You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Your favourite winger signing?

Pulisic
38%
Bailey
24%
No one: renew Robbery
7%
No one, renew Robben
2%
No one, renew Ribery
No votes
Someone else
29%

Total votes : 45

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Sane would have wasted one year of his career with Ancelotti.
Kevin de Bruyne was simply too expensive. 75M few years back would be like 150M in todays market.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Sane would have wasted one year of his career with Ancelotti.
Kevin de Bruyne was simply too expensive. 75M few years back would be like 150M in todays market.
While I agree KDB was expensive at the time, if our board had forseen the coming inflation, they should have bought him anyway. I think it was their job to forsee it. Now we are stuck being almost completely unable to buy a player of that quality (although the James deal was incredible and pretty cheap).

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:41 am

We don't need a revolution... if a team changes too much the chemistry in the team is lost.
We just need another Winger...

If Robbery will not be there we will have Coman Gnabry and Mueller as our wide players... that is why we only need one more...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
While I agree KDB was expensive at the time, if our board had forseen the coming inflation, they should have bought him anyway. I think it was their job to forsee it. Now we are stuck being almost completely unable to buy a player of that quality (although the James deal was incredible and pretty cheap).

To be fair I don't think anybody could've foreseen the impact sales like Neymar's would have on the market.

That being said, I reject the premise that we couldn't have afforded De Bruyne. I am certain we could have; we simply chose not to. De Bruyne's agent confirmed as much - we rated him as being worth €50m - not that we couldn't pay more, we just didn't think he was worth it. Which is proving to be more and more wrong with every passing match.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 am

PunkCapitalist :-k IIRC you didn't rate KDB this much before...

We didn't have space for him, if we had to get him, we had to get rid of Goetze first which wasn't that easy... anyway, I remember someone posting a quote from KDB where he said that he didn't like living in Germany that much. There are different factors, not just money...
JANCKER

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 am

JANCKER wrote:PunkCapitalist :-k IIRC you didn't rate KDB this much before...

We didn't have space for him, if we had to get him, we had to get rid of Goetze first which wasn't that easy... anyway, I remember someone posting a quote from KDB where he said that he didn't like living in Germany that much. There are different factors, not just money...
True enough. I though we were good with Götze and that we needed a true winger instead. But KDB proved to be truly exceptional, Götze flopped and Pep is gone (so we can actually play with an Left Attacking Midfielder instead of a pure inverted winger)... So.. things change I guess.

Anywayz, the one that truly bothers me to have missed is Sané. I really like him and always did.

PunkCapitalist

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Our board predict this inflation is temporary. I'm not so sure myself.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 am

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Our board predict this inflation is temporary. I'm not so sure myself.

TV money isn't going to keep increasing indefinitely with the rise of illegal streaming. On the other hand, the oil money is probably going to keep coming until either the Gulf Kingdoms run out of oil ,or the world stops using oil at the current level. One more reason to support renewable energy, I guess.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 am

Manchu wrote:TV money isn't going to keep increasing indefinitely with the rise of illegal streaming.

This I doubt. Let's look at what happened to the movie industry. Piracy of movies downloaded over the Internet far preceded legal streaming services such as Netflix. The popularity of Netflix and similar services keeps growing. As law enforcement gets tighter, so will the revenue of these services. The more popular these services become, the lower they can afford to price their service.

I predict that football will take on a similar path. I expect that in future, fans would be able to pay for a low-cost, legal streaming service and watch the matches of their choice. It's inevitable, considering that even with a big club like FC Bayern, for the majority of the world there isn't a means to legally watch all matches even if they pay for multiple services.

At least I think so: how many of you not living in Germany have a legal means to watch 100% of all competitive Bayern matches?

In Malta the situation is like this: you need to pay GO €10/mo for the minimum TV package and an additional €10/mo for GO Sports which gives you access to the Champions League matches. Then you need to pay Melita €10/mo for the minimum TV package and an additional €10/mo for Melita Sports which gives you access to some Bundesliga and German Cup matches, but won't guarantee Bayern since the number of channels are limited. So basically you need to fork out €40 per month without any guarantee that you'd be able to watch Bayern.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 am

MUTU wrote:In Malta the situation is like this: you need to pay GO €10/mo for the minimum TV package and an additional €10/mo for GO Sports which gives you access to the Champions League matches. Then you need to pay Melita €10/mo for the minimum TV package and an additional €10/mo for Melita Sports which gives you access to some Bundesliga and German Cup matches, but won't guarantee Bayern since the number of channels are limited. So basically you need to fork out €40 per month without any guarantee that you'd be able to watch Bayern.

One last rant... despite that from Malta we receive the signal from Sky Deutschland via satellite, which broadcasts all competitive Bayern matches, as non-German residents we are not allowed to subscribe to the paid service of Sky Deutschland.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Valerio » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:In Malta the situation is like this: you need to pay GO €10/mo for the minimum TV package and an additional €10/mo for GO Sports which gives you access to the Champions League matches. Then you need to pay Melita €10/mo for the minimum TV package and an additional €10/mo for Melita Sports which gives you access to some Bundesliga and German Cup matches, but won't guarantee Bayern since the number of channels are limited. So basically you need to fork out €40 per month without any guarantee that you'd be able to watch Bayern.

One last rant... despite that from Malta we receive the signal from Sky Deutschland via satellite, which broadcasts all competitive Bayern matches, as non-German residents we are not allowed to subscribe to the paid service of Sky Deutschland.

As you know in Italy Sky-it sell prepaid cards
Maybe something similiar for sky de is also avaible.
So all you need to do would be to orientate the satellite dish with a random or specific sky decoder
At least if you wanted the Italian Sky that's all you'd need to do.

Now I don't understand German but googling a bit I found this
http://www.sky.de/bestellung/sky-prepaid-125650
Valerio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Valerio wrote:
MUTU wrote:

As you know in Italy Sky-it sell prepaid cards
Maybe something similiar for sky de is also avaible.
So all you need to do would be to orientate the satellite dish with a random or specific sky decoder
At least if you wanted the Italian Sky that's all you'd need to do.

Now I don't understand German but googling a bit I found this
http://www.sky.de/bestellung/sky-prepaid-125650

There is no way to legally buy one unless you have a residence in the country from which Sky operates.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 pm

MUTU wrote:There is no way to legally buy one unless you have a residence in the country from which Sky operates.

Exactly, when I tried I had all doors closing in my face

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I don't want to open a new thread for this,so i'm going to leave it here.

Arsenal transfer blow: Long-term target Max Meyer set to join Bayern Munich [source]

:^o :^o
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I don't want to open a new thread for this,so i'm going to leave it here.

Arsenal transfer blow: Long-term target Max Meyer set to join Bayern Munich [source]

:^o :^o

Another midfielder? Goodness.
Would only make sense if we got for free and loaned out. No room and he's not our quality at the moment.
aterford
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News