You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2006/2007 Generic transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed May 02, 2007 3:50 am

MUTU wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:
Schweini_rules wrote:Bring Ballack back , yes it might sound shity and a joke but thats the truth because since he left FCB is not the same. That is because we havent found or say signed his successor 'coz again we were signing stars like Santos :x
anyway Ballack is a great player and he was Bayern and that is the truth even if we dont like the fact that he went to Chelsea. trust me if it was me or everyone of us would have done the very same thing !
Anyway i think we got Toni we just wait for this season to officially close and then we will publish his signing.
We need more but waay more than just Toni, i do think again and i hope we Offer lots of cash to Hamburg so they cant say no to us. Klose is gone because Werder are determined not to let him to join us.


It doesn't sound wierd to me at all..:)..I actually like to see him back at the Arena...Now that Hitzfeld is back, it might also happen...
He came to Germany to consult a doctor...but what was the real reason behind his visit???any guesses..LOL

Understandably Chelsea are pissed tooo...:D


To be exact, it was the Bayern doctor that he came to visit.
I don't think Ballack will want to come back. It will feel like a personal failure to him if he doesn't remain at Chelsea.


Yeah that is true
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
User avatar
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Sheffield , England
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Do We Need a PlayMaker?

Postby aadapi » Fri May 18, 2007 2:51 pm

hey guys i hav started this thread to know whether we really need a playmaker or not.......Ottamar hitzfeld recently announced he is going to sign 7 players which does not include a playmaker?.....Why we dont want a playmaker considering the fact Diego(Bremen) plays and makes the move so effectively that one could easily find a way past the defenders?so guys plz tell that do we really want a playmaker or not............?
aadapi
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:11 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby bayern1301 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:45 pm

i think he means no singled-out genuine play maker which the team must rely upon to play well... or something like that. a versatile midfield is a flexible one and one where the team as a whole will always be a whole even if several players are missing. i'm not explaining this as well as i want but yeah.. if diego was injured in bremen, they would be severely cripple in terms of attack. something like that can be avoided if there is no "classic" player integral to the team's success.
User avatar
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Duncan » Fri May 18, 2007 5:57 pm

First, you should define a playmaker. Second, you should learn Bayern's understanding of a playmaker and then you would not have opened this thread :roll:


Bayern's view of a playmaker is not the classic '10'. The player that plays directly in the center behind two strikers with the other midfielders in his back. The other fact that constitutes the classic '10' is that every offensive action runs over this classic '10'. To descirbe it metaphorically, the classic '10' is similar to pianist genius like Mozart, that make the difference between two equally strong squads. But this kind of player has actually died out, with Zidane being the last player that could fulfill the definition of this true playmaker.

Neither Ronaldinho, Kaka, Deco, Gerrard, Pirlo, Ronaldo etc fit this bill and therefore it can't surprise that no real top team in Europe has a this kind of playmaker. The only teams that actually have one are german sides (Bremen: Diego, Schalke: Lincoln, Hamburg: "vdV") and given their recent success it becomes obvious that this kind of player has to die out for them too. You may ask why? But then you've obviously missed the develpoments in how football is now played in today's times. As a kind of lessen I could recommend the Espanyol - Bremen (first leg) game and how Espanylo managed to outplay the whole offensive department of Bremen with its little "artist" Diego.

Putting this aside Bayern#s understanding of a playmaker obviously must have changed and adjusted to the modern football. This means a playmaker now is a structurizing player that plays much deeper and that also can add some defensive skills. In combination with another proper DM/CM and two offensive wingers (LOM and ROM) a fully felxible and highly versatile (in terms of offensive options) midfield "can" be created and this is obviously what bayern is trying to do. 8)
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Hawkeye » Sun May 20, 2007 2:26 am

I'm impressed, good explanation!
User avatar
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Postby walter » Sun May 20, 2007 3:59 pm

"The only teams that actually have one are german sides (Bremen: Diego, Schalke: Lincoln, Hamburg: "vdV") and given their recent success it becomes obvious that this kind of player has to die out for them too"

I disagree!!!! Schalke and Bremen made second and third this season, which is not bad, and that was due in big part to their playmakers: Lincoln and Diego, respectively. Also, Bremen would have progress in CL if it wasn't because they let Barcelona score at the last minute at the Wesser Satdium. Hamburg did not do so hot this year, but they had the worst injury plague season I've ever seen, and once they got pretty much full team they were able to climb from bottom to 7th place, thanks to VDV mostly (a lot of credit to Huub Stevens too, but heck he didn't have the injury problems that Doll had). Also, remember Hamburg did very well last season and that was obvioulsy due to VDV; had he not been injured a few games they would have won the title (yes, evidently this speaks for the vulnerability of a team who relies TOO much on his playmaker).
Finnally, Bayern just completed a terrible season, and what was the difference with the previous two years???? Well, we lost our playmaker to Chelsea. I don't care about the nuances of terminology you apply, if somenone plays CAM behind the one, two or three strikers and is responsible in big part to command/organize the attack, that is a playmaker, whetter he plays "Zidane/Diego" style (the classic playmaker style) or the "Ballack/VDV" style (the more scoring oriented style)...
User avatar
walter
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Texas, US
National Flag:
Venezuela
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Duncan » Sun May 20, 2007 5:44 pm

walter wrote:"The only teams that actually have one are german sides (Bremen: Diego, Schalke: Lincoln, Hamburg: "vdV") and given their recent success it becomes obvious that this kind of player has to die out for them too"

I disagree!!!! Schalke and Bremen made second and third this season, which is not bad, and that was due in big part to their playmakers: Lincoln and Diego, respectively. Also, Bremen would have progress in CL if it wasn't because they let Barcelona score at the last minute at the Wesser Satdium. Hamburg did not do so hot this year, but they had the worst injury plague season I've ever seen, and once they got pretty much full team they were able to climb from bottom to 7th place, thanks to VDV mostly (a lot of credit to Huub Stevens too, but heck he didn't have the injury problems that Doll had). Also, remember Hamburg did very well last season and that was obvioulsy due to VDV; had he not been injured a few games they would have won the title (yes, evidently this speaks for the vulnerability of a team who relies TOO much on his playmaker).
Finnally, Bayern just completed a terrible season, and what was the difference with the previous two years???? Well, we lost our playmaker to Chelsea. I don't care about the nuances of terminology you apply, if somenone plays CAM behind the one, two or three strikers and is responsible in big part to command/organize the attack, that is a playmaker, whetter he plays "Zidane/Diego" style (the classic playmaker style) or the "Ballack/VDV" style (the more scoring oriented style)...


National success does not matter in this discussion, when you compare the style of play and its success here in germany with England, Italy or Spain

So, what did Schalke acieve internationally plus what fundamental success did Bremen achieve in their last international years? Basically nothing and it really is not a question that they should advance instead of Barca. Fact is they did not advance and that's what counts.

Hamburg is a different topic but I can only advised to look deeper than "vdV made them having success" cause all of their players simply overachieved last season. Each of their players played above their true level, maybe just like Stuttgart this season. I've already discussed this topic thououghly at Bigsoccer, so I won't go any further but I think this is what really is obvious about Haburg last season. As a sidenote, it will be interesting to see if they (Stuttgart) share Hamburg fate next season.

Bayern did no lose their playmaker with Ballack, in fact Ballack never was one and he even knows that by himself. This is not even a stupid argument about simple terminology, this difference is fundamental incorrectly judging Bayern's performances of the past few years.

Instead of focussing on the recent events, that don't prove your point, you should look on the bigger picture and this is the decline of the german football in general since the mid/late nineties. In this picture the "ancient" way of thiking and playing football definitely matters
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby walter » Mon May 21, 2007 10:33 pm

If this guy would'nt make a fine addition to Bayern next season, then who the heck would make it? watch video and especially build up play to thrid goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrV_He9t2o4

So if VDV is not really who has made the difference at Hamburg in the last two seasons then I would advise you to compute win/loss ratio of the team with VDV in the field and without him (due to injuries/suspensions) in the last two seasons...
User avatar
walter
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Texas, US
National Flag:
Venezuela
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon May 21, 2007 10:44 pm

walter wrote:If this guy would'nt make a fine addition to Bayern next season, then who the heck would make it? watch video and especially build up play to thrid goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrV_He9t2o4

So if VDV is not really who has made the difference at Hamburg in the last two seasons then I would advise you to compute win/loss ratio of the team with VDV in the field and without him (due to injuries/suspensions) in the last two seasons...


It's not about how good he is, it's about how well he fits into our plans. Hitzfeld has already said that we don't want a classic #10, making us predictable. Lately, less and less top teams are playing with a #10, and the result is that the team is more fun to watch.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31596
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8311 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Mon May 21, 2007 11:07 pm

"Hitzfeld has already said that we don't want a classic #10, making us predictable. "

I am sure the Aachen's defender predicted what VDV was gonna do in the build-up to the third goal... hey, I'm sure we all predicted, and especially Kahn, what VDV was gonna do to us when he received that, in theory, harmless pass from the left before chipping the ball up and blasting it into the net our last game against HSV...

no, seriously, w/out sarcasm, we are talking about versatility with him too, he has been played as LM, CM and even as a right winger (that was his position against England in their lastest friendly) in the national dutch team, gaining much praise from Van Basten (him and Seedorf were the only players praised by VB that game)...
Even Beckenbauer said he would be great for Bayern...but then again he's not in charge of that decision...
Finnally, my pont in the last post is that to deny that he has been the player making the difference for Hamburg in the last two seasons is completely unfounded, again, just look at the numbers.
User avatar
walter
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Texas, US
National Flag:
Venezuela
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Duncan » Tue May 22, 2007 8:30 pm

walter wrote:If this guy would'nt make a fine addition to Bayern next season, then who the heck would make it? watch video and especially build up play to thrid goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrV_He9t2o4

So if VDV is not really who has made the difference at Hamburg in the last two seasons then I would advise you to compute win/loss ratio of the team with VDV in the field and without him (due to injuries/suspensions) in the last two seasons...



and here the overrating begins :roll:
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby tracylynn » Tue May 22, 2007 8:42 pm

Just because one is a "playmaker" at one team doesn't mean that player will do the same for the next team he goes to. I think most folks think so and so will be the next star because of how he plays for his current team. So, if he transfers then he'll do the same and that's not necessarily the case.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Springfield, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

New website for transfer gossip

Postby fcb 4eva » Wed May 23, 2007 6:23 pm

found this great website that searches websites and newspapers from all over the world every 5 minutes



http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Bayern+Munich
User avatar
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:11 am
Location: England
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby walter » Wed May 23, 2007 11:14 pm

awesome!!! thanks for sharing it with us!
User avatar
walter
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Texas, US
National Flag:
Venezuela
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu May 24, 2007 12:06 am

thats a good link fcb..
thanks.
User avatar
fanOfBayern
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: NY, (USA)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FlipboardProxy [bot], Google [Bot], prasun77, Twitterbot [bot] and 30 guests