You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Server issues

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Server issues

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Dear fellow forum members,

Many of you have come across a lot of technical problems with the forum as of late. Sometime next week, I'll be moving the site to a new server which offers very reliable web hosting. Basically it's a cluster network of servers all mirroring the same content. When one server goes down, the others are still available for all. This means that it would be highly unlikely for us to find problems with the server again (unless of course the problem is from my end with some forum script problem).

Of course, this means more expenses for me but for now I can handle it. I'm still out of ideas of how I could make some money from this forum...
Last edited by MUTU on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:13 am

The transfer to the new server has been rescheduled for a few days. That way the temporary inconveniences we'll have will happen during the winter break.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:31 am

The server has been successfully upgraded and I've also updated the forum software to the latest version. If you notice any problems whatsoever, please let me know!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Downtime / server upgrade

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 pm

The server was upgraded last Monday, and that's why some posts have been lost. I didn't know anything about it, I simply received this email on 17th February at 00:23

Hello,

In order to provide the best service to our customers we have upgraded your server to a better one and moved the data. On the new server you will have the following extras.

- 8GB RAM (4GB on the old server)
- R1soft backups

The new server is in our cage at the GNAX datacenter where we have our own staff members so that is an additional plus for this upgrade. The new server is much more powerful which will result in better performance and less load issues. Moreover, the new server has r1soft backups which will put an end to the load problems during backup processing.

etc etc

May I remind you that BayernForum.com is a non-profit website, and any financial help from your end would be greatly appreciated. I have been spending a lot of money with no return. If this touches someone's heart to send a donation and get a couple of benefits, please do not hesitate to check out the donations page at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2685
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Quick reply added

Postby appudds » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:43 am

MUTU...
The quick reply feature soesnt work in Official FC Bayern News Page!!!!!!
Neither do the smileys.......
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 am

appudds wrote:The quick reply feature soesnt work in Official FC Bayern News Page!!!!!!
Neither do the smileys....

I have found this out for more than 2 weeks

good that u posted that
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:19 am

Element wrote:I have found this out for more than 2 weeks

good that u posted that

I actually msged that to the modes via PMs..
But none responded...... So i had to post this...
Also, i asked the mods if it was possible to introduce the option of chatting with various users!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Re: The FC Bayern Forum

Postby slyk » Wed May 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Did some kind of overhaul to the Bayernforum occur? i'm reading stuff that i already read 1-2 days ago. I saw they pushed the general bayern discussion to the front, but that still doesn't explain why am reading old stuff.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 pm

slyk wrote:Did some kind of overhaul to the Bayernforum occur? i'm reading stuff that i already read 1-2 days ago. I saw they pushed the general bayern discussion to the front, but that still doesn't explain why am reading old stuff.

All the topics that were moved are now market as unread.
Come on its a few clicks and it's nice to reread some of the old stuff :)
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MaCk0y » Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Click on 'Mark topics as read' which is next to the number of topics at the top of the right in the General Bayern Discussion forum (not here).
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby slyk » Wed May 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh that explains it...i should have thought of that...thanks to both of you...
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Official forum changes thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 am

It doesn't really matter, but I thought I'd mention it. This thread only showed up with unread posts when dambun posted here today for me. Element's and Aequitas' messages did not show up on the day they were posted. Weird...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:13 am

The Forum was off for 3 days as you know

Because of the HostingZoom Maintenance R3

Part of the Email MUTU has received

"Maintenance Notice

We have upgraded kernel to the latest version on the slave server and are moving the services to it. After that we will start restoration of the affected accounts' public_html folders. It took some time to get the list of accounts which are affected."
====

I have bookmarked all the bayern news of the past 3 days so you will not MISS ANYTHING
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby slyk » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks for the info..i was really worried; my days felt a bit off :( , but good to see things return to normal.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:54 am

The forum is now back online, but only temporarily as there will be some downtime tomorrow and it is not clear how long this is going to take (hopefully a short while not days).

If you are impatient, you can follow the progress regarding the forum here: http://forum.resellerzoom.com/showthread.php?t=11884
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Suggestions & Support