You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2006/2007 Generic transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Summer Signings

Postby fcb 4eva » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:46 pm

have to congratulate the board this year for bringing in the quality of players they have, they have worked so hard in trying to keep their promise of a " complete overhaul of the 1st team" and have done it magnificently, the players like Toni, Ribery, Ze, Sosa, Jansen is a sign to teams across europe that we're not messing around anymore and mean business. Congratulations to Hoeness, Hitzfeld, Sagnol and the rest of the board :D

--------------------------------
FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Summer Signings

Postby xevi » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:34 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:have to congratulate the board this year for bringing in the quality of players they have, they have worked so hard in trying to keep their promise of a " complete overhaul of the 1st team" and have done it magnificently, the players like Toni, Ribery, Ze, Sosa, Jansen is a sign to teams across europe that we're not messing around anymore and mean business. Congratulations to Hoeness, Hitzfeld, Sagnol and the rest of the board :D

--------------------------------
FCB 4EVA :D

rummenigge and hopfner too. we can be very happy with the new signings for some reasons:
the most of them are young
are 7 new faces but we can wait that jansen, sosa, ribéry, toni and zé can be perfectly starters
the transfers are done when the most big teams are being to sign players.
bayern has signed 7 very good players without spend very much money in his transfers.

now bayern should try to bring klose and sell santa cruz and if klose comes sell makaay.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

new signings

Postby fcb 4eva » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:38 pm

do you agree that these four players are world class, according to MUTU they arn't

Luca Toni
Franck Ribery
Miroslav Klose
Ze Roberto
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:33 pm

the term "world class" is actually quite blurry. Unless a common and clear consensus can be found about what is "world class" and what it is not, this discussion will go on for ages. Therefore first a definition of world class everyone can agree on has to be found and only then your answer can be reliably and validly answered.
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fcb 4eva » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:14 pm

imo the term "world class" means if the player is able to perform on the world stage, able to compete against the best players in the world.
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mirage » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:02 pm

blah...i thought this topic would be about something else
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:26 am

Duncan wrote:the term "world class" is actually quite blurry. Unless a common and clear consensus can be found about what is "world class" and what it is not, this discussion will go on for ages. Therefore first a definition of world class everyone can agree on has to be found and only then your answer can be reliably and validly answered.

Ditto. For me a world class player is only one where I can't think of any better players in his position, but only players I can't quite say who is best. I can think of better players for the mentioned players in any position on the pitch, hence I don't consider them world class.

What you're not understanding, fcb 4eva, is that I'm not disrespecting them. I'm merely not disrespecting the very best players in the world by labelling other players with their tag.

If for you a world class player is one who is very good, then so be it, call them world class. I won't call them world class, at least not yet. I can probably only think of about 20 players who I personally consider world class, by my definition.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News