You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Profitability of BayernForum.com

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Re: Official forum changes thread

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Mutu how much would cost to make this forum vBulletin like ? with all those addons and style?

Maybe we could gather some money in order to cover the costs
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 pm

You can see vBulletin prices there:

https://www.vbulletin.com/order/

But the migration process would be a painful one (if we consider add-ons, data integrity etc.).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I was actually considering this only last week. I have my doubts on whether we can gather enough donations to get vBulletin though.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

will there be a significant difference between our forum like this and and after vbulletin forum
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm

MUTU wrote:I was actually considering this only last week. I have my doubts on whether we can gather enough donations to get vBulletin though.

You can count me in for a donation...

And I believe some other users will be glad to chip in some money. It will be a big improvement if that change takes place :) And all users will have a better time on this forum because there are a lot of good things included and for my taste it looks nicer :)
sch0ll7

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:28 pm

MyBB is also not bad :)...It is nice looking + it is free...It is an nice option if there is not enough money for VB :)

"When vBulletin is too expensive and phpBB is not pretty, the only choice is MyBB. I have been using MyBB for over one year now, and with its attractive front end and its easy-to-use back end, it has not let me down one bit. From the wide range of plugins, to an easy and simple theme creator right within your own forum, MyBB is the only way to go. Some people think everything that is free is horrible, but MyBB should change their minds!"
sch0ll7

Postby dambun » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 pm

I really would have loved to have helped via donation.... I really really do....
But I have no means of doing so, as I live in Iran and we are not using any universal master card or something like that...
I really hate that this shitty government is taking everything that we love to do, from us.... :twisted: :evil:

Anyway... How much is it needed for an upgrade to vBulletin approximately?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 pm

dambun wrote:by dambun » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:23 pm

I really would have loved to have helped via donation.... I really really do....
But I have no means of doing so, as I live in Iran and we are not using any universal master card or something like that...
I really hate that this shitty government is taking everything that we love to do, from us.

you can transfer money via Western union or something like that

no need for a mastercard
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Element wrote:Western union

What's that?... I've never heard of it here in Iran.... Do you have any info about it's services in Iran?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 am

dambun wrote:What's that?... I've never heard of it here in Iran.... Do you have any info about it's services in Iran?

oooh , then the case is serious in iran

You tell them that you want to transfer a certain amount of money

then you pay them the money in Cash plus transfer fee

after doing all of this

they give you a paper with a number , the transfer serial number

you give the number of the transfer to Mutu

Mutu goes to any western union in Malta , gives them the number of transfer , and gets the money you sent (they dont actually send it , you pay them in Iran , and Western union in Malta gives MUTU money) for Faster Service

===========
We use it all the time to transfer the money to our maid's Home Country

For every transfer less than 1000 Dollars to here country , they only take 10 dollars

and it sometimes does not take hours , before the reciever gets his money

ADD : Just checked Western union Homepage , Western union is on over 240 Countries , BUT IRAN IS NOT ONE OF THEM

sorry dude http://www.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/st ... e=HomePage
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Element wrote:Western union is on over 240 Countries , BUT IRAN IS NOT ONE OF THEM

See how this regime is f*cking us?? :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks for the info though, bro...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby The Spyware » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 pm

But I think the bank take mauch higher transfer fees
In Egypt here it takes around 26 euros fees on any amount you transfer by swift and this fee increase when you transfer higher amount of money

SO if you are going to transfer 10 euros for example to Malta you will have to pay additional 26 euros (more than the double )

That's a problem I had when I wanted to donate here

I will try the way Ele menioned by western union though as it seems easy , I thought it was difficult and that's why I asked a friend of mine works as accountant to Help as every procedures here in Egypt is sh!t and too slow

Hope it will work
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Element » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 pm

here in jordan the procedures are also bad except in those financial things .you io egypt dont have paypal which also takes away a solution

i am also thinking about donation when i get my (salary) lol
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Profitability of BayernForum.com

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 pm

I was reading through this thread and noticed that MUTU had first considered the idea of selling Bayern merchandise (which we are now doing with the shirts) 6 years ago.

I was wondering how it has worked out. Is the forum still operating at a loss, or has this made a big difference? I know a lot of us made donations after this went up. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Profitability of BayernForum.com

Postby AvatarX » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I was reading through this thread and noticed that MUTU had first considered the idea of selling Bayern merchandise (which we are now doing with the shirts) 6 years ago.

I was wondering how it has worked out. Is the forum still operating at a loss, or has this made a big difference? I know a lot of us made donations after this went up. :)

If you consider the total costs (including the host of the dedicated server we have for the chat etc.) it is still on a big loss, but we are thinking some other options to recover.

Not considering of course the time / energy Mutu (mainly) and I, put for development / implementing new features.

But I think in general with the shirts we are on a good track now. With the help of some more donations, we might cover some more of the expenses :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Support