You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Transfer threads for every player?

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Transfer threads for every player?

Postby uzi716 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 pm

I don't think we should start new threads for every player we are rumored to be interested in, I don't think it helps the discussion...
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Official forum suggestion & support thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:21 am

uzi716 wrote:I don't think we should start new threads for every player we are rumored to be interested in, I don't think it helps the discussion...

The problem is that some rumours attract a lot of attention, and then they actually end up being true and Bayern sign the player. Then a few years later that player might be rumoured to leave... the way the forum is organised is by player. It's the way I always felt would be best. Of course I may be wrong and after all it's a matter of opinion. I'm afraid I will not be able to work on this suggestion. What I suggest is that rumours that are obviously fake don't need their own thread, which is something we're doing to some extent.

I also mean to overhaul the system to have a landing page for transfers so you could see which are the more realistic ones etc, so it would be easy to follow. It's an idea I have bubbling in my mind which I will get to work on once I have some time. That will definitely help with the clutter. I understand that is what you originally meant, that you might not visit the forum in say a week and then come back and find so many open threads that you kind of give up.

Thanks a lot for sending in the suggestion :) I promise to try my best...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uzi716 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:53 am

MUTU, I get what you mean with the rumors and stuff here is what I suggest. We use the generic threads for: GK/defense, midfield, and attack. When there is official news a player is coming or going then we open up a thread for that player and use it to discuss. For example, if we use a generic defense thread then we can discuss multiple players like Hummels or Bosingwa and rumors linking us with them. With our current system you'd have to find that players thread to post a rumor involving him and then we can't really discuss other players in that same thread because then it gets off-topic to that specific player.

Its kinda hard to describe in text but I am basing this off a hockey forum that I post on, its a really massive forum with over 83,500 members.

http://hfboards.com/index.php

Here is the link if you want to take a look at it and see how it is set up. I am not saying we should model our forum after this one but rather look at it for ideas on here.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 am

I see what you mean, but just one question. Let's say the Luiz Gustavo thing comes up. He's a player bought to play both in midfield and defence. Would it not be a bit confusing categorizing him? :?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uzi716 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:02 am

Well we should go by what his primary position is. He is a CDM so he would go in the midfield thread.
uzi716
I post all the time

Return to Suggestions & Support