller to create chances centrally this season(although Robbery were always very good at creating chances on the wings, and Thiago mainly acting as instrument to help progress the ball up the wing when he played as a 10). Thus, when Muller was played as a lone striker, he was basically in this situation where he had to help create chances, which was harder without another striker to playoff and which required a lot of movement out of the center, while also acting as a center forward and staying in the middle to finish them. Fortunately, the addition of James helps a lot in this department.

As you can see, it would require quite a bit of tweaking and adjustment to both individual play and the team to allow Muller to function well as a striker. Thus, it makes sense to introduce another striker which Muller can play off of if Lewandowski manages to get himself injured again

Fortunately, I think that we might already have a close-to-ideal backup in our squad: Kimmich. Kimmich is a defender and has a low center of gravity, making it easier for him to hold onto the ball. Kimmich has also displayed excellent finishing in the past and has scored a surprising number of headers for his height. He already has decent chemistry with Muller. Finally and most importantly, judging by how often he scored last season from center mid, he has great positioning in the box. Thus, he compliments all of Muller's deficiencies, and I believe that he could prove to be a really great center forward.

Of course, Kimmich is supposed to be our starting right back, but I trust Rafinha, a player who would probably start at any club other than ours and Real Madrid, to cover for him well.

However, I do not put blind faith in this idea of mine. It should be tested before the transfer window closes to see if it works. Unfortunately, I don't think Ancelotti is quite as crazy as I am.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:07 am

#12 wrote:
Neuer
Kimmich Boa Humm Alaba
Tolisso Thiago Vidal
James. Mueller
Lewa

Subs.
Ulreich
Rafinha / Bernat
Javi
Suele
Rudy
Robben/Ribery
Coman

When am I going to receive a thumbs up from you? have you ever thanked me?
I did...

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Neuer
Kimmich Boa Humm Alaba
Tolisso Thiago Vidal
James. Mueller
Lewa

Subs.
Ulreich
Rafinha / Bernat
Javi
Suele
Rudy
Robben/Ribery
Coman

When am I going to receive a thumbs up from you? have you ever thanked me?
I did...

As soon as you write something good

Sorry, I like the winger-based game... Plus I still see no formation whatsoever justifying excluding Robben from our lineup...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:19 am

no you actually did , but I can count the occasions on one hand!
We have to start adopting to the fact that Robbery won't be here any longer... There will be no one to replicate what these two geniuses did for FCB
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Robbery is still probably our best bet at least for the coming season....but I think that the "traditional" winger-based play that they have excelled in is sort of on the outs...the game seems to be moving past that brand of direct traditional attacking winger I think
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 pm

220 mils for Neymar from Psg. Crazy money for an average player
Last edited by Effenberg777 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Lmao Neymar an average player...
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:22 pm

You see him next to messi or ronaldo ? I dont . Maybe not the best used word, but you must be idiot to pay that much for him. I think there is still people believing if they buy 1-2 players from Barca or Real they can be like them. Barca and Real secret from last years its called Messi or Ronaldo.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:23 pm

James is around 40 mls but Neymar is 220 .I guess is so much dirty money on this arabs hands ...
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Dude, you're calling him an average player lol. Neymar would undoubtedly start in any team in the world. He's hands down the best player in international level right now... He's just not the main man in Barça and that limits him. But I'm not gonna start a debate over this here, I don't even want to tbh.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:Dude, you're calling him an average player lol. Neymar would undoubtedly start in any team in the world. He's hands down the best player in international level right now... He's just not the main man in Barça and that limits him. But I'm not gonna start a debate over this here, I don't even want to tbh.

lol, if someone thinks Neymar is an average player they should just stop watching football :lol:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:51 pm

nm462272 wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:Dude, you're calling him an average player lol. Neymar would undoubtedly start in any team in the world. He's hands down the best player in international level right now... He's just not the main man in Barça and that limits him. But I'm not gonna start a debate over this here, I don't even want to tbh.

lol, if someone thinks Neymar is an average player they should just stop watching football :lol:

Or start, depending on how you look at it...
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Honestly I wouldn't mind Bayern buying a seasoned striker for a couple of years as backup to Lewandowski. Bayern looked so bad when Müller was the only CF. I'm even willing to accept someone like Ibrahimovic or Torres.

Bayern have to get a backup CF for times when Lewandowski is not available. Period. Unfortunately the striker prices are too damn inflated. I don't see Bayern spending a lot of money in this regard. I think Jonas from Benfica would be a pretty decent backup striker for a couple of seasons until someone like Evina or Wintzheimer can develop or maybe by that time Bayern can buy Werner or Dolberg.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:59 pm

America USA wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind Bayern buying a seasoned striker for a couple of years as backup to Lewandowski. Bayern looked so bad when Müller was the only CF. I'm even willing to accept someone like Ibrahimovic or Torres.

Bayern have to get a backup CF for times when Lewandowski is not available. Period. Unfortunately the striker prices are too damn inflated. I don't see Bayern spending a lot of money in this regard. I think Jonas from Benfica would be a pretty decent backup striker for a couple of seasons until someone like Evina or Wintzheimer can develop or maybe by that time Bayern can buy Werner or Dolberg.

i like how you say you'd be "even willing to accept someone like Ibrahimovic", as if he's begging to play 3 games a season as Lewandowski's backup :lol: :lol: :lol:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News