You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Look of the forum

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Re: Official forum suggestion & support thread

Postby Element » Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 am

The Spyware wrote:Hey , there is a little thing I don't like which is he term '' Unofficial '' FC Bayern forum

Actually if you remember not long time ago , there was no "unofficial "

but then because of copyright ,legal stuff and bla bla bla bla

we had to put it
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Tue May 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Isn't the term "Inofficial" more appropriate? :mrgreen:

Anyway, I think we can remove that term with a change of the title... something like this:
"The greatest International forum for the fans of FC Bayern"
instead of FC Bayern Forum!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby AvatarX » Tue May 24, 2011 5:22 pm

dambun wrote:Isn't the term "Inofficial" more appropriate? :mrgreen:

Anyway, I think we can remove that term with a change of the title... something like this:
"The greatest International forum for the fans of FC Bayern"
instead of FC Bayern Forum!

No, from a legal point of view, unfortunately we can't. It has to be stated crystal clear that we are unofficial.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby dambun » Wed May 25, 2011 7:50 pm

AvatarX wrote:No, from a legal point of view, unfortunately we can't. It has to be stated crystal clear that we are unofficial.

I think MrLinky can help us in this matter, if we can find him.....
But I think there is a difference between saying "FC Bayern forum" and "a forum for fans of FC Bayern"....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby AvatarX » Wed May 25, 2011 8:21 pm

dambun wrote:
AvatarX wrote:No, from a legal point of view, unfortunately we can't. It has to be stated crystal clear that we are unofficial.

But I think there is a difference between saying "FC Bayern forum" and "a forum for fans of FC Bayern"....

Actually my wife is a lawyer and also is her sister :). Her sister is also specialized in copyrights issues, and from what I understood, as long as it is a trademark we need to make it clear that it is not an official forum.

Anyway, sometimes law can be interpreted in more than one ways and there are differences between countries. What we could use is a lawyer with experience in the trademarks, copyrights issues and German law. It's just the safest way to leave it as it is because they accept it like that.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby München Minded » Wed May 25, 2011 10:27 pm

dambun wrote:

Actually my wife is a lawyer and also is her sister :). Her sister is also specialized in copyrights issues, and from what I understood, as long as it is a trademark we need to make it clear that it is not an official forum.

Anyway, sometimes law can be interpreted in more than one ways and there are differences between countries. What we could use is a lawyer with experience in the trademarks, copyrights issues and German law. It's just the safest way to leave it as it is because they accept it like that.

Yep -- Official would mean FC Bayern are involved or have condoned this forum to be the official one. There are many other forums out there around Bayern, so this can't be the official one. Like other forums and clubs supporting Bayern we are officially fans :mrgreen: -- But maybe it could say something along the lines of best, or something indicating the top forum -- or just be sneaky and put the "un" in small italic font :mrgreen: -- who knows, with enough support maybe this forum will become the official one. Write Uli a letter.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu May 26, 2011 8:43 am

I had to change the title this way due to legal problems (i.e. FC Bayern's lawyers sent me letters)... I managed to find an in-between ground and they accepted that I change the logo, add the disclaimer to the bottom and change the title to have the word "Unofficial" (which they specifically requested). I'm not going to change it and risk a lawsuit. What's in a name, anyway? :wink:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 am

AvatarX wrote:Anyway, sometimes law can be interpreted in more than one ways and there are differences between countries. What we could use is a lawyer with experience in the trademarks, copyrights issues and German law. It's just the safest way to leave it as it is because they accept it like that.

MUTU wrote:I had to change the title this way due to legal problems (i.e. FC Bayern's lawyers sent me letters)... I managed to find an in-between ground and they accepted that I change the logo, add the disclaimer to the bottom and change the title to have the word "Unofficial" (which they specifically requested). I'm not going to change it and risk a lawsuit. What's in a name, anyway?

Yeah... I guessed that something like that might have happened Mutu.... But I think the word "Unofficial" does have a negative effect on a new-coming user, one who is seeing our forum for the first time.... So if there is a way to get around this word, I believe it's a good idea to consider it..... As you know, there are other forums dedicated to Bayern fans... and not all of them use the word "unofficial"
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby CroCHEF » Thu May 26, 2011 10:30 am

is anyone visit official Bayern forum?
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby vijay92 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 pm

If this forum would be made official, wouldnt there be a problem with that someone to do with Bayern will always check what people are writing. We can't state what we honestly think like nerlinger out, klose should retire and our defence isn't better than me on my own. Official or unofficial doesn't make much difference, fans are fans and opinions are opinions
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Thu May 26, 2011 4:57 pm

vijay92 wrote:If this forum would be made official, wouldnt there be a problem with that someone to do with Bayern will always check what people are writing. We can't state what we honestly think like nerlinger out, klose should retire and our defence isn't better than me on my own. Official or unofficial doesn't make much difference, fans are fans and opinions are opinions

So basically you are saying that if people knew it was official, freedom of expression would be severely hindered? I agree with you fully. Being unofficial is positive to some fans.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby München Minded » Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 pm

right -- like all the sh*t we say about Nerlinger and the board :mrgreen: This forum is the best. It would be nice to know if any official people at Bayern peruse forum's like this. Then they would know how pissed off we are about transfers and organization.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Element » Thu May 26, 2011 7:23 pm

vijay92 wrote:If this forum would be made official, wouldnt there be a problem with that someone to do with Bayern will always check what people are writing. We can't state what we honestly think like nerlinger out, klose should retire and our defence isn't better than me on my own. Official or unofficial doesn't make much difference, fans are fans and opinions are opinions

Also Besides

Being official means NO Posting of copyrighted material (Links for matches and highlights.. )
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby tflags » Sun May 29, 2011 3:23 am

Updated...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby dambun » Tue May 31, 2011 7:11 pm

nice one tflag.... =D> =D> =D> =D>
I couldn't hit the "+" karma button for some unknown reason....!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Support