You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ninja bot?

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Ninja bot?

Postby SouthernStar » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:25 am

Hey there. Recently I have noticed a couple of posts posting links for a full match file or a match analysis and the likes. And then you look at the username (some questionable names there) and the amount of posts that they had (usually < 5). And then it was mostly a double posts of their links in different pages.

Instinct told me that they are not real users and might possibly be harmful bots but they "behave" like real people/users :? It might be possible that the links are actually harmful etc... And that unsuspecting people may open the link by accident etc... (because they are about football or Bayern and not kitchens!)

Example of such posts: in the tactics and formation thread page 18, there is a post by "counterpressing". A similar post by "ibrahimovich" (yea name pretty much tells you) in one of the Telekom Cup match thread.

*** If you guys are real users, forgive me... But with the recent kitchen bot attacks, you just can never be too careful.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Ninja bot?

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:01 am

No you can't, and discretion needs to be taken when downloading files, as always. We can't offer scanning of links, and neither can we simply assume that anyone with few posts is a scammer. Could be that they are doing it for the money (adfly) or for bonuses from filehosting sites. Some filehosting sites give you stuff for having users download your files.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AdepT » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 am

I guess I have seen the video by 'counterpressing'. Somebody else had shared that link earlier. It's hosted on Vimeo and it was a nice analysis.
Then I saw a post by the same username here. I guess he's a real guy but wouldn't stick around too much.
Last edited by AdepT on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 am

Btw there is a great site to check if a file you have downloaded is a virus or not before installing anything. It uses many antivirus engines in the same time. Totally recommended!

http://www.virustotal.com
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Return to Suggestions & Support