You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Look of the forum

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Re: Official forum changes thread

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:25 pm

If this the right thread for suggestions?

If so, is there a way to set that upon openning a thread you go directly to the last read post?

AP: I like the new logo, but it still kind of looks like a GTA seal...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official forum suggestion & support thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:05 pm

tflags wrote:If this the right thread for suggestions?

It wasn't, but I moved it here.

tflags wrote:If so, is there a way to set that upon openning a thread you go directly to the last read post?

There are links up at the top for topics with unread messages that says "First unread post". If you click on it you get taken there :)

tflags wrote:AP: I like the new logo, but it still kind of looks like a GTA seal...

Thanks, it's my logo heavily modified by AvatarX (who deserves all the credit really). I hope to have an even better one soon though.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon May 23, 2011 2:52 am

New banner suggestion... The actual one should have the right width and better res...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 23, 2011 7:55 am

I love it =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Mon May 23, 2011 8:01 am

tflags wrote:right width

The right width is 1450 pixels (or more). Also a BG pic should have more pale colors so it wouldn't distract the eye.

Nice banner but I would prefer to have FCB legends there, not Contento and Fun Buyten :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Mon May 23, 2011 9:20 am

A little bit of constructive criticism - you might want to blur the background contrast a bit, like the one between Contento and Lahm.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Payam » Mon May 23, 2011 3:23 pm

I would actually prefer a banner of our current squad. After all, we are rooting on this current team.
Also I agree with Quaazi( if that is his real name :P).
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby tflags » Mon May 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks for the comments. @Quazzi, good idea. Will work on it if the new banner is approved. I takes long painstaking work to blur D BG around the players.

@Avatar. The idea to have the current lineup pictured is to actually increase traffic. If approved, I would like to have the banner show who is playing that weekend. I like the way Bundesliga's Website has the teams logos ordered according to their current table ranking so I figured we could have the banner change (please, this is just an idea-I have no idea how hard it is to change the link to the banner every week) according to that weekend's projected lineup. That way, match-day (or a bit before), you COULD visit the site and just by looking at the banner know who is playing.

So... what do ya think?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Mon May 23, 2011 4:37 pm

tflags wrote:Thanks for the comments. @Quazzi, good idea. Will work on it if the new banner is approved. I takes long painstaking work to blur D BG around the players.

@Avatar. The idea to have the current lineup pictured is to actually increase traffic. If approved, I would like to have the banner show who is playing that weekend. I like the way Bundesliga's Website has the teams logos ordered according to their current table ranking so I figured we could have the banner change (please, this is just an idea-I have no idea how hard it is to change the link to the banner every week) according to that weekend's projected lineup. That way, match-day (or a bit before), you COULD visit the site and just by looking at the banner know who is playing.

So... what do ya think?

The lineup is confirmed less than an hour before kick-off. This suggestion, whilst nice in theory, is just impossible to do, apart from taking too much time. It's infeasible to stay changing the banner depending on some predicted line-up (which will spark a controversy when there are 2 opposing prediction lineups).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon May 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Payam wrote:I would actually prefer a banner of our current squad. After all, we are rooting on this current team.
Also I agree with Quaazi( if that is his real name ).

No

We Are Rooting for the Club , and not for the players

Those Legends MAde the Club

while the current players are only playing for it Now

After 20 years , we will look back and say " Ribery might be one of the best Non-germans to paly here-

or The Robben goal will enter as one of the Greatest Moments in clubs history (isnt it already)

Besides , this would mean that we must change banner every half a season
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Payam » Mon May 23, 2011 9:08 pm

The current team IS our club :)
Those legends won us and our club much, and we should be grateful for that. But these guys no longer play on the field where, as you know, the sweat is broken and the difference is made. Where the trophys are won.

And who knows, hopefully someday this current squad will be the legends. :D

But I digress, I am for changning the banner to the current squad IF the decision of changing banners is made.

Still, I agree with you on your last point, it would mean the changing of banners very often. :?
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby The Spyware » Mon May 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey , there is a little thing I don't like which is he term '' Unofficial '' FC Bayern forum

I think the term Unofficial isn't needed at all in the sentence IMO ,, we can say FC Bayern Forum directly ,, or any other thing like Home of FC Bayern fans or other friendly slogan :)
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby tflags » Tue May 24, 2011 12:03 am

Payam wrote:Still, I agree with you on your last point, it would mean the changing of banners very often. :?

I don't mind updating the banner to be honest. If the decision is made, you can use the source file or send me whatever changes you decide. If not, well, I'll keep it as a souvenir. I enjoyed doing it. 8)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 24, 2011 7:22 am

I love the banner with the legends (who doesn't? I mean, they're legends), but I kind of prefer having one with our current players. However, we should wait until the summer is over to see who the new players are and who will be leaving, don't you think?

And like Payam said, maybe next year's squad will turn out to be legends. [-o<
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue May 24, 2011 7:38 am

The Spyware wrote:Hey , there is a little thing I don't like which is he term '' Unofficial '' FC Bayern forum

I think the term Unofficial isn't needed at all in the sentence IMO ,, we can say FC Bayern Forum directly ,, or any other thing like Home of FC Bayern fans or other friendly slogan :)

There are legal reasons behind the action of putting that word there. There are trademarks and copyrights issues and the term FC Bayern is one of them.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Support