You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
3%
Great
14%
Very good but not great
21%
Decent
24%
Average
17%
Below average
3%
Very bad but not terrible
10%
Terrible
3%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:32 pm

bastos80 wrote:Well, I think if Sanches leaves and the coach has his mind on a 4231 for most of the season, we need another attacker, because 6 incl. Robbery for 4 positions is not good. In midfield we'd be alright though.

In that case we'd probably go for 4321. James, Mueller and Lewandowski would be the offensive players. Ancelotti would need some massive balls to bench Robbery though.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:43 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Well, I think if Sanches leaves and the coach has his mind on a 4231 for most of the season, we need another attacker, because 6 incl. Robbery for 4 positions is not good. In midfield we'd be alright though.

In that case we'd probably go for 4321. James, Mueller and Lewandowski would be the offensive players. Ancelotti would need some massive balls to bench Robbery though.

We can't go into the season with 4 and a half central mids for 3 spots though.
If Sanches leaves, however we turn it around, the squad is too small.
Even smaller than last year and that wasn't really that nice.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:51 pm

bastos80 wrote:We can't go into the season with 4 and a half central mids for 3 spots though.
If Sanches leaves, however we turn it around, the squad is too small.
Even smaller than last year and that wasn't really that nice.

Oh come on, I've argued this long enough. Thiago, Vidal, Tolisso, Rudy, Dorsch. Then you can add Javi Martinez. In an injury crisis, play Rafinha and move Kimmich to CM. In an extreme injury crisis, play Bernat and move Alaba to CM. We have no problems with depth in that area. Of all these options I gave, given what happened to Sanches last season I'd say he'd only start in front of Dorsch from the whole list. That would make him 8th choice CM.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Oh come on, I've told you often enough that constantly moving players away from their position is non-sense.
If you don't want to learn from experience then that is your problem.

I'd bet with you that we will see a 4231 for the majority of this season, which means FOUR attackers and status quo is that we'd have 1 less option for that should Renato leave and that IS NOT pleasing with Robben & Ribéry in the squad.

Lahm --> Kimmich
Kimmich --> Rudy
Sanches --> Tolisso
Alonso --> Thiago
Thiago --> James
Costa --> ???

We're ravaged by injuries year after year and yet you still think this squad is big enough... #-o
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm

bastos80 wrote:Oh come on, I've told you often enough that constantly moving players away from their position is non-sense.
If you don't want to learn from experience then that is your problem.

I'd bet with you that we will see a 4231 for the majority of this season, which means FOUR attackers and status quo is that we'd have 1 less option for that should Renato leave and that IS NOT pleasing with Robben & Ribéry in the squad.

Lahm --> Kimmich
Kimmich --> Rudy
Sanches --> Tolisso
Alonso --> Thiago
Thiago --> James
Costa --> ???

We're ravaged by injuries year after year and yet you still think this squad is big enough... #-o

I don't. I'm simply constantly pointing out that we have one position that when we're missing a specific player (Lewandowski), we have no single player who has demonstrated an ability to play there at a level expected by Bayern and at the same time we have people complaining we need CMs because 8 players who have demonstrated well enough they can play there are not enough. I'd sign two backup strikers, a backup winger, a backup AMC, a backup CD and a backup fullback before I'd buy a backup CM.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Go find someone that has shown the quality to play for us and is willing to sit behind Lewandowski for 90% of the season.
A player like Sanchez whose main position is somewhere else but can play at CF without a problem is the best we can expect. Get over it.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 pm

bastos80 wrote:Go find someone that has shown the quality to play for us and is willing to sit behind Lewandowski for 90% of the season.
A player like Sanchez whose main position is somewhere else but can play at CF without a problem is the best we can expect. Get over it.

You make it sound like it's an impossible task. May I remind you that for as long as I remember we had 2 or 3 backup keepers who, together, played less than 10% of the season in all. Recently we had quite a high profile backup goalkeeper in Pepe Reina. What's the problem with getting a backup striker who would play in all DFB Pokal matches and against the easier Bundesliga matches, and come on in matches when the game is already won? Surely there would be a lot of players who would relish such a chance of coming off with a Champions League medal.

Also, I remember not too long ago having 4 strikers in the squad.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Well, I'm sorry. Back then we didn't have Lewandowski, who on top of being a Top-3 striker in the world is also nearly unbreakable. The unfortunate event of his 2-3 injured games per year happening during Real Madrid won't change it. We also regularly played with 2 CFs.

I'm pretty sure we tried to find a Pepe Reina for CF, but we didn't find a pleasing option. So that's it. Makes no sense to sign a shitty striker who's probably worse than Müller just for the sake of it.
Man, just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean we didn't try. You can't have everything you want in your life.

And before you ask the question why Real and Barca manage to have Morata & Alcacer on top of Suarez & Benzema, I may ask you the question why we can't have more than 4 natural midfielders for 3 positions while Real Madrid basically have 7 for 3, + Ramos and Marcelo who can play there.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm

bastos80 wrote:Well, I'm sorry. Back then we didn't have Lewandowski, who on top of being a Top-3 striker in the world is also nearly unbreakable. The unfortunate event of his 2-3 injured games per year happening during Real Madrid won't change it. We also regularly played with 2 CFs.

I'm pretty sure we tried to find a Pepe Reina for CF, but we didn't find a pleasing option. So that's it. Makes no sense to sign a shitty striker who's probably worse than Müller just for the sake of it.
Man, just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean we didn't try. You can't have everything you want in your life.

And before you ask the question why Real and Barca manage to have Morata & Alcacer on top of Suarez & Benzema, I may ask you the question why we can't have more than 4 natural midfielders for 3 positions while Real Madrid basically have 7 for 3, + Ramos and Marcelo who can play there.

OK, let's see. Who are the top strikers? Let me go by FIFA 17 ratings, excuse me but I'm trying to find some (partially) unbiased source.

92 Suarez. Plays for Barcelona who have Paco Alcácer who's main position is that of a striker.
90 Ibrahimovic. Last season played for Manchester United who had Martial, Rashford, Wilson, McTominay and Rooney.
90 Lewandowski. Plays for Bayern who have 0 other strikers.
89 Higuain. Plays for Juventus who have Mandzukic, Dybala and Kean.
89 Aguero. Plays for Manchester City who have Iheanacho, Jesus and Bony.
88 Sanchez. Plays for Arsenal who have Lacazette, Giroud, Wellbeck, Perez and Akpom.
88 Griezmann. Plays for Atletico who have Gameiro, Vietto, Torres, Borre and Ndiaye.
87 Aubameyang. Plays for Dortmund who have Philipp and Isak.

etc etc.

How come every single other club that has a good striker on the books is able to have decent (and sometimes very good) backup strikers but Bayern find it so magically difficult?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Aubameyang:
- Philipp's not a centre forward. You might aswell put Müller in there. :roll:
- Isaks nothing but a talent, we might aswell put Evina there, doubt he'd do better than Müller against Madrid.

Griezmann:
- Atletico play a 2 striker formation
- Again, I highly doubt Vietto, Borre or Ndiaye would have done a better job than Müller against Real Madrid, might aswell put Coman in there.

Sanchez:
- I already told you I wouldn't mind Alexis as a indirect Lewandowski back-up since he's also a winger and pretty much planed for that position now with Lacazette
- Same goes for Welbeck
- Didn't know Lacazette played for Arsenal last season, Giroud might leave
- Again, highly doubt Akpom or Perez would do a better job against Real Madrid than Thomas Müller, might aswell put Coman in there.

Higuain:
- Again, Juventus play with 2 or even 3 strikers sometimes with Mandzukic on the wing and Dybala in Müllers role. Makes their situation practically identical to ours
- Again, doubt Kean would do a better job against Real Madrid than Thomas Müller, might aswell put Coman in there.

Lewandowski:
- have Müller who's better than 80% of the alternatives you named at other clubs.

Suarez:
- Paco Alcacer, a player for €30M who played about as much as Renato Sanches, but only because he also came in for Messi and Suarez at times. Yeah, why not.

Ibrahimovic:
- Martial: also played on the wing, again, wouldn't mind
- Rashford: Point granted
- Wilson & McTominay :roll:

To sum it up:

80% of your alternatives are not even better than Müller. City really is the only club you mentioned who play with 1 CF and have 4 natural strikers.
Unless we find someone like Martial, Alexis etc. who can play on the wing and in the center without a problem, spend €30M or use one from our academy (Evina), sorry not going to happen and it's plausible.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby duxdux_fcbm » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 pm

i think that backup striker place with option to play on wing would be given to gnabry next year and our board will wait to see him preform this season in tsg....though i think pizzaro for one year at least till gnabry returns would be nice, he is free and he is legend so why not
also imo if sanches stays were done with this transfer window
MIA SAN MIA for life!
duxdux_fcbm
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:25 pm

bastos80 wrote:Aubameyang:
- Philipp's not a centre forward. You might aswell put Müller in there. :roll:
- Isaks nothing but a talent, we might aswell put Evina there, doubt he'd do better than Müller against Madrid.

Griezmann:
- Atletico play a 2 striker formation
- Again, I highly doubt Vietto, Borre or Ndiaye would have done a better job than Müller against Real Madrid, might aswell put Coman in there.

Sanchez:
- I already told you I wouldn't mind Alexis as a indirect Lewandowski back-up since he's also a winger and pretty much planed for that position now with Lacazette
- Same goes for Welbeck
- Didn't know Lacazette played for Arsenal last season, Giroud might leave
- Again, highly doubt Akpom or Perez would do a better job against Real Madrid than Thomas Müller, might aswell put Coman in there.

Higuain:
- Again, Juventus play with 2 or even 3 strikers sometimes with Mandzukic on the wing and Dybala in Müllers role. Makes their situation practically identical to ours
- Again, doubt Kean would do a better job against Real Madrid than Thomas Müller, might aswell put Coman in there.

Lewandowski:
- have Müller who's better than 80% of the alternatives you named at other clubs.

Suarez:
- Paco Alcacer, a player for €30M who played about as much as Renato Sanches, but only because he also came in for Messi and Suarez at times. Yeah, why not.

Ibrahimovic:
- Martial: also played on the wing, again, wouldn't mind
- Rashford: Point granted
- Wilson & McTominay :roll:

To sum it up:

80% of your alternatives are not even better than Müller. City really is the only club you mentioned who play with 1 CF and have 4 natural strikers.
Unless we find someone like Martial, Alexis etc. who can play on the wing and in the center without a problem, spend €30M or use one from our academy (Evina), sorry not going to happen and it's plausible.

Ok our disagreement is primarily based on our valuation of Mueller as a pure striker. I rate him on par with Santa Cruz AS A STRIKER. Would rather play Coman, Kimmich, Robben or Ribéry than Mueller as striker.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Yes, I believe Müller is still better than 80% of our possible options.
I don't disagree that a man behind Lewandowski is bad. But he shouldn't just be a pure striker.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 pm

bastos80 wrote:Yes, I believe Müller is still better than 80% of our possible options.
I don't disagree that a man behind Lewandowski is bad. But he shouldn't just be a pure striker.

Well, Mueller did put on some gloves in training a few times. How would you like him to be our second keeper? Or, so I am not so extreme, how comfortable would you be having Vidal as our 3rd choice central defender?

This is how I feel about a striker. I want a player who can be at the right place at the right time and kick the ball in. I don't want someone who's main attributes are to dribble and cross (a winger). I don't like the idea of Gnabry or Sanchez as a striker. I would rather sign Rashford than Sanchez.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Then you shouldn't have mentioned Alexis or Martial in your list of strikers before.
Neymar and Cristiano are also perfectly able to play winger or striker.
So was Thierry Henry.
Or Kylian Mbappe.

Our main LW is a 34 year old.
We lack a man behind Lewandowski.
Pretty good opportunity to sign someone like Alexis, don't you think?
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News