You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Your favourite winger signing?

Pulisic
38%
Bailey
24%
No one: renew Robbery
7%
No one, renew Robben
2%
No one, renew Ribery
No votes
Someone else
29%

Total votes : 45

Re: 2017/18 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Isabella » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:17 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Pelin wrote:Pep still has the same philosophy and this philosophy didn't work vs top teams in CL

Pep has won CL twice and made it to the semifinals 4 or 5 times so I'm not really sure what are you talking about

Maybe who Pep has win CL only with a club who has win the Champions with other coaches shortly before and after him?
Rijkaard 2006, Guardiola 2009 and 2011, Enrique 2015 that are four Champions in less than 10 years and with Bayern Guardiola has always lost when he meet a Spanish side and I think was mostly luck who Guardiola's Bayern had never played a Spanish side before semifinals
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Isabella wrote:Maybe Pep has win CL only with a club who has win the Champions with other coaches shortly before and after him?

The year before PEP, FC Barcelona won 0 trophies, finished 4th in the league, had to play CL qualifiers, Xavi was on his way to FC Bayern Muenchen and Ronaldinho and Deco were contaminating the dressing room.

One year later FC Barcelona had won ALL the titles and 4 years later FC Barcelona had won 14 trophies including 2 CL's

Yes, he didn't take over Energie Cottbus, but no coach in the world would have come any close given the circumstances when Rijkaard left.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Furthermore these were FC Barcelona's line ups in 2006 and 2009 CL finals

Not even close
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Roonzil » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Just came across this tidbit of info on another forum. Anyone over here know anything more about these kind of rules? Could help us in a possible pursuit of Bailey

Jamaica is ranked outside of the top 50 in the fifa ranks so Jamaican National Players arent Eligible to play in the epl. Leon isnt an active member of the Jamaica NT tho so its slightly possible but as for now, his only true options are Bunesliga and La Liga.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby theundead » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Roonzil wrote:outside of the top 50 in the fifa ranks so Jamaican National Players arent Eligible to play in the epl

sounds like bull***t. Algeria is outside the top 50 as well. So is the Ivory Coast. Mahrez and Toure still get to play in the EPL.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Manchu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Roonzil wrote:Just came across this tidbit of info on another forum. Anyone over here know anything more about these kind of rules? Could help us in a possible pursuit of Bailey

Jamaica is ranked outside of the top 50 in the fifa ranks so Jamaican National Players arent Eligible to play in the epl. Leon isnt an active member of the Jamaica NT tho so its slightly possible but as for now, his only true options are Bunesliga and La Liga.

Well, I managed to find this on FA rules about foreign players(article from March 2015):
Dyke said he received Home Office department approval on Friday for a "fundamental reform of the non-EU work visa processes which will come into effect for next season."

Currently non-European players desiring a British work permit must have featured in at least 75 percent of competitive international games in the previous two years for a top-70 ranked team. Now only players from the top 50 FIFA nations will be considered, with a sliding scale of appearances required — from 30 percent of games over two years for the 1-10 teams to 75 percent for 31-50 teams. [source]

Jamaica is currently at 54 in the FIFA rankings and hasn't been above 50 since 2006.
Moreover, Bailey has 0 caps for the Jamaican National Team due to a complicated dispute that shows no sign of ending soon(basically his adopted father is demanding dictatorial power over the federation in return for letting his son play). Thus, even if Bailey were to start playing at the next game and Jamaica were to climb into the FIFA top 50, it would still be a while before Bailey was eligible for a work permit. The Jamaican NT plays about 24 games every two years; therefore Bailey would need 18 caps within a two year period at the very least before he could play in the Premier League.

Finally, although Bailey's agent/adopted father has claimed otherwise, it seems that Bailey is only eligible for Jamaica and nowhere else.

Thus, Bailey does not meet the requirements for an automatic British work permit.

However, there is an appeal process in place which very well might grant him a work permit anyways. It must be emphasized though that this is an additional complication which very well might discourage Premier League clubs from pursuing him.

I'm not sure whether any of this is a good thing for us. Irrespective of Bailey's quality and the question of how well he suits our needs, by all accounts Bailey's adopted father/agent seems like a complete jerk who shares many qualities with Neymar Senior(which might also discourage Premier League teams for going after him),* and it is likely that our board will be turned off by that(and, of course, by Rudi Voller hating our guts) and not seek Bailey's transfer from Leverkusen.

*Also, there might be third party ownership issues involved with the above mess, and those very well might be legal questionable. For comparison, Neymar's third party ownership issues has lead to Barcelona's president at the time, Sandro Rosell, going to prison, in addition to Neymar being sued.
Last edited by Manchu on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 pm

theundead wrote:
Roonzil wrote:outside of the top 50 in the fifa ranks so Jamaican National Players arent Eligible to play in the epl

sounds like bull***t. Algeria is outside the top 50 as well. So is the Ivory Coast. Mahrez and Toure still get to play in the EPL.

Once you get a work permit, you keep it forever. The rules were less stringent in the past, and Ivory Coast and Algeria both used to be in the top 50.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 pm

theundead wrote:

They need a work permit...
Yes it is true...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Bayern & Germany

@iMiaSanMia
8h8 hours ago
More
Rummenigge: "I agreed with Uli that if a transfer of 80 to 100 million is needed to maintain the top quality of the squad, then we would jump in the water and do it. The market is the market and we don't make the rules"

Is it real??? [-o< =D>
It is the first time that I hear that Bayern are willing to go so close to the 100 millions limit. Just a few month ago, Uli said that they won't spend 100 millions on a player, nothing more than 50-60 millions.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby 1911 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm

And again, why didn’t we look at Salah? I’m not a scout, but I’ve been asking for him since Chelsea were looking to offload.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:32 pm

What about Lucas Moura?
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:04 am

Paddy wrote:What about Lucas Moura?

he unfortunately will never be at the level we desire players to be to start at Bayern
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:27 am

I feel he's better than Brandt or Gnabry.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DiegoForlan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Paddy wrote:I feel he's better than Brandt or Gnabry.
You are horribly wrong. The guy never stood to his hype
DiegoForlan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India