You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

How do you rate FC Bayern's summer transfer window?

Excellent, one of the best ever!
1
4%
Great
4
15%
Very good but not great
6
22%
Decent
6
22%
Average
4
15%
Below average
1
4%
Very bad but not terrible
3
11%
Terrible
1
4%
Catastrophical, one of the worst ever!
1
4%
 
Total votes : 27

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:24 pm

It's gonna be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1... I'm sure.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17589
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8471 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:27 pm

zozon wrote:How is that we dont have quality wingers????


"not enough" is the small but important difference here...
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 2080 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby zozon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Ribery is fired up and ready. Maybe he can't contribute the whole season, but he surely can bring a lot to the table. Ancelotti made the mistake with Alonso for overplaying him, hope he doesnt do the same to Ribery.

Robben is still one of the worlds best wingers.
Coman was getting WAY better last season after his contract was signed.
Muller and James can play out wide (and still being pretty good at it).

We dont really need any pure wingers for this season. Its clear that Carlo is starting to prepare Bayern for a little bit wingerless dependant team. Will that bear any fruit - that remains to be seen. Until then - we dont need wingers.
Last edited by zozon on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:34 pm

-> Ribéry and Robben: Always injured and therefore unreliable. How can you still be so naive to completely count on them? Robben will play when he's fit, but do you know?
-> Coman young and only reliable option
-> James & Müller no wingers.


If we want a clear cut 4231 we need another winger, if we want a 4321 or 4312 we don't.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 2080 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby zozon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:36 pm

bastos80 wrote:-> Ribéry and Robben: Always injured and therefore unreliable. How can you still be so naive to completely count on them? Robben will


You are a transfermarkt fan, surely you know to check how long Ribery and Robben were injured last season or how many games they missed. :roll: :roll: :roll: If you need help with the counting - hit me up.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 pm

zozon wrote:
bastos80 wrote:-> Ribéry and Robben: Always injured and therefore unreliable. How can you still be so naive to completely count on them? Robben will


You are a transfermarkt fan, surely you know to check how long Ribery and Robben were injured last season or how many games they missed. :roll: :roll: :roll: If you need help with the counting - hit me up.


Are you still salty because of the thing with James' name? :lol:
If you think Ribéry and Robben are reliable you should get a mental check-up. When Ribéry's fit he's not even able to play a full game. Reading your post one could think you're only a Bayern fan since last year :roll: Costa was amazing for one half season, so why didn't we keep him?

By the way, Robben is already out injured. #-o
Last edited by bastos80 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 2080 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby zozon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:46 pm

bastos80 wrote:If you think Ribéry and Robben are reliable you should get a mental check-up.


The one doing the mental check-up is you. Or the primary school math check-up.
Tell me how many games they both missed last season?
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm

zozon wrote:
bastos80 wrote:If you think Ribéry and Robben are reliable you should get a mental check-up.


The one doing the mental check-up is you. Or the primary school math check-up.
Tell me how many games they both missed last season?



Amazing how you always decide to ignore one part of my post [-X
Last year Robben missed 6 games, the year before that he missed 31. 14/15 he missed 21, 13/14: 6.
Ribéry last year 12, even though he only accumulated about 2000 minutes because of sinking stamina due to age, the year before that 30 games. 14/15: 32 (!!) and 13/14, one of his most stable seasons he missed 13 games.

Quite unbelievable, that you're trying to tell me WITH STATS, that Robben & Ribéry are reliable options and that i actually have to explain to you why they aren't. Haven't seen that in a while.

The tendency will only get worse with their rising age.
At the moment it's not really a question whether we need another player, but what system we want as our go-to system. With basically only 2 wingers it shouldn't be 433.

And by the way, if you dislike me that much, judging by the way you talk to me, please just do me a favor and ignore my posts, alright?
Thanks.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 2080 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:29 pm

zozon wrote:Ribery is fired up and ready. Maybe he can't contribute the whole season, but he surely can bring a lot to the table. Ancelotti made the mistake with Alonso for overplaying him, hope he doesnt do the same to Ribery.

Robben is still one of the worlds best wingers.
Coman was getting WAY better last season after his contract was signed.
Muller and James can play out wide (and still being pretty good at it).

We dont really need any pure wingers for this season. Its clear that Carlo is starting to prepare Bayern for a little bit wingerless dependant team. Will that bear any fruit - that remains to be seen. Until then - we dont need wingers.

Ribery IMO done at the top level. Sure he can play BuLi and vs Arsenal, maybe even a good 20 minutes against a top team, but anything else is a stretch.

Robben is occasionally great, but I don't trust him for the whole season, both because of injuries and natural decline. His performances last season were also overstated in here. He was completely nullified by Madrid. It may have been because of himself or because of the lack of a WC LW, but he was completely nullified nonetheless.

Coman too young and far from ready to start vs our European rivals.

Müller and James as wingers, ok, but I think they are better employed in a 4312. If we had gotten Alexis, I would have said we should play 433 with Alexis-Lewy-Müller.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5521
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2383 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Also, Zozon you're being ridiculous in your discussion with Bastos... Do you really think Ribery and Robben will magically become permanently healthier than their historical average as they age? :-/

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5521
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2383 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:14 pm

zozon wrote:Can we expect another "granate" signing? I mean - not a back-up striker or whatever, but an world class one, one who can easily start in the first 11...

Considering that we paid (or will pay) James with the Costa money - I'm surely still hoping that Alexis or someone with a WC caliber comes. Now THAT would be the best transfer period ever in Bayern.
Wenger had a pretty downplaying interview considering Alexis, maybe they wont really sell him before the contract expires.

Highly unlikely. As MUTU had mentioned some weeks ago, we had already spent as much as our average over the past few years before we signed Tolisso, let alone James.

I do hope we sign a good, inexpensive backup striker or at least keep Gnabry, but a world class player is almost off the cards in my opinion. The closest that might somehow happen is probably Goretzka.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31381
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8838 times
Been thanked: 7442 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Pelin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Bayern signed James for RW, l think he will be rotated with Robben who is still world class for RW. however Robben injured less last year yet, it doesn't mean he will stay that injury free next season as well. Ribery is in declined since 2 years and will be more declined next season, in this case, Ribery should be our joker and we still need a player who can play as LW and striker. Someone like Augustine who signed for RB Leipzig. l'm talking about the level of the player. Evina just made U19, so he is not ready yet.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 411 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby aterford » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:51 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Also, Zozon you're being ridiculous in your discussion with Bastos... Do you really think Ribery and Robben will magically become permanently healthier than their historical average as they age? :-/

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk



This. It doesn't take a genius to understand that last year was an exception, not the norm. Father Time always wins. Nobody takes an injury-prone career into their 30s and then one day suddenly becomes a paragon of good health. It just doesn't happen. If our club and/or board honestly expects them to be as healthy this year as they were last year, we're run by idiots.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure they're smarter than that.
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1413 times
Been thanked: 858 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:04 pm

aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Also, Zozon you're being ridiculous in your discussion with Bastos... Do you really think Ribery and Robben will magically become permanently healthier than their historical average as they age? :-/

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk



This. It doesn't take a genius to understand that last year was an exception, not the norm. Father Time always wins. Nobody takes an injury-prone career into their 30s and then one day suddenly becomes a paragon of good health. It just doesn't happen. If our club and/or board honestly expects them to be as healthy this year as they were last year, we're run by idiots.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure they're smarter than that.

We still have Muller and Coman who seems to have been promised a larger role this season compared to last, so I still don't see Bayern making any more moves or else they would have kept Gnarby around if they were that worried...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 14048
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4680 times
Been thanked: 2976 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Pelin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:10 am

Kalle said that Gnabry wanted loan move for his development. so l don't think that's the case. But l still think Bayern is after some players, not only Goretzka.

Btw, Carlo rotated Ribery and Costa last season though Ribery was in great form at the start of the last season when D.Costa was injured and Ribery started many games during that time. if you look at their game numbers, both started almost same numbers though Costa was injured for 3 times.

We need Coman for big games, who can track back and help his wing back. Honestly, l hope Carlo is not that crazy to start Ribery vs a strong team again. since our team defence only can tolerate one player and it's Robben.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 411 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests