You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Never understood the obsession some people here have with Draxler....

He's German and decent... Some people here overhype decent german players to WC status. Remember Rode and the hype around him on his first season?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Never understood the obsession some people here have with Draxler....

He's German and decent... Some people here overhype decent german players to WC status. Remember Rode and the hype around him on his first season?

I also remember people were upset about him being sold to Dortmund... and now he can barely make their bench
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:43 pm

#12 wrote:It's not a first...
Having 20 players on loan for - comparatively - small gain makes no real sense, this is Bayern Munich...

And you're completely neglecting the fact that the market gas changed significantly in those 3 years... While the PL gets THRICE the money per season, Bundesliga still gets about double... So what do you think those clubs do with the money? Invest in freehold options? Real estate? Pay the mortgages? Night out in downtown Manchester?

Kroos was bad business, yes, agreed... But yeah, I think 40-45m is ok, if you REALLY need/want the player and if there's high demand, even with just one year left on his contract... Again, we're talking imaginary value here... Was Lewandowski worth 30-40m when we wanted him? For us? Definitely... But we waited to get him for free, because we could and knew he'd come here... RM tried to swoop in IIRC and wanted to pay some 60m... You cannot even give us a percentage for that

I never doubted Bayern's negotiating skills whilst buying players, but I do question them while trying to get a good price for a player. When most top division clubs have sold players at a higher price than us, who are supposed to have better players for sale, you realise how ridiculous we are. I seriously doubt a Bayern sale makes a top 200 transfer list. You know we give players cheaply when you watch Benatia, who flopped badly at Juventus, still being bought at the fixed transfer fee because we put it so low. Juventus found our price cheap despite him flopping. Can you imagine how badly they would have laughed at us had he done well instead?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Do we really have better players for sale?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:51 pm

#12 wrote:Do we really have better players for sale?

Everybody has players for sale. Every player is for sale and has a price. Every one. Do you think that if, hypothetically speaking of course, Barcelona offer 500 million euros for Lewandowski we would actually say no?

Player prices have gone up but I bet that if we sell Douglas Costa we will struggle to even make any kind of profit over his sale. Had he played for another club, they'd be able to get some 60m for him. But not Bayern. I predict 30-32m for him.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:23 pm

In that case you'd have a point... But we're obviously communicating we don't want him here - drops the price...

You're only looking at the sales we DID make... And I think selling Schöpf is different than selling Morata, and selling Can is different than selling Gündogan...

I just realized that Shaqiri was part of a formerly finalized deal, wasn't it?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm

#12 wrote:In that case you'd have a point... But we're obviously communicating we don't want him here - drops the price...

You're only looking at the sales we DID make... And I think selling Schöpf is different than selling Morata, and selling Can is different than selling Gündogan...

I just realized that Shaqiri was part of a formerly finalized deal, wasn't it?

Shaqiri was as such sold at the time he left on loan, because the contract had an obligation to buy for a fixed price, meaning that Inter couldn't refuse to sign him. It was basically as if we sold him for 15m with payment delayed by 6 months. He spent half a season at Inter, played much worse than expected (and achieved the worst average whoscored rating of his career), and yet they still managed to make 2m profit on his sale.

Also what about Mandzukic? We saw a few weeks ago how he's still very much a valid player. 22m was too low a price for him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 pm

And let's not forget our other gift to Inter: Lucio for 7m :evil: :evil:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:33 pm

what about Mario Gomez? Does anyone recall why he was sold so cheap? MUTU - agreed on Mandzukic
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm

nm462272 wrote:what about Mario Gomez? Does anyone recall why he was sold so cheap? MUTU - agreed on Mandzukic

I didn't want to mention Mario Gomez. At the time I wanted to go to Munich and slap Rummenigge and Uli for their insanity. However, given the power of hindsight, it wasn't a really bad deal, but even his biggest haters couldn't predict he'd flop that badly at Fiorentina. In a way you can say the same about Schweinsteiger too, although Mourinho must shoulder a lot of the blame.

Since I've been watching Bayern, I recall only ONE transfer in which I was positively surprised by the transfer fee: that of Rode. For every other player, I expected more money, every time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:43 pm

nm462272 wrote:what about Mario Gomez? Does anyone recall why he was sold so cheap? MUTU - agreed on Mandzukic

Because he was a benchwarmer, probably noone really wanted him and we didn't want to stand in his way.
inactive
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Mario Gomez wanted to go somewhere sunny and the club indulged him. Had we sold elsewhere, we could have gotten much much more (even if, on hindsight, it wasn't a bad sell considering what transpired at Florentina).

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby aterford » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm

nm462272 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

I also remember people were upset about him being sold to Dortmund... and now he can barely make their bench

The hype about Rode was inexcusable and inexplicable.....was never anywhere near our quality and quite frankly nowhere near BvB quality either. Never understood why we felt we needed him, but hey making a profit is nice i guess. Perplexed as to what BvB saw that made them want him as well. Oh well, it's done now.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:50 pm

aterford wrote:The hype about Rode was inexcusable and inexplicable.....was never anywhere near our quality and quite frankly nowhere near BvB quality either. Never understood why we felt we needed him, but hey making a profit is nice i guess. Perplexed as to what BvB saw that made them want him as well. Oh well, it's done now.

he "tried hard" and of course was German (at a time when some people thought Spain was taking over :mrgreen: )

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:50 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Because he was a benchwarmer, probably noone really wanted him and we didn't want to stand in his way.

To be fair, I blame Heynckes for that. His performances deserved considerably more playing time. Statistically, Bayern scored more goals and conceded fewer goals when Gomez played as opposed to when Mandzukic played, and Gomez's strike rate was higher than Mandzukic's anyway. He simply deserved more playing time, and had he gotten it and delivered by scoring at his normal rate, I don't think it would have been inconceivable to receive a world record transfer bid for him rather than the paltry sum received by Fiorentina.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News