You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Profitability of BayernForum.com

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:20 am

I have seen some adverts that looked interesting but I haven't seen them in some time. I keep seeing the same ones for awhile and most of them don't look that interesting.

I don't know what else you can do to make the site profitable. Didn't someone make a post about betting in another thread? I know you don't want it but I know some sites set up a Paypal account for donations. Perhaps someone has more ideas than I do because I really don't know what you can do.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:19 pm

I wonder if this could help

:?

[url]http://www.2createawebsite
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 pm

MUTU wrote:The forum software does not allow this, sorry. If and when this site starts generating some profit, I will pay for vBulletin which is pretty expensive. Until then, we have to stay stuck on free phpBB with less features, unless regulars here are willing to pool in donations...

how much are we talking about?
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:15 am

MUTU wrote: Until then, we have to stay stuck on free phpBB with less features, unless regulars here are willing to pool in donations...

Yeah, how much money are you talking about? Personally, if it's not too much where it won't break this college student and part-time teacher bank account, I don't have a problem donating money to this site. I know you don't want handouts but think about? Perhaps do a poll to see how many are willing to donate?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:25 am

$160 the first year and then $30 a year...

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Thats not much..
lets create a poll to find out who wants to donate.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Romana » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:44 pm

why can't we open a new free forum instead of paying any penny ?
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:20 pm

Romana wrote:why can't we open a new free forum instead of paying any penny ?

What we have now is a free forum. So, we can keep it like this or go to a better one.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:25 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Thats not much..

Yeah, do a poll and find out who wants to donate. Hopefully, we can get 16 people to donate $10 to cover the cost.

I know I've said this before but I'm a member of a figure skating board who uses VBulletin and I know they set up a Paypal account so that folks can donate money all through the year. Also, they do have betting because they have a section called "bookies".
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Romana » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:27 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Romana wrote:why can't we open a new free forum instead of paying any penny ?

What we have now is a free forum. So, we can keep it like this or go to a better one.

ahaaaa

thx tracylynn
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby kevh26 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:47 pm

tracylynn wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:Thats not much..

Yeah, do a poll and find out who wants to donate. Hopefully, we can get 16 people to donate $10 to cover the cost.

I know I've said this before but I'm a member of a figure skating board who uses VBulletin and I know they set up a Paypal account so that folks can donate money all through the year. Also, they do have betting because they have a section called "bookies".

I think Tracy has the right idea here, if you put up a donate section on the site, i'm sure people will be happy to do so (i know i for one will)
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby draconaut » Tue May 01, 2007 11:19 am

Waht about advertising it by creating links of this forum in our other forum identities' signature? :wink: Will it help?
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue May 01, 2007 11:47 am

draconaut wrote:Waht about advertising it by creating links of this forum in our other forum identities' signature? :wink: Will it help?

I do that on the official Bayern one. But on other forums sometimes it's not allowed to do so.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby draconaut » Wed May 02, 2007 12:53 am

MUTU wrote:
draconaut wrote:Waht about advertising it by creating links of this forum in our other forum identities' signature? :wink: Will it help?

I do that on the official Bayern one. But on other forums sometimes it's not allowed to do so.

i see........so is Sagnol one of our members? :lol: Well,call others' to do the same maybe it is a good idea. :D
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby buluuu » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:18 pm

but i think we should hv more promotions on the site...
i dun think many of bayern's fans noe abt dis site.....
we should make it more internationalised.......
like more english-speaking fans........even they were germans...as long as we can communicate.....
and i think the site should add some more information......
to make the site more attractive....i think it should expand....no longer be a forum animore....for example.......
so as to make it probable to be a profit-making site???!!!!!!!!

im not sure....if it's possible.....haha......or should it be called bayernforum.com animore.......?
buluuu
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Support