You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Look of the forum

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Re: Official forum changes thread

Postby Element » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:26 pm

MUTU wrote:a bit.

If anyone would like to revert back to the old style you can do so:
- Click on "User Control Panel" at the top
- Click on "Board preferences" tab
- Choose "prosilver" in the dropdown for "My board style"
- Click save

I Doubt that anyone will revert back

special thanks to AVATARX , MUTU , Aequitas(Banner) and Slemba(Slogan) for this new look

and thanks Slemba , trust me , my contribution will highly increase

Thomas Edison said about his plans about electricity " We will make electricity so cheap that only rich ones will burn candles"

and i say that "I Will make this forum so informative that only non-bayern fans will enter bayenrs official website" :D
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Element wrote:I Will make this forum so informative that only non-bayern fans will enter bayenrs official website

LOL that's too much!

Thanks everyone for the health wishes :) I am waiting to do an OP in a hospital in the UK and am waiting for a slot which will hopefully come by next week or the following. After that I'll be spending some 6 weeks in bed. As soon as I'd be able to at least use a laptop, I'll try to get back on the forum :) I'm going to miss a lot of matches :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 pm

MUTU wrote:Thanks everyone for the health wishes I am waiting to do an OP in a hospital in the UK and am waiting for a slot which will hopefully come by next week or the following. After that I'll be spending some 6 weeks in bed. As soon as I'd be able to at least use a laptop, I'll try to get back on the forum I'm going to miss a lot of matches

that is really really really really sad

hope you get better ,i really do

that is really bad news
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Slemba » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 pm

MUTU wrote:Thanks everyone for the health wishes :) I am waiting to do an OP in a hospital in the UK and am waiting for a slot which will hopefully come by next week or the following. After that I'll be spending some 6 weeks in bed. As soon as I'd be able to at least use a laptop, I'll try to get back on the forum :) I'm going to miss a lot of matches :(

Bad news MUTU :( We will really miss u man !!
I hope speed recovery for our beloved admin [-o<

Element wrote:and i say that "I Will make this forum so informative that only non-bayern fans will enter bayenrs official website" :D

Um sure u can do it Element...Actually u(along with other users) already did it and this forum is really more informative than the official site =D>
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:21 pm

At least your lady will keep you company in bed. :twisted:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Greeeeaaat work thumbs up
Many thanx to everyone worked on this
Hop U speedy recovery Mr.Mutu
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah, I hope you'll have a speedy recovery MUTU [-o<
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KAHN » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:09 am

Great work =D> =D> =D> =D>
And speedy recovery for MUTU!
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:39 am

WOW!
Forum looks great!
Oh yeah, and I just got back from another vacation, so I should be coming around the forum regularly again.
Great work to site designer, I think Aquetias, forum looks awesome!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 am

MunchenFC wrote:Great work to site designer, I think Aquetias, forum looks awesome!

Aequitas designed the Banner (Which looks amazing with effenberg and co)
Slemba Came up with the Mia San Mia
and MUTU Applied it

so special thanks for those 4

but every user here deserves a thank you , because The ofrum is not only a website , the forum is a community and we aRE A COMMUNITY
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm loving the new look too, finally some RED in here! A big Thank You goes out to everyone contributing in this. But was the “We Are Who We Are” translation in brackets really necessary ? Just doesn’t sound good translated into English and doesn’t really convey the Bavarian confidence, which is what the Mia San Mia phrase is all about. We are us and there’s no one who can get in our way, our path is the only right one and regardless of what the others do or how hard they try, we’ll always be better and more successful. Just a suggestion. :wink:

Speedy recovery @ Mutu!
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 pm

MrLinky wrote:finally some RED in here!

The first version of the new skin was almost total red but it was a bit "tiring" for the eye, so we decided to go with a mix of red and more "pale" colors (light blue/grey) in order to be easier for the eye while reading text :).

Thx to everyone for those kind words. I just wanted to give something back to this community and thought that a new, fresh and a more "bayerish" (as Mack0y said when he first saw it) theme would be nice. A new theme to welcome the new Bayern era :D :D
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby floriangoetz87 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Awesome work, simply fantastic! Big hand to AvatarX, Aequitas and MUTU , and everyone in the Bayern Forum community. =D>
floriangoetz87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 am

First of all... good work :)

Dont get me wrong...I like it but I think there are different forum "skins" with much more addons like live chat, like buttons, shortcuts, recently added topics etc...

Like this one http://www.ipbforumskins.com/preview/ov ... index.html

maybe some of those addons would improve forum even more
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:34 am

That's for IP.Board and not phpBB which we are using.
The difference between these two is that phpBB is free and IP.Board costs money that I'm not willing to spend on a site that already runs at a loss.
I know you understand sch0ll7, especially since you were one of the very few who donated money to BayernForum.com

What we can add, however, are mods for phpBB which you can find here:
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/modif ... 6f0fd996ac

To note though that I can't just go about and add every addon because:
1) It's a security risk
2) It takes time to implement
3) It makes upgrades to new versions of phpBB more cumbersome
4) Sometimes new versions of these addons come out, and I wouldn't know about it.

But, if there is one addon that a lot of people want, I will add it to keep you guys happy :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Support